• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Quitting Thread aka I need a break

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plant contains two major alkaloids' THC and CBD'

Untrue. Cannabis is one the very rare psychoactive plants which do not contain any alkaloid. None. Nada.

^Yep, the psychoactive compounds in cannabis are terpenes: compounds biosynthetically derived from units of isoprene.

^ I think that's why the psychoactive elements of cannabis can't be claimed and protected by the pharmaceutical industry, and why cannabis is still illegal and harshly frowned upon by the powers that be.

edit: don't want to derive the thread BTW, sorry.

Didn't smoke yesterday, wasn't all that hard. Had it offered to me twice. Its not hard for me to say no though, because I frequently do not smoke when others are.

Not much of an appetite right now though.

^ yeah man . Good on ya.

Just think . What will I gain from that few hours of being high .

Whether you think cannabis withdrawal is serious or not, or comparable to heroin (etc.) withdrawal or not, the OP simply expressed the difficulties s/he is going through.
That is valid, and not something you or I can question.

Furthermore,
I think that some of us (including myself) can sympathize with him/her.
I have never experienced withdrawal from anything other than caffeine, sugar, and cannabis, but the cannabis withdrawal was certainly not fun. Not as bad as that described by the OP, but definitely weeks of discomfort, along with crazy dreams at night, all centered around cannabis, leaving me tired in the days. Non-stop thoughts of getting high. Flu-like symptoms. Etc. What s/he is saying is very unlikely to have been made up.

If you can't sympathize with him/her, why are you posting here?

You think someone is wasting his/her time by imagining some discomfort, and wants people to sympathize? If you don't like it, simply go away and read something else.

Ridiculous.

^ Yeah sorry, I don't go often here, just that it has nothing to do with hard drugs. When I mean hard drugs, I mean possibility of fatal overdose and horrible/possibly fatal withdrawal (think of alcohol or benzos withdrawal). Sorry if I was rude.

there's definitely a withdrawal if you've been a heavy toker for a while. i used to smoke high-grade medical all day everyday. even with tolerance, one hit was enough to get baked and cough up a lung, but i'd take in as much as i could handle, every day, hourly, for 2 1/2 years.. there was actually never a moment when i wasn't high (unless i was asleep). never a time i didn't have weed. i lit up in the car, in public, hotels, bathrooms, anywhere, everywhere... i couldn't hide that thick smoke, but who cares ;)

i went through 1/8th-1/4th oz of medical mj every 3-5 days. if i had to stretch my supply more than 5 days, i started to get anxious & restless. even tho i was still high, i wasn't high enough to feel totally at ease

then i couldn't afford it for a month. that month was ridiculous. i couldn't socialize, feel good about anything, enjoy food, sex, sleep for days, or drive without feeling edgy. being baked made (makes) everything easier for me.. now i just felt like shit all day

it took 3 weeks to feel kind of baseline again. before that, i'd get these weird residual highs throughout the day.. like i was high just thinking about being high. i could taste and smell weed that wasn't there, and my mind would go blank for a minute

i'd take weed withdrawal over all the other withdrawals i've gone through - booze, benzos, z drugs, SSRIs, clonidine, crack, meth/amps, mdma, tramadol, morphine, anti-psychotics, etc.. but i don't have even close to 35 years of mj use behind me (yet). i can only imagine how crazy it'd be to not be high all the sudden after that long 8o

now i haven't smoked in almost 4 months. fuck, i miss LA

good luck dude. you'll make it

Anyone who compares weed w/d to heroin WD...lolol.

Try abusing heroin for 35 years then see how comparable the WDs are.

^This. I would rather smoke marijuana constantly for 35 years than shot 6 or 7 bags in my arm for 35 years and then stop abruptly. Besides that the only other question I have is if you've been smoking daily for 35 years why quit now?

If you smoke copious amounts of synthetic CB1 agonists like JWH-018 24/7 for months, you'll go through withdrawal just like the OP described. I couldn't make it past 3 days before I gave up on quitting cold turkey due to the cold sweats and pain (unlike the OP I felt lots of physical pain during withdrawal) at work. I had to taper down a lot and combine with cannabis and CP 55940 slowly over time to be able to handle 3 days of being cannabinoid free.

