• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bluelighter's guide to getting raided.

And to people thinking online talk, using 'warez' and stuff will never lead to trouble
United States Attorney Paul J. McNulty announced today that Sabuj Pattanayek, age 21, of Nashville, Tennessee, was sentenced to 41 months in federal prison by the Honorable T.S. Ellis III, United States District Judge, for conspiring to violate the criminal copyright laws as a member of one of the oldest and largest international software piracy rings on the Internet.
Yes, this happened in USA but its only a matter of time before Australia just follows suit in regards to matter like this..

Just to *BUMP* this and plus put in a small article from a warez guy (couldn't find where else to fit this in ok)
Translated from a real life german computer magazine
Predator, who doesnt want to give his reallife name, is Insider of the scene described in this article.
He designs Logos and ASCII Arts for the Groups, which are placed in there ".nfo" files. These files come together
with the Release and show informations about the released game and the Group which cracked it. In his RL Predator maintains
networks for big german Companies.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ct:Why do u speak with us about the scene, if nothing shall be revealed about its organisation und its members in public?
Predator:
In the Past Media spreaded things which were not true about the scene. I finally want to clear up, that we dont have the intention to harm anyone
or cause any damage. We have a reputable Hobby- unfortunatly Outsiders wanna profit from it and with that they draw the attention of the Feds to us.
ct:
Why do the groups crack the games anyway?
Predator:
These groups see a sport in there actions.Evry game is a race for us, which the group wins, if it provides a final working "illegal" Copy of it.
Often Groups like "Razor1911","DEViANCE" or "FairLight" have the races decided between them, cause they have the contact to insiders and fast internet connections.
Only this way they can upload a release on all of their own FTPs("Topsites") and the ftps of the other groups to win the race.
As Reward they dont get money, but the Respect of the Scene.
ct:You allways make prominent that ur Releases are for the internal use.Although u form the source of the illegal Copies of which the companies feel damaged.
In the End arent it ur "Warez" that are publically available?
Predator:
Suspectedly Releases are put to Peer to Peer and to Public FTPs by Traders.The Releases in "eDonkey" are seemingly given away by "sceners", which think of
themselves as if they are some kind of Robin Hood.They seem to have forgotten that they draw attention of the Investigators with such actions.
It is impossible to find these Persons cause they hide themselves.The accusation that we damage the industry is wrong.Cause not evryone that downloads a
a cracked copy of a high price product, would have bought it in the first place.
ct:
How are crackergroups organized?
Predator:
Usually two peeps lead the group(Leaders).2-3 peeps assist the leaders(Councils).15-20 simple Mebers organize and crack the games.Couriers on the other hand
try to spread rlses as fast as possible.These Persons even have there own statistics, in which the best spreaders are listed weekly.
Some Admins at universities have special accounts ,so they tolerate Topsites in there own network.
ct:
Where are these Topsites located?
Predator:
Evrywhere,where big Traffic isnt noticed.In one case the siteop was a employeee of a cleanin company which also could access Universities.It was said he
planted a Box in a cupboard/closet.
Another Guy had his Topsite even at a Berlin University.
ct:
In december 2000 the fbi infiltrated the Release Group "Drink Or Die"(DOD) and 60 persons were arrested.How did the scene react on this?
Predator:
We are used to such FBI actions.In the same year some members of "Razor1911" were also arrested.We were surprised though that the Federal Agency apparently for the first
time has encountered the existence of the Scenes internal DB "CheckPoint".To see that Sceners are convicted to big sentences time after time hurts badly.
Instead of givin "Eriflleh" the leader of DOD 36 month or the Cracker BUJ alias Sabuj Pattanayek in the USA 41 Months, they should better imprison the true copiers.
Traders,which sell Windows copies in Chinatowns of evry bigger american city for a few dollars, damage the industry far more than the scene.
Infocenter Checkpoint
---------------------
ct:
What functions does the till now secret kept Checkpoint have?
Predator:
Checkpoint 2.0 automatically searches all big Topsites for new releases and puts them in its own Archive.This Archive functions for us as a Noting and Searchsystem,
to prevent that u accidently release a allready released Software.Not part of the scene is the public available Releasedatabase "iSONEWS.com".
ct:
How do members of the groups interact with eachother?
Predator:
Some sceners run a passwordprotected IRC-Server.On which all dialogues are crypted- only the Server Admin can see it in cleartext.
Thats why many official Chans of Topsites are on those.
A few Sceners [maybe he ment oldschool sceners] even have access to to discussionsboards.These are available for a certain grp of peeps through a
webinterface, because also pics of sceners are saved there.Sometimes you see each others on Meetings.
ct:
How does the scene recruit new members? Maybe over the Email-Adresses, which are in the .nfo files?
Predator:
An uncountable amount of Emails are sent to those adresses.
The groups only respond to offers of secure and fast FTP-SPACE and to serious "Applications".
Only a few peeps come into the scene via this way.
Outsiders normally arent aware, what privation they have to take.Guys familiar to sceners though, know how much money,Time and mostly work is
involved in the seemingly easy hobby.
ct:
For why System / Platform do the groups release the most Games?
Predator:
The PC is favorized by all groups.AlThough the scene counts numerous grps, which only releases console titles.Many consolegrps are however
fraternized to teams which only release PC-Games.Kalisto and Myth for instance are examples for that. They have released on good days 20 cracked Dreamcast Titles.
As Reaction on that Sega offered Kalisto Stocks to prevent the group from releasing more Dreamcast titles.
ct:
wouldnt the acclaim be bigger, if anyone would be able to download ur Releases?
Predator:
We dont need that kind of respect.
I only need Respect from persons, which are on my level.Thereagainst webmasters that put Group-Releases into the net do need the publicity.
Would i have the bandwith for it i would DDoS such Websites.
ct:
the internet connections get faster and faster.Why do groups still release Rips besides ISOs?
Predator:
A CD-Image can be made by evryone.The true Art is it to rip a 4 CD big game to the size of 400mb without breaking the rules.Also some members still have dialup 56k.
ct:
Do u fear a warrant to seach ur house?
Predator:
They can come if they want to.All the data on my pc related to the scene are saved on a PGP image, which i can mount as a harddrive.
A push on a Button crypts the data or deletes is completely.
[ 27 September 2002: Message edited by: wazza ]

