• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Your favourite photos of actors & actresses

866603485b50898d7bf861bff8ee864e.jpg

bardot by who knows

more mia ...

7f6f6def2448dc955f7d517b148f95a1.jpg

by luc coiffait

by angelo pennetta

the prettiest princess in pigtails and miu miu ...

ripped from her instagram (from the html, not screen shots)

by pascal le segretain (getty)

Last edited:
^idolization is the best sin. welcome to the thread. though i can't help but to suspect you're spam.

brooke%2Bshields%2B1978%2Bby%2BROBERT%2BR%2BMCELROY%2B1.jpg

by robert r mcelroy. love those gray blue eyes

brooke+shields+1978+by+ROBERT+R+MCELROY+2.jpg

see her earrings? one's a cloud and the other is a thunderbolt. fucking adorable

brooke+shields+1978+by+ROBERT+R+MCELROY+4.jpg

thirteen, modeling her retainer

brooke+shields+1978+by+ROBERT+R+MCELROY+6.jpg

beautiful unibrow

brooke+shields+1978+by+ROBERT+R+MCELROY+9.jpg

chicken pox scars

was checking out top 10 lists of the world's most expensive photos. "Spiritual America," a print of richard prince's appropriated photo of gary gross's photo of 10-year-old baby brook, is ranked 2nd or 3rd at $3.97 million usd in a 2014 christie's auction. same photo scottland yard made the tate remove before opening an exhibit, under threat of obscenity charges.

in 1990, a county prosecutor indicted the then director of the cincinnati contemporary arts center on obscenity charges for mapplethorpe photos. the museum left the photos up and beat the charges in court. dennis barrie is the director's name. what a hero. a couple years ago the cac hung a few of them again -- along with works from other artists that have faced criticism and censorship -- in a exhibit on the concept of obscenity. only time i've seen a sally mann print in person. place is cincinnati's gem.

Last edited:
why isn't this in the stupid fashion thread.

i subscribed to playboy last year because it was finally time to put my money where my mouth is. i love it. i regret nothing. there are many many american publications out there, and so many of them are great for their own reasons, but i've chosen my side. Playboy is the greatest American publication and is the most important thing to come out of Chicago besides Enrico Fermi and Phillip K. Dick.

anyway Ezra Miller posed NOT NAKED but in frilly shit for Playboy for the 65th anniversary issue. One of the photos was my phone background for a WHOLE MONTH which is a big deal for me -- I usually change it once a week.

Ezra-Miller_%2807A%29.jpg
Ezra-Miller_%2807B%29.jpg

now what are you gonna buy at airports?

medium format contact sheet of brigitte in st. tropez, by philippe halsman, 1955

"safety film" means you can't use it to burn up nazis in a theater.

now what are you gonna buy at airports?
Granta, assuming the airport is classy enough.

not an actor, or an actress, but cinematic enough for these purposes.

Kate Bush. photo taken I think by her older brother. Little, Brown is supposed to publish a photo book of all his photos of Kate but unsure if that ever happened.

ab8eae1a4dbf975a25c6dfb37ff7547b.jpg

ellebychloerosey21st2.jpg

by chloe rosey on portra 400. what a risk for such a moment.

i've been making an effort to be bolder with shutter speed as of late. an effort to be bolder with all technical aspects. instead of finding something that works and leaning on it. i scared myself away from low shutter speeds with my first roll. recovering has taken too long. also street and the risk of getting stuck on a roll has scared me away from low speed film and open apertures. when i first started, i shot everything wide open. i didn't know what aperture was. so i thought, "man, if i use f1.8 i can photograph anything at 1/60 or above and never fuck a shot." my shots depended on meticulous focus and i thought that's just the way photography was. since, i've found bland comfort in tight apertures. i never focus. often don't look through my viewfinder because i don't shoot above 50mm and know the wide focal lengths by brail, which is dumb. don't even know if my lenses and rangefinders are accurate. who cares? stop down and shoot. that's restrictive too if you let it become a crutch.

Last edited:
53243918_1922098727899178_4357432706923435217_n.jpg

james king by davide sorrenti for Dune Magazine, 1996

55900009_2120874751367343_5307851901846691406_n.jpg

by rose hartman on her 21st birthday, 2000

it's a crop of this photo ...
NSFW:
gettyimages-507802467-1024x1024.jpg

which i cannot find without watermarks

Audrey%2BHepburn.%2BNew%2BYork%2B1954%2BDennis%2BStock.jpg

audrey hepburn by dennis stock during the filming of Sabrina, 1954

Last edited:
I have learned so many things, Father. Not just how to make vichyssoise or calf's head with sauce vinaigrette, but a much more important recipe. I have learned how to live, how to be in the world and of the world, and not just to stand aside and watch. And I will never, never again run away from life, or from love, either.

I'm gonna say it.. I don't think Marilyn Monroe is that good looking

latest

Evan Peters.

tumblr_m7st33GbIX1qic7v0.gif

Adrien Brody

globe-photo-agency-1-candid-1970s-jack-nicholson-800x800.jpg

Jack Nicholson

tumblr_p31cr0T1Sr1tf9m4yo1_500.png

Lily Collins

and the most fav actor?

ME

shady

thanks for sharing some goodies, Shady.

pete, you edgy fuck.

she still posts her analog photos to instagram from time to time. she scans the print -- come on, elle; play in the digital darkroom -- but it's dope she's printing! silver gelatin in her school lab.