• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Police allegedly found 1.5kg of MDMA powder, bags of colouring agent and pill press

AGree with what others have said. who knows what it actually is, the adel media barely ever gets anything right. coulda been speed or 4mmc, mdea, mdxx, lots of diff things aside from jus mdma

It would not be the first time that a clandestine MDMA lab has been found in Adelaide, actually its fairly common.

quite common?? I cant think of many in oz. Can you link me to some online articles relating to this please.

Sad if it was mdma, only mdma adelaide will see for a while. Not that its much use when they press pill here with about 5mg of mdma, 5mg of speed and the rest filler.

quite common?? I cant think of many in oz. Can you link me to some online articles relating to this please.

Just go through the drug bust threads, there's a few. Not exactly common but compared to the rest of the country. There haven't been any in a while though.

I do remember seeing one in the drug bust mega thread some time ago myself

There's so many posts in that thread that i CBF'd finding it tonight

An Adelaide couple from memory, making MDMA in a clan lab

I have only seen small scale production MDMA lab busts in Aus, not to say big labs do or don't exist, I think it's just too hard to get the precursors in large amounts and probably cheap enough to import MDMA rather than go to all the effort of making it

Making it involves so many extra risks

It followed two arrests at an alleged drug laboratory in Prospect on Christmas Eve. Police allegedly found 1.5kg of MDMA powder, bags of colouring agent and a used mechanical pill press.
People need to read the article more carefully. The unconscious man has nothing to do with what is written above. The above statement says nothing about whether or not the actual MDMA powder was manufactured here. There is no doubt MDMA powder gets imported and then pressed into "ecstasy" pills locally. There is no doubt that some MDMA powder would be manufactured in Australia. How much is anyone's guess. This article says nothing about where the actual drug was manufactured, only that some bozo was pressing pills locally, which happens all the time.

Mobile GC/MS is or was used by the AFP. These days there are many systems available, particularly those that employ Ionisation/MS or Infrared spectroscopy so who knows what's in use atm. As to whether this equipment would be available to state authorities, it's hard to say.

However, it worth noting that regardless of what's done onsite, all results would need to be verified in a lab, as pure standards are run to verify a sample result. Due to the possible interferences and contamination issues with onsite testing, I doubt that onsite results alone would be considered admissible evidence.

The other thing to consider is the additional compounds that may be present and which could interfere with the chromatography. Often mixtures of compounds require additional processing, varied parameters or other forms of chromatography to separate the active compounds. In many cases, to do do this properly onsite would not be practical.

If I were on police wages i would want a fairly good idea as to what i was dealing with at a bust site

I assumed they would test on site to get a rough idea and then again back in the lab for further analytical purposes in the lead up to prosecution.

Thanks once again for your input P_D