Warning: Bromo Dragonfly being sold as 2CB-Fly

RavenousBlonde

Bluelight Crew
Hi guys,

Pill Reports received this warning from Energy Control in Spain regarding an RC company selling Bromo as 2CB-Fly. Since this is not an ecstasy pill, I thought it might be better suited for one of the forums here on Bluelight, but wasn't sure where it should be placed. Here's the full email I received, feel free to pass it along anywhere it may be helpful. :)

Hello,

This is Adam from Spain. I´m working for a NGO project, that does risk reduction in nightlife settings and many other things. We´re doing also Drugchecking (cualitative and cuantitative) and detected recently a BromoDragonFly, labeled as 2C-B-Fly. As it is not a pill, but a Research Chemical distributed all over the world, I ask you are interested in public our press release on your page, as it doesn´t fit on the format of your forum? Please share your thoughts and tell me what you think ;)

All the best,
Adam

Adam Zawadzki
Energy Control Andalucía
Asociación Bienestar y Desarollo (ABD)
C/ Garzón 1 bajo · 29200 Antequera
T/F +34 952 84 04 92

www.energycontrol.org
www.myspace.com/energycontrolspain
www.abd-ong.org

--- start of press release ---

English Version

As we announced a few days ago, two dead persons and several hospitalizations (one of them in Barcelona) seems to be related to a 2C-B-Fly batch distributed by Haupt-RC. Energy Control had access to one of these batches that was labeled as "B1", but we don't know if other batches from the supplier could be also contaminated or incorrectly labeled.

The tests that had been performed by Energy Control with a sample of this batch had proven that the substance is BromoDragonFly, instead of 2C-B-Fly, what represents a serious risk for the life of persons that could consume the substance without knowing this fact.

For that reason, Energy Control recommends to maximize precautions with every batch of RC's and to avoid the consumption of 2C-B-Fly, specially if it has been acquired at Haupt-RC, without previous testing.

More info:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2cb_fly/2cb_fly_death1.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/bromo_dragonfly/bromo_dragonfly.shtml

If you have any useful information or have suffered any adverse reaction from the consumption of these batch, please contact with us at [email protected]

deaths from overdoses? i knew DOB was fatal at incredibly high doses (mda-level doses, 100-150+mg, so >10x the active dose), but i'd never heard any issues from any of the other brominated hallucinogens. so bromodfly is fatal at 2cb-fly doses (10-15mg is the active dose isnt it? so 100x the active dose). i do think i remember hearing about vasoconstriction issues, but not really with 2cb... so i wonder if this is because its a brominated hallucinogen, or because its a 'dragonfly' hallucinogen?

its unfortunate that this has happened :( whats even more unfortunate is that the company mis-labeling the product is essentially sentencing these people to death. why the hell would they sell bromodfly as 2cbfly anyway? there is no reason for this, because both are no doubt sought after for what they are. fuck :(

thank you for sharing this information. somebody will need to make a thread in PD, and maybe ADD, and possibly the regional forums, but careful wording will be needed so that not even a hint will be given away that could point to the actual company doing this, so that the sourcing policy will not be violated. i will try to think of a good way to say it, unless somebody else beats me to it...

or perhaps should the mods of the relevant forums make the announcements themselves?

Last edited:
deaths from overdoses? i knew DOB was fatal at incredibly high doses (mda-level doses, 100-150+mg, so >10x the active dose), but i'd never heard any issues from any of the other brominated hallucinogens. so bromodfly is fatal at 2cb-fly doses (10-15mg is the active dose isnt it? so 100x the active dose). i do think i remember hearing about vasoconstriction issues, but not really with 2cb... so i wonder if this is because its a brominated hallucinogen, or because its a 'dragonfly' hallucinogen?

I was hoping someone else could answer this question, because I have no idea. :(

its unfortunate that this has happened :( whats even more unfortunate is that the company mis-labeling the product is essentially sentencing these people to death. why the hell would they sell bromodfly as 2cbfly anyway? there is no reason for this, because both are no doubt sought after for what they are. fuck :(

Fuck, indeed. I'm betting someone is just in it for the $$$. :(

thank you for sharing this information. somebody will need to make a thread in PD, and maybe ADD, and possibly the regional forums, but careful wording will be needed so that not even a hint will be given away that could point to the actual company doing this, so that the sourcing policy will not be violated. i will try to think of a good way to say it, unless somebody else beats me to it...

or perhaps should the mods of the relevant forums make the announcements themselves?

That's what I was thinking. I think it may need to go in each regional DD forum as well, since I'm sure there are people ordering from this supply company from around the world. The problem lies with people wanting to know the supplier. :(

Stickied in PD: Warning: Tainted Batch of 2C-B-Fly That Has Caused Deaths

its unfortunate that this has happened whats even more unfortunate is that the company mis-labeling the product is essentially sentencing these people to death. why the hell would they sell bromodfly as 2cbfly anyway? there is no reason for this, because both are no doubt sought after for what they are. fuck
This was at the lab level. The "vendor" died himself from this very drug. There are survivors in the thread above who had friends die.

^ fucking hell. i really hope the guy just grabbed the wrong bag/bottle and accidentally pushed out the wrong thing, because bromodfly would no doubt be significantly more profitable due to the miniscule doses :( that thread is waaay too tl;dr though.
from what i read in that thread though, it seems this isnt the first time something like this has happened. i guess the lesson to take home is that, even upon receiving a fresh batch of material from a vendor, you should still start with a relatively low dose just in case

re:pushing out the information, about all that could be put out regarding which company has the wrong batch is the location (spain?), but if the lab sent out the wrong thing, its possible it was sent to more than just one company, and if one of the vendors died because of this, they would probably already have a warning about it, assuming they're still shipping out anything.

also, i was unaware that this was already really old news. shows how much i pay attention to the focus forums these days :\

Only a couple of weeks. If you read the tail end of that thread there was a guy who was going to take this a couple of times but decided to take something else each time. He decided it was finally time and he looked here for some info before taking it and saw the warning.

IIRC, it is on account of vasoconstriction unique to the bromo-dragonfly agent. DOB presents some similar cardiovascular issues, but to a far lesser extent. So the issue isn't that we have a bromonated, hallucinogenic phenethylamine...and hell, it isn't really because of the 'dragonfly' structural modification (see 2cb fly).

ebola

i am arman I´m working for a NGO project, that does risk reduction in nightlife settings and many other things. We´re doing also Drugchecking (cualitative and cuantitative) and detected recently a BromoDragonFly, labeled as 2C-B-Fly. As it is not a pill, but a Research Chemical distributed all over the world, I ask you are interested in public our press release on your page, as it doesn´t fit on the format of your forum? Please share your thoughts and tell me what you think ............