• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Phenprobamate

negrogesic

Moderator: BDD, OD
Staff member
I know there is nothing advanced about this, but I got no response from the tweakers and junkies in Other Drugs (relax, im kidding, sort of).

The compound is listed at the site of an RC vendor, and wonder if anyone had the chance to try this compound. Its not very potent, but its relatively cheap.

Here is the wiki and structure:

Phenprobamate.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenprobamate

In regards to meprobamate, there are more differences in structure then the name phenprobamate may suggest. Below is meprobamate:

250px-Meprobamate.svg.png

It's so damn cheap I would just get it man. I love soma\miltown, and wiki seems to show this stuff is active. The only thing I'm worried about here is the vendor. Anyone have exp. with this vendor?

Has anyone tried it? While it is a carbamate, the phenyl group is odd. Potency is below that of meprobamate....

It's junk in my humble opinion.

I love the hell out of carisoprodol and to a lesser degree, meprobamate, but phenprobamate sucks. It doesn't have the wonderful feel that carisoprodol does, and seems dirtier comparatively.

I'm not even sure that it's self administered in animals.

Don't forget that the carbamates constitute a gigantic family - there are even chemical weapons in the family, IIRC.

Anyway, even the sedative ones, I'm sure you know, negro, that you have things like Methocarbamol, which does relax muscles, but is simply not fun no matter how much you stretch it :).

methocarbamol-image01.jpg

Maybe, like Methocarbamol, Phenprobamate might prove a good booster for other sedatives?

Still, I am very happy to see "RC" sedatives for a change.

It's junk in my humble opinion.

I love the hell out of carisoprodol and to a lesser degree, meprobamate

I thought carisoprodol was effectively a prodrug for meprobamate? Why would you prefer carisoprodol?

Well, I ordered some of the phenprobamate, maybe it will come in handy at some point...

I thought carisoprodol was effectively a prodrug for meprobamate? Why would you prefer carisoprodol?

Well, I ordered some of the phenprobamate, maybe it will come in handy at some point...

Dude, seriously update this thread w\ results, I'm very interested. =D

And I like carisoprodol over meprobamate too, and I've had both several times.

A 350mg soma feels stronger than a 400mg meprobamate to me. Meprobamate is *slightly* more bland, too, IMHO. Granted these miltowns were like 3 years old, and the somas are always straight from the pharmacy, but still.

Carisoprodol, in my opinion, is more than just a prodrug.

Methocarbamol is OTC in Canada, and somewhat resembles Phenprobamate chemically (though it's still not that close). Methocarbamol is definitely not much fun. It feels like being messed up, with relaxed muscles, but absolutely no happy/goofyness, anxiolytic effects (actually made me kind of nervous/anxious), or even lowered inhibitions.

Phenprobamate may be better, considering the wiki article at least says it was used as an anxiolytic. It must do some things that Methocarbamol doesn't then.

By the way, to be fair to Methocarbamol, it makes a great muscle relaxant when you're super sore from being too much of a weekend warrior.

While some carisoprodol metabolizes to meprobamate, I'd think that Carisoprodol is also active on it's own as an analog of meprobamate. Thus some may prefer carisoprodol to meprobamate.

Hmmm....

Hopefully phenprobamate is nothing like methocarbamol, which has zero abuse potential in my opinion....

Yes, the remark about it being used as an anxiolytic is the only promising thing i found....

I will update when it arrives....

carisoprodol is definitely not "effectively" a prodrug for meprobamate. It is perfectly active on its own.

Ok, I just consumed roughly 500mg of the phenprobamate orally. I guess I'll find out what happens.

My guess is that the dose is too low...

Ended up redosing with a combined total of roughly 900mg.

It certainly has anxiolytic properties, and is far from worthless. Plus, its dirt cheap. Its a decent muscle relaxant as well.

Not bad, but I need more trials...

It's not worthless, but as a recreational drug, it's crap. There are many, many more cheaply available carbamates that aren't scheduled with much better activity profiles.

Hmmmm, I guess I don't know where to look then...

I agree the abuse potential is limited, but it still does possess sedative and anxiolytic properties. Reminds me of a cross between soma and phenibut...

It also seems to irritate the stomach, but this is not uncommon with the carbamates

2 grams of this stuff had me on my ass. As soon as it started kicking in hard, i had to struggle to walk to a chair.

No hangover either....

This substance is far better than phenobarbital (which might not say a whole lot). Still, I believe it has recreational, and more likely, therapeutic potential...

I found it useful as a muscle relaxant. Phenobarbital is probably the world's worst GABAergic to be abused. easy to overdose, such a huge halflife, can't mix with anything. I took 10-25mg (which is a miniscule dose for the stuff) a few hours before I took suboxone, and there was serious potentiation. Was a little scary.

The really scary thing, though, was that three days later I was still noticing potentiation!

There are really very few non-alcohol depressants I've tried that every produced a hangover.

Can you use this as sleeping aid without being a zombie the next day? How long does the effects last?