• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Huffing Butane & other Gasses (Aussie Law)

W

WhatTheForK

Hello
I have heard huffing is illegal in Australia in most states, but I am wondering what drug law you get charged under as they dont seem to be in the dangerous / banned drugs or chemicals.

Is it just public intoxication if you are found huffing in public?

Does this law apply to nitrous oxide?

Thanks

lol....

i dunno, perhaps you should ask the local abboriginals in your city? they'd know what you get charged with when you get done...

i've inhaled nitrous in public - but really- no one had any clue what i was doing sucking on a giant bottle.. looked like i was having a drink...

I thought it wasn't illigal, but if the police find you doing it they can do what they please to prevent you harming yourself with it ie taking it off you.

^yeah i dont think theres any illegality in the act of huffing shit like duster and spray cans but you sure deserve a good whack over the head if you are.

Why the hell would people huff that shit when nitrous is just as easily available and far, far, far less dangerous?

I just don't get it :/

A friend of mine was caught huffing in Melbourne on a train a while back.
He wasn't arrested but instead he had to go to "youth counseling" for 6 months and talk about his addiction. I guess it's kind of the punishment to go through instead of arresting you.

^^^ If he wasn't arrested why did he have to do the "youth counselling" ?
Seems a bit strange to me....

^^^ If he wasn't arrested why did he have to do the "youth counselling" ?
Seems a bit strange to me....

Probably because he was huffing and that shit can kill you and cause brain damage. He was putting himself in danger and hopefully the counseling helped him.

i dunno, perhaps you should ask the local abboriginals in your city? they'd know what you get charged with when you get done...
Is the racism really needed?

A friend of mine was doing nitrous in the middle of Sydney a few weeks ago, cops drove past, not sure if they saw him, but they didn't do anything.

Is the racism really needed?

Sadly Its not so much racism as a fact =\

I understand that people who partake in such activities around my hoetown, generally speaking never get into trouble with the police.

I'd say its more to do with a lack of ethical policing than due to no laws existing in which to prosecute them under. But who knows?

Something for google IMHO

Crankinit my guess for why people use these shitty inhalants as opposed to nitrous is purely cost. Nitrous isn't exactly great bang for your buck, especially if you aren't on other substances and probably can't afford to buy in bulk. Using shit like butane and gas is a pretty cheap way to get fucked up I would imagine.