• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Low Dose Daily AMT as an Anti-Depressant - Safe?

Just because it looks like no one addressed that question, I assume he was abbreviating N-Acetyl Cysteine, which primarily benefits heavy smokers and drinkers, and can be your liver's greatest ally ;)

In fact, I think there are some "hangover pills" being sold today that are basically just overpriced NAC in a cap...

-

And as for daily use of threshold entheo/entacto's, I've been keeping a steady routine of MDAI intake ~2-3 doses a day ~4 days a week for nearly 2 months now and haven't noticed any decrease in effectiveness.

Perhaps AMT would follow a similar course?

Makes me wonder about all these reports you hear from people "if you take serotonin-releasing compounds frequently, you will gradually dilute your native 5HT receptor density, experience an increase in depression symptoms, etc etc".

Hasn't been remotely the case for me.

Perhaps one cannot rationally apply this rule of thumb to all serotonin releasing compounds?

Each different 5HT-releasing drug will affect a different spread of neurological regions. Is it not possible there exists a compound (AMT? MDAI? MDMAI? etc.) which binds to just the right nuclei ripe with, say, Glial cells that are complex enough to modulate the health/functionality of the Reward System neurons, such that they may safely endure a permanent state of empathogenic toxicosis =D

Although my personal experience with frequent use of MDAI has so far been favorable, I also take daily doses of Bacopa Monnieri and Rhodiola Rosea extract, which are both known to affect a great deal of elements in a person's 5HT system, including but not limited to cell density.

DMT, also, has a fair pile of data suggesting it changes one's native 5HT system dramatically over time, and this is good era for anyone really interested in becoming a regular DMT voyager to have that chance without much difficulty (myself included ;) ).

What a veritable cauldron of competing (stewing?) cognitive alterations some of our brains are, eh?
Did you get tolerance to the appetite supression effects?

i everyone,i saw this thread that remembered me the idea i had 3 years ago, and i want to share my experience, since it may be useful for somebody.
so, i've tried amt as an antidepressant some time ago, but i stopped. i also don't reccomend it to anyone. i was also taking daily 5htp. the dose of amt was 2mg daily. the total time was 6 months

doesnt works great with social anxiety and anxiety in general, but about the mood,yes, it can get you more happy, at least in the short period.
after 3 months i got hppd(which lasted two months after stopping) and paranoia
other troubles were:
i guess, but i'm not sure, lowered arterial pression, since i remember that smoking weed and hashish, specially with bongs and chilums caused fainting.and amplified amt effects like paranoia anxiety and visual stuff
appetite suppression (if you deal with stimulants you now how is like. not really strong, if you need to eat you will feel it, just you can control your hunger a lot more)
neck and back pain (very annoying)
gatric discomfort (very strong and annoying)
you will feel light headed, hard to keep concentration, feeling stupid, fog in the head
occasional dyspnea (feeling like you can't breath! its very scary! but a lot anxiety related)
sleep problems (nightmares ranging from weird to scary and psychologically disturbing dont understimate this thing,and also waking up tired like if you didn't slept at all)
memory recall was impaired (i had to keep an agenda to remember things. i never did something like that in my life, and after i stopped amt, i stopped using the agenda. often, at the end of the day, i was trying to write down the events that happened the same day. usually i needed 2 hours to write down the most important. you just feel fog in the head!the recall issue applies even to words.)

hppd and paranoia went away in about 2 months after discontinuing, the other physical troubles got away in 3 days to one week after stopping.

also, i made blood analisys for my health after the first 2 months i started and after 1 year i stopped, well, they were both perfect, liver ok kidneys ok, perfect health

so it doesnt seems really toxic at least physically. during the period i used amt i became extremely hypochondriac, i thought amt was destroyng my kidneys.
the problem was this substance raised my anxiety and the paranoia(i think its because it is a stimulant, it cant calm you down), side effects are a lot, and you only get mood lifting and stimulation as wanted effects

the first period (1st month) was ok: happy and willing to do things. the good effects are almost instant, the same day you start with amt you will feel those, especially if you already have experience with the drug.
then it devolps paranoia, and you start to see things moving at the edge of eye sight. if you stare something it will morph and move and change. also you start to have some kind of physical discomfort and muscular pains(my hypochondria made me think i had fibromyalgia)and than you get even more paranoid, you fell like your head going somewhere else , can't keep concentrated, other may feel you absent or strange, weird in behavior. you start thinking weird.

no problems with sexual arousal, pupils were normal. stopping the drug is not really hard. only the first two days maybe you will feel strange, 5htp and phenylalanine helps

so,one of my problems was anxiety, and amt didn't work for it, but maybe, for someone who has the apathy-type depression, with no anxiety and paranoia, maybe its ok, but i still just don't reccomend it for the side effects,

hope its useful and i'm sorry if my english isnt perfect, its not my mother language

Thanks Nevada :)

so,one of my problems was anxiety, and amt didn't work for it, but maybe, for someone who has the apathy-type depression, with no anxiety and paranoia, maybe its ok, but i still just don't reccomend it for the side effects

Ya, I actually stopped about a week after my last post in this thread; same reasons. It increased my already strong anxiety. Social anxiety was my main problem and AMT certainly did it no favours at all.

If someone has anxiety-less depression I could see AMT maybe working but for someone with any anxiety it will just make it worse.

5 mg pills of amt under the name, Monase, were once prescribed as an antidepressant in the former Soviet Union.

Don't overdose, tho; you won't live to see the next day.

5 mg pills of amt under the name, Monase, were once prescribed as an antidepressant in the former Soviet Union.

Incorrect. In the western world AET was prescribed under the trade name Monase.

In the Soviet Union AMT was prescribed under the trade name Indopan in 5mg tablets.

Oh, sorry, my bad. Thus my preceding post should have read:

Five milligram pills of alpha-methyltryptamine were once prescribed as an antidepressant in the former Soviet Union.

Don't overdose, tho; you won't live to see the next day.

They do daily doses of AMT in Glasgow Central Station with a novel ROA:-

DSC00237.jpg