Still doing fine... maybe a little crabby today. Was able to eat though.

^Synthetics are a different story.

Your good with chemistry right? Arent they possibly toxic as well?

i dont know if I would smoke jwh 24/7 for months, thats guinea piggin yourself pretty good.

Withdrawal symptoms would have the least to do with toxicity out of anything. The signs of toxicity would be apparent while on the drug, not when withdrawling and reducing tolerance.

The same withdrawal symptoms seem to be present no matter what CB1 agonist someone has been using at high chronic doses.

I dunno if the OP has been through heroin withdrawal...but I think he/she forgot what it's really like. IMO theres no way any amt of marijuana use can even touch opiate withdrawal. Loosing a few hours of sleep and cold sweating would be the LEAST of your worries.

I'm sorry, but having gone through benzo and opiate withdrawals, this just seems silly. I have experienced some w/d symptoms after weeks of heavy jwh-018 use, but there is absolutely no use in comparing them to any benzo or opiate withdrawal. Even the heaviest use of cannabis and cannabinoids would pale in comparison with the most minor effects of even, hell, a light pod habit.

I'm surprised the diazepam didn't alleviate the OP's symptoms.

^Who cares man?

The dude is distressed, and that's the only issue here. What kind of asshole goes around telling distressed people that they're silly for feeling the way they do because there are other people out there who feel even more distressed?

It pisses me off so goddamn much that every time someone posts a thread about cannabis withdrawal, a bunch of people come along spouting verbal diarrhea about how cannabis withdrawal isn't as bad as benzo withdrawal or opiate withdrawal.

No shit, bro-- of course its not as bad as benzo or opiate withdrawal, I've done those both and they're excessively intolerable beyond what any human being should EVER have to experience-- that's not even relative to the OP's problem at all though. That's a whole 'nother issue entirely that has nothing to do with the OP. The OP is reporting that his body is not functioning correctly when he doesn't consume cannabinoids, that is a completely valid concern and it deserves a compassionate response.

Furthermore, its pompous to make an assertion like "even the heaviest use of cannabis and cannabinoids would pale in comparison with the most minor effects of even, hell, a light pod habit" when the OP is reporting that his symptoms make him as subjectively uncomfortable as mild opiate withdrawal would make him feel. That is no different than telling the OP he is lying, and his feelings of distress are invalid. That's bullshit man, if the guys doesn't feel well then that should be all that matters in this discussion.

35 years of constant cannabis use is certainly capable of producing painful and uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms. The number of physiological processes regulated through the endocannabinoid system is staggering; when a person consumes exogenous cannabinoids for an extended period of time, it will cause them to cease production of endogenous cannabinoids-- thus when the user stops consuming cannabis, many important physiological processes cannot be properly regulated. Its just basic physiology and common sense: cannabis can be physically addictive just like any other substance that substitutes for endogenous compounds.

Additionally, cannabis use down-regulates CB1 receptors which subsequently causes your endogenous cannabinoids to be less effective (they are much weaker agonists than the cannabinoids present in cannabis).

Day 4, yesterday was the worst. Today is not all that much better. I'm more agitated then anything. Also I had problems at the gym with my finicial aid (I am a Social Worker so I do not make much at all) so I couldn't lift today. Ended up having to do some body weight shit. Gotta cut my beer intake back though, I let myself get pretty buzzed from Friday to Sunday.

Anyways, going to go crack open a brew and try to eat dinner. I have been supplementing with big cal protein shakes and am still getting in my three meals a day.

Last edited:
Guys I fucked up .

After returning back to school after spring break my bordem cravings set In and cannabis got the better of me after not touching it for around 9 days !

I finally found out why I smoked weed . It's not because I'm addicted or that I hate my life so I try and escape ..... It's simply because I'm bored as fuck ,

at my school we have a 20min break between each period and I simply can't stand just standing around like most others waiting for the next class. Instead I go out to smoke to combat the bordem...

Anyone got any ideas on how to stop these bordem marijuana cravings ????!!!

Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.