Bit of a bump but also a point to mention...
Alot of search warrants in Australia last for 28 days. I know the one served on me did. This means they can research your house any time or as many times as they like until that period ends.
Although this is harrasment if they find anything just once it would no longer be considered harrasment as the action has been warranted.
Another point they can be extreme wankers and say and do some stupid things, but they arent as dumb as you think they are.

Has anyone here had their mobile 'tapped'? As in - when their court date arrived the prosecution presented sms messages and voice calls as evidence? I don't use or buy dr*gs anyway so am unlikely to ever say anything incriminating on my phone - but you never know when a 'friend' might say something stupid :(
Getting a new phone is really out of the question as they are often under contract (and therefore expensive to get rid of :( )
jester
[ 04 December 2002: Message edited by: jester101 ]

my friend had his mobile tapped before he was raided. i admit, he was dealing pot. He was busted with 50g, which luckily can still be classed as purse. they also tried to make him admit that a bag of glucose in the kitchen was actually amphetimines, until one of them tasted it.
but then when they were interviewing him, they played him a tape of his phone calls, and all of his friends where on it. he even reckons i was on the tape, and people were asking for sticks and fifties. He was only 15 at the time and only had to go to drug councelling and there was no conviction.
never mention anything about drugs during your phones calls(home or mobile), because you never know who could be listening in on your conversation!

my question is
what happens if they find nothing at your house (drug wise) except for heaps of money?
like say 2000 or 3000
or soemthing like that.
what would happen then?

