• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Shal - you will be missed

R.I.P Shal - Didnt know you personally but often read your posts.

W.T.F!!!!

Im rather surprised to hear this, a friend of mine saw him not so long ago and it seemed like he was getting his life back on track.

I hope he finds peace and happiness where ever he's gone

:( it seems like only a few weeks back he was back in AusDD linking to his blog :( Death's always sad but the death of someone young is tragic.

R.I.P.

If it weren't for Shal's wry-smiley-infused posts circa 2003 about permanently losing the magic of MDMA, I might have gone on to use this drug far more heavily than I did. That was my only experience of him, and the only association I have with him, but it was a powerful one. Thank you Shal, and rest in peace.

Wow. Awful news. My heart aches for those closer to him than I. We use to chat on the regular in a very open, positive manner. I would dare to say we were friends. I will miss him. :( :( The world lost a very good soul this past week. <3 <3

This is seriously sad & shocking.

I was thinkin' about Shal
on Friday,
wondering where he was livin',
wanting to catch up with him.

I'd only met him once.

Damn he was the nicest guy.

God damn.

MANY, MANY, MANY CONDOLENCES
TO HIS FAMILY &
ANYONE THAT WAS CLOSE TOP HIM.

:(

I didn't know Shal,but my heart and thoughts go out to all his family and friends in this tough time :( :(

same as most of the other 'Mericans... I didn't know him or anything about him actually. but it's always a sad day when BL loses a member. RIP buddy.

i remember when he was posting regularly - he seemed like a kind and happy character. i always pictured him as really smiley. RIP shals :(

I have details of the funeral... dont really know what to do with them.. I dont think they should be put up here, but please let me know if anyone thinks that maybe they should.

RIP Josh, you asked me some strange questions sometimes, but you always made me laugh.

wowsers, he sounded like he was back on track :|

rip dude

I for one am going to miss Shal's positivity and massive heart. He was always so willing to share a smile and it was never too much effort for him to help someone in need.

I went looking through the archives and came up with some of his earlier contributions to the site that show what a great character he was.

How to be happy & positive in life - Tell us what YOU do!
Forever a friend

I hope everyone is holding his family in their thoughts. If anyone needs someone to talk to about this, please don't hesitate to PM me. <3

shal 25-08-2004, 09:37

:(
Wow, really not something you'd want to be right about!

This is very sad to hear, I remember Shal quite well from when I used to post here more often a few years ago. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

wow.

Wow... this news has totally floored me. Rest in peace shal.
I am an ex-bluelighter who has not been on BL for 5 years.
for reasons i would prefer not to go into, i would prefer to remain anonymous
josh, a.k.a shal and myself were good friends when we both lived in sydney
when we parted ways, he was having some significant troubles, but i always felt that he was the type to come out of it okay. intelligent and lovely chap indeed.
i was hoping one of you might be able to please let me know how he died and any other details that might be relevant to me, an old friend of his that definitely cared for him and was definitely cared by him. either on this thread or by PM, whichever works.
Cheers.
ex-BLer.