• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

Why? Because it is TRADITION!!!

Thanks! It's about time I make my holiday cookie gift tins, it's nice to have a brand new recipe to add! :)

I do nothing. My family is full of crackheads that never visit and basically rather smoke than visit me, and my best female friend is stuck in london or I'd be having a huge huge party with her, I never make it though... :( oh and my best male pal hates me, so yeah..... this year I am suprised I am not on the naughty list or the fcuk you list for santa.

Option 1

I would love to make cookies, drink some vodka, smoke something, snort something, swallow a few pills, get to fuck a certian man, get fucked by a certian man, give out gifts, go for a nice walk, maybe more sexersize for a few hrs, then maybe eat a little, gorge out on chocolate and candy, and then smoke some more and then take some siroquel and fall asleep with the man i freakin have it bad for.

Option 2

though in reality, it will be not as nice........ lately pessimissim is my name. All that will happen is kids will open gifts, complain they didnt get what they want, i tell them theyre ungrateful brats, i cook something cheap and not even close to a bird cause I cant afford the $34.99 instead of xmas gift for kid.

though if option 1 is a possibility.... you got my number ;) :p :D

when i was a kid my Dedo (grandpa) would be cooking the real food, my baba (grandma) the deserts, us kids would be screaming at the awesome gifts we got from under the sterotypical silver spoon mouthed higher class x-mas tree, its a wonderful life kind of x-mas thing....... sometimes i miss those days...... then i recall I didnt start smoking until 9yrs old and say fuck it LOL

my dad makes a banging dinner. then he sits in his chair, my mom goes to her couch and they watch TV. my sister and i bring our food upstairs and get stoned together. i can't decide if i like that or not anymore.

this year i broke the tradition and mentioned a family dinner to my aunt. she was all for it. so on christmas day she's going to cook some food. i actually got my other aunt, who i never see, to come and we're finally gonna smoke some pot together. it should be ok. we haven't done this in many years so i'm a bit nervous lol.

Wat is a train garden?

it's a big ass set up of a ton of model trains all going around a huge landscape that that firehouse sets up every year. they put local landmarks in it and make all kinds of awesomness. in miniature!

like this:

Train_Garden_1.jpg

i got my xie pressies already, so sucks to be everyone else.

shit, i already got me next bday pressie too and that shit aint till march. =D

My family has a Christmas Tiddly Winks Tournament on Christmas Eve. Our set is wooden and much nicer than this piece of crap. :D

tiddlywinks.jpg

We also follow the German Christmas Pickle Ornament tradition. I usually win. =D

aPickleOrn350.jpg

We also do the regular stuff like go to Church (or Mass depending on who we're with that year) at the Midnight Christmas Eve service. Open stockings on Christmas morning. We're not allowed to open any presents until after we eat breakfast (obviously this is just a residual rule that we are keen to keep up from our childhood). We take turns opening presents and dad hands them out one at a time. :) Christmas dinner is usually ham and all the fixins.

All the kids come round and we eat Xmas Dinner at about 4 in the afternoon.
They all leave by about 10 and then we flop and watch something mushy on TV.
At New Year we wait up to midnight and then we plug our mdma and roll until 6 in the morning.

to the question at hand, we pig the heck out. we eat a lot. sometimes a whole pig on a spit, even.

We also follow the German Christmas Pickle Ornament tradition. I usually win. =D

What a coincidence, my family had this tradition as well! =D
I remember going down to my grandparents house (fathers side, as he had the Christian background), and the first thing we did after walking into their house was run to the tree and find the pickle. Sadly my brother almost always won. :(

That's so funny though, I think my mom has that ornament tidied away somewhere. I remember after my grandmother passed away that was one of the things we made sure we kept.

My immediate family, minus Father, comes to my mom's house and then we go to church which has a service ending in Joy to the World and everyone is holding candles as the lights have dimmed. It was always neat as a little kid. Following that we return to my mom's and then have a nice dinner using the fine China the only time it gets used all year heh. Finally we open presents and then usually at least one of my siblings or mom is at least slightly drunk, so we part ways. Then we wake up and do the stockings and Christmas burlap sack which has a Christmas themed felt picture and each of our names on it. After that we go to both of my grandparents' houses for more presents and lunch. Then we leave and go to a movie that night.

BUMP

Been nearly a decade...new members, what's your tradition?

My tradition is to travel 750 miles to visit my people living in MY house for Christmas. I spend a week or 2 there and hang out with my people living in MY house and catch up with some old people who owe me money. Usually I drive, but this year I stole from my sibling a DUI so I can't until next year (by the way, SORRY SANTA IT WASN'T MY FAULT YOU KNOW BOUT MY EX WELL SHE BEIN A BITCH N I SNAPPED AND stole from my sibling BLACKOUT DRUNK :p). My mom has a tradition of having a Christmas Eve party with people living in MY house and people who owe me money, and my siblings and I have a tradition of getting wasted at said party and staying up all night. Last year I slipped on ice while fucked up and gave myself a scar above my eye. Two years ago I sleepwalked while wasted, knocked over a bookshelf and pissed on my pants (not in them - I took them off and peed on them while they were on the floor). My intention is to buck that tradition though (SANTA I'LL BE GOOD THIS YEAR). My mom has a tradition of giving everyone pajama pants on Christmas Eve and then we wear them when opening presents the next morning. The past few years my girlfriend has been coming to my people living in MY house's Christmas with me, it's cool because her people living in MY house never celebrated it and so not only is there no competition for me to feel like I need to spend every other year with her people living in MY house or something, but she really enjoys being able to be party of a Christmas celebration.

Oh shit I'm not a new member... I hope that didn't put me on the naughty list TheLoveSanta. 8o