• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

⫸STICKY⫷ Australian Opiate Withdrawal Maintainance Medication Prescribers

Suboxone is available in most opiate treatment clinics in Qld and I think it's the same all over Australia. In WA phone your local alcohol and drug info service (1800 198 024) to find a prescriber.

=DJust a friendly reminder... The emotional fall out during the PAWS really needs to be addressed before u get off anything.
Gives the word PROCESS a meaning.
PLEASE all try to address underlying conditions before attempting to jump off any drug.
I struggled until my psychiatrist added low dose seroquel.
Im clean as a whistle for however long now. 2-3 weeks off methadone.
Sorry for the b!tch scratches MrIbis.

as mentioned Mediclinic in Clayton (melb) r great.

heya leftwing there is suboxone available in australia- it really depends on the treatment centre and what they choose to use. In the ACT generally speaking people are put on suboxone rather than subutex. mainly due to its lower rate of diversion due to the noloxone content.

If people are requiring an opiate blocker dose above the limit that suboxone produces than people are put across onto methadone to achieve the blocker dose affect. Suboxone is a fairly safe substance on its own, and is not suggested for use during pregnancy due to its effect on smooth muscles

sustanon- opiate maintenance therapies are prescribed to maintain rather than assit you with withdrawals per se. Synthetic opiods like methadone have a longer half life then ms contins or heroin and have a longer half life- eg 5hrs versus methadone 24+. But this also changes your tolerance to the substance which is what people do not necessarilry account into their decisions.
i would be surprised if on the amount that you discussed that you would meet the criteria for dependance. I would suggest a good detox and some ongoing psychosocial help through a counsellor :)

Last edited:
mick and flex, you guys are right. i just double checked mims and yeah it is available. im not sure why i was under the impression it wasnt available here? to be honest ive only ever heard of australian patients being put on subutex. id only heard by mouth before that suboxone wasnt available, so took it for granted:)

leftwing: i told you im on suboxone, i live in melbourne.

we've talked about it many times?

suboxone is the preffered medication because of the fact there is naloxone in it.

Watch "fighting the dragon with luck" really interesting doco.

shit youre right man. ive only ever come across subutex here in qld(on the street) and thats what i hear primarily used(on the street and in clinics, maintenance programs, etc) - suboxone has almost been unheard of in my experiences. ive probably been reading suboxone as subutex in my mind as well:\

^theres only subutex available in australia, which contain no nalaxone. plsu norspan patches which are transdermal patches

Actually its mainly suboxone they prescribe as you can't get as high off suboxone if its diverted and you IV it. Opposed to subutex.

heya leftwing there is suboxone available in australia- it really depends on the treatment centre and what they choose to use. In the ACT generally speaking people are put on suboxone rather than subutex. mainly due to its lower rate of diversion due to the noloxone content

Seconded.

Another place to go in SA is Second Storey in the CBD, you have to be under 25 but it is very easy to get on the program, the doctor there is also very nice and incredibly understanding, will up your dose without any trouble if you are not stabilised.

Actually its mainly suboxone they prescribe as you can't get as high off suboxone if its diverted and you IV it. Opposed to subutex.

Seconded.

Another place to go in SA is Second Storey in the CBD, you have to be under 25 but it is very easy to get on the program, the doctor there is also very nice and incredibly understanding, will up your dose without any trouble if you are not stabilised.

Thats totally wrong. You can IV suboxone, due to Buprenorphines affinity to the receptors it renders the naloxone almost useless.. do some study on it.. i think theres a megathread in OD on it

Thats totally wrong. You can IV suboxone, due to Buprenorphines affinity to the receptors it renders the naloxone almost useless.. do some study on it.. i think theres a megathread in OD on it

I just said you can't get AS high off it. At least that is what I have been told by the doctors that prescribe it, especially if you are shooting it/combing it with other drugs.

I'm well aware you can still get high off it and mix it with other opiates. Whether the difference is minimal or not I don't know but I have been told multiple times it is certainly less.

I just said you can't get AS high off it. At least that is what I have been told by the doctors that prescribe it, especially if you are shooting it/combing it with other drugs.

I'm well aware you can still get high off it and mix it with other opiates. Whether the difference is minimal or not I don't know but I have been told multiple times it is certainly less.

youll still get just as high off it no matter what ROA because the nalaxone is still rendered inactive. i havent seen any literature stating whether it does or not though. have you got a site?

and as i said, subutex is all ive ever heard of being prescribed to people in queensland that ive talked to and know through hearsay. it was just a mixup on my behalf.

its no secret amongst users, and anyone with half an idea, that the nalaxone does nothing to inhibit the abuse of them

hey all i've relapsed.. decided a meth binge was a good idea, did that - then found out i'd missed too many doses.. kicked off program when doin so well..

fooked.

^sorry to hear brother. hope you can pick up the pieces sooner than later. don't give up on yourself.

is there another program you can get ahold of?

you know how to get ahold of me if need be.

<3best of luck

hey all i've relapsed.. decided a meth binge was a good idea, did that - then found out i'd missed too many doses.. kicked off program when doin so well..

fooked.

Can't you simply start again? My doctor just said I needed a new script if I missed more than 3 doses, basically would just involve another session with him.

thanks.. yeah its a matter of specialty addiction drs. and there aren't many. so i have to wait it out. i've got some valium, but my old lady is holding me here.. under lock and key its doing my fuckn head in.

Shes taken control of my car, i let her mind you under contract. since i don't actually have a license, and my recent binge i had a tinsy bingle.. mums taken everything its really shitting me

Shes taken control of my car, i let her mind you under contract. since i don't actually have a license, and my recent binge i had a tinsy bingle.. mums taken everything its really shitting me

It's probably not a bad thing, at least you can get through the physical withdrawal this way with no way to cave in. Will make it a lot easier to deal with the psychological stuff once that's over.

I am particualurly interested in this argument ? Discussion about i.v use of suboxone. i work as a clinical nurse in a pharmacotherapy program. there are two things i would like to add to the debate.

1) i.v use of suboxone if you HAVE NOT had any opitates within a 24-48 hour period may result in a high, dependent on the strendth of the dose. the Beup will attach to the opiate receptors

2) if YOU HAVE taken any other opiates in the preceding 24-48 hours then you risk a massive parcipitated withdrawl as the beup knocks everything else of the receptors and the naloxone does it thing.

I have seen some bloody terrrible parcipitated withdrawls, from people being started on suboxone and not heading the warning not to use for at least the first 24 hours prior to the intial dose.

I do not in anway support people using suboxone or subutex i.v, i am coming from a harm minimisation position. This is my first post on the site, hope i have not broken any forum rules, and hope my participation is welcome

i'll post here... it seems bupe regardless of how i use it is shite. recreationally anyway..

as a heroin addict, bupe does nothing but kill cravings