Then you say you were socking it away for bills.
They might not believe you, but if its the only evidence they have, the money isn't going to nail you.

just do what the head of the rebels said when they tried to confiscate his 40 or so corvettes camaros harleys etc
'my friends gave me loans'
in the end they had to return his property :)

Is it true that if they don't find anything that sometimes, to justify the time and cost of the search, they *plant* things? I can't remember where i read it - maybe it's just speculation. And what would happen in such a case?

This happened to a someone in Geelong earlier this year.
Link is here
[ 13 December 2002: Message edited by: wazza ]

A friend of mine got raided for Graffiti when he was younger and they nailed him for being in possesion of ammunition without a license. The three bullets he had were given to his now deceased grandfather as they were relics from world war 1. Keep in mind if they do not get what they are after they may get you for something else.
he also had half of his clothes taken of him for evidence as some of them had specks of paint on them. The clothing was never returned.
interesting thread!

Good to see this thread doing the rounds again :)
In answer to those asking about Bluelight giving over your information;
Found this in legal Q&A, From Jase, the founder (Of BL and PR I presume)
Cops can certainly monitor at pillreports, ie. see what you see.
There is a strict no e-mail address or personal information rule on pillreports.com.
We have never been asked to hand over any information on our users (e-mail / ip address).
So the tracking element is nonsense, its not to say it couldn't happen in the future (ie. police requesting information), but up till now it has not happened.
Admittedly he doesn't say they won't and the thread also admits that they can still get you at your server etc.
Here is the thread

- Car Raids -

Sorry i havnt read all 4 pages so i dont know if this questions has been raised yet.

Whats the do's, dont's with car raids, for example Kryal Kastle last month.

Atonement,Peace=Freedom

Atonement,Peace=Freedom
You are 1 with all.
All separation is an illusion.
What you are looking for you already are.
What you are hiding from you are too.
What a fun paradox.
For the highest good of all(especially the ants) lets really be decent and only of good nature to another....please dear 1's
for may reasons but for the main reason you are everybody else anyway so why willingly hurt a part of yourself?
In truth you are in love with yourself so your true nature is not to be of negative affect upon another part of your own self.

I AM THAT I AM

and I like to rave with lots of wonderful delights of life.It's soo nice,we are reawakening that heaven is here right now.:D
Peace be with you extra,O starlights!

You are always good,safe,secure and at peace,whatever anything says. So anyone who says different you can tell of your pure heart.
Enjoy:D

Police searching a car without a warrant is just like searching a person, they need to have 'reasonable suspiscion' that the law is being broken. Im not 100% sure on what happened on the way to kryal, but if they set up an RBT and they catch people out for drink driving thats enuff to warrant a search. But even if they dont bust you for that, they will always find some reason to search you if they want to - it could be argued that a car full of people dressed in phat pants and kandi heading in the direction of a 'rave party' is enuff to establish reasonable suspicion, but of course then people will argue the same logic implies that they could stop someone in the street and search them for having dredlocks coz people with dreds often smoke pot...

at the end of the day it doesnt matter tho, if they search your car and they find something, theyll make something up for the record if they have to, their notebook might end up saying you swore tat them and gave them attitude, and even if you didnt, you cant argue with a police record in court unless you have a VERY good lawyer.

The only thing to make sure of, any time a policeman wants to search you, ask them WHY they want to search you, and if they cant come up with a reasonable explanation then you dont have to submit to a search. but then again, they might arest you for not cooperating with police...

the best bet is just to stay out of their way :p

I remember reading somewhere on BL that if they get a warrant, it is usually very specific as to where they can search. ie. your bedroom. I was also told that the search can't go beyond where it states (i.e they can't search the kitchen if they only have a warrant for your bedroom). Is there any truth to this?

I was wondering about this..... what if they find money, scales and a few baggies but no drugs? Can they still charge you? Just curious...

^^^^
Nope.... not specific at all. It is for the address.

Ive actually heard of more than one unlucky mofo getting caught after their housemate cought the cops attention.