Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

7th edition The Australian Drug Guide by Dr jonathan Upfal

dawndoctor

Bluelighter
Hey guy

just saw 7th edition The Australian Drug Guide by Dr jonathan Upfal in a book shop and was wondering if its was worth the $44 for it? i have a much older edition in which many thigs were out dated,
Have any off you got it/read it, and did you find it usefull and good to have on hand? Any suggestions off other books that are good to have on hand for answering questions or research that are in a bit more depth about drugs would also be appreciated. thanks

I'd be pretty interested in this too - I'm sure there are BLers out there who read this sort of literature.

great book to have, is worth a lot more than $44. Another great book to have in your collection, if it's your kind of thing is dmt: the spirit molecule. Full in depth understanding on said drug and the relationship of many popular psychedelics in general. I picked it up for about $25 a few months ago.

wow... yeah i love it when i come across it, that would be great to have. do you find your books in normal big bookshops or hunt around for them? im not really a fan off internet shoping..

i got the aus drug guide just from a local big chain store in the very small health section.

cheers, keep the replies comming.

i live in the melbourne area, so i've got a few good book stores in fitzroy that generally have this kind of literature. If not, i've found that even though they don't stock it, the chain stores can normally order anything in for you. I haven't had much of a chance to read the one you're asking about, just a quick flick through a mates copy and it does seem to be a handy book. Another bluelighter has mentioned to me on more than one occasion that i should get a copy of it, worth it's weight in gold.

i find myself flipping through the book all the time - tis great for a quick reference guide and gives good high level coverage. Im not one for purchasing hard copy books but this one was an exception.

I think I have to give a plug here for Polyester Books in Melbourne. They have a good range and I believe they had a stall at EGA, if not this year then the one before.

If anyone can provide a link for a HARDBACK copy of this book from an online reseller in AU then I would greatly appreciate it :) did a bit of a search and couldn't turn up much

I think I have to give a plug here for Polyester Books in Melbourne. They have a good range and I believe they had a stall at EGA, if not this year then the one before.

I can vouch for polyester books too. They have a pretty crazy and eclectic range. I got my pihkal and tihkal from them a few years back after they were recommended by another bluelighter.

Yeah i was very dissapointed to miss the EGA but time and circumstance just didn;t let me in the end. i'm assuming that it would have had lots off interesting books on a whole range off subjects.
all other books i have come from second hand book shops near univercities that end up with all the old chemistry and substance books in them. most are a good read but mostlt for laughs because a lot off the content is obviously highly untrue as a user, and would be laughed at in the science world now.
am i able to buy pihkal and tihkal by getting a book shop to order it for me, or does it have to be online?

Damnit I walked past this place a couple of days ago when I was going to a tattoo place! I'll have to check it out next time I'm in the area.

Just make sure before you buy you compare prices with other sources such as online suppliers etc.

I'd generally prefer to pay a little more to buy from a shop than getting it online, unless there's a big price difference I'll generally only buy online if something is difficult to buy in stores.