• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Rilmazafone & Avizafone

RedLeader

Bluelight Crew
Just read up on rilmazafone and avizafone, being prodrugs of the benzodiazopine variety. At first, it was in attempt to make a complete list of water-soluable (i.e. injectable) benzos, and through such I came across these.

Seeing as they are metabolized into active benzos once in the body, but don't cause any direct effect on benzo receptors (from Wiki on the former):

Rilmazafone has no effects on benzodiazepine receptors itself, but once inside the body is metabolised by aminopeptidase enzymes in the small intestine to form the active benzodiazepine 8-chloro-6-(2-chlorophenyl)-N,N-dimethyl-4H-1,2,4-triazolo [1,5-a] [1,4]benzodiazepine-2-carboxamide.
Source

I wonder how this would affect physical addiction. I cannot really seem to find any literature on this - how a benzodiazopine prodrug would contrast with more typical benzos when it comes to a tolerance and withdrawal symptoms. It's mainly curiosity, but has anybody ever looked into these drugs before, or prodrugs of the benzo variety in research? Or sampled?

I understand that fosazepam was engineered to be a (good) water-soluble derivative of diazepam, but why the need for a pro-diazepam as well? If it has nothing to do with dependency, why would such be administered as compared to alternatives?

Last edited:
I wonder how this would affect physical addiction. I cannot really seem to find any literature on this - how a benzodiazopine prodrug would contrast with more typical benzos when it comes to a tolerance and withdrawal symptoms.

I would think that there are no major differences with regard to physical addiction. IIRC, the open-ring prodrug was developed mainly to overcome solubility problems of the classical closed-ring benzos.

After enzymatic ring closure (which happens quite early after uptake; partly in the intestines, partly in the liver) those compounds can be considered like the regular benzos.

- Murphy

does anyone know what the metabolites are for the Active metabolite of Rilmazafone???
as in, if taken, would you come up positive on 1) A dipstick benzo drug test, and 2) a gc/ms benzo drug test ...... meaning looking for all regular benzo metabolites I.E. diazepam, nordiaz, oxazepam, temazepam, clonazepam metabolites, etc....

any info would be appreciated. And yes, I've searched myself looking for info on this, and haven't been able to come to any definitive conclusions.

Also, the active metabolite of Rilmazafone is: 8-chloro-6-(2-chlorophenyl)-N,N-dimethyl-4H-1,2,4-triazolo [1,5-a][1,4]benzodiazepine-2-carboxamide.
As far as i know, it doesn't have a generic or shorter name.... please correct me if im wrong. But, as i hypothesize, I AM inclined to believe that this WOULD trip a benzo drug test seeing as it has as its skeleton, just like many of the popular mainstream benzo's, the 1,4-Benzodiazepine structure.

And again, please correct me if i am wrong in any of my assumptions or information. I am going on the best of my knowledge and gathered information. Thanks!

The desglycylated cyclic metabolite (8-chloro-6-(2-chlorophenyl)-N,N-dimethyl-4H-1,2,4-triazolo [1,5-a][1,4]benzodiazepine-2-carboxamide) is usually called M1. As far as I know no one has bothered to assign an INN (generic name) because it isn't an existing drug or an article of commerce. GC/MS could certainly be used to identify M1 and distinguish it from other benzodiazepines.

In terms of the metabolites of M1, here is what is known:

M4 - major metabolite in plasma and urine = 8-chloro-6-(2-chlorophenyl)-4H-1,2,4-triazolo [1,5-a][1,4]benzodiazepine-2-carboxylic acid
M3 - N,N-didesmethyl-M1 = 8-chloro-6-(o-chlorophenyl)-4H-1,2,4-triazolo-[1,5-a] [1,4] benzodiazepine-2-carboxamide
M2 - N-desmethyl-M1 = 8-chloro-6-(o-chlorophenyl)-N-methyl-4H-1,2,4-triazolo[1,5-a] [1,4] benzodiazepine-2-carboxamide
MA - 8-chloro-6-(o-chlorophenyl)-N-hydroxymethyl-4H-1,2,4-triazolo [1,5-a] [1,4]benzodiazepine-2-carboxamide
MD - 8-chloro-6-(o-chlorophenyl)-N-hydroxymethyl-N-methyl-4H-1,2,4-triazolo [1,5-a] [1,4]benzodiazepine-2-carboxamide

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3428781
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bdd.2510140402/pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3454653
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2886322

I'm very Interested in Rilmazafone... anyone have any first hand reports ?
I wonder how this compares to most other benzos... seems like this one would be easy to import anywhere because it's not actually scheduled anywhere and not active until you injest it.
I've read a few reddit reports buy has no one on bluelight got any experience with this one????

I have a small amount of rilmazafone on the way to me, will report back.
Please do ...this is available from a trusted vendor for cheap in bulk...just not sure if it's worth it.
I only am interested in it's potential sleep inducing effects to counter severe insomnia.

The imidazo sub-class of benzodiazepines & pyrazolo analogues are all capable of producing water-soluble addition salts.

It's interesting that alprazolam ring-opens to it's parent benzophenone in acidic conditions. I wonder HOW acidic it has to be and would it work similarly for something like flualprazolam.

After all, the benzophenone is inactive - one would need to increase the pH using external measures to produce something psychoactive.

had some doses of rilmafazone now. its not bad, since my brain injury i cant make proper comparisons. but it should feel somewhat like xanax. its ok as a sleep aid thats for sure.

In Japan, rilmazafone is considered the weakest benzodiazepine sleep medication (´・ω・`)
Until some years ago, it seemed that elderly people were taking this medicine.
I was once on rilmazafone but could not sleep (>_<)

Because the body has to hydrolize the aminoacetic acid.

If someone could remove that group, the compound would be much faster acting although I cannot comment on the potency of the active. What I find amazing is that mephenazpam has never turned up. It's legal & can be made from phenazepam in 1 step & 99% yield. Mephenazpeam is almost identical to diclazepam - the most potent benzo I know of.

Now as far as I know, the above has never been made and as such is uncontrolled. We DID produce a5 gram sample but I did not sample it. We wished to compare it to diclazepam and the consensus was that the two were nigh on identical. Of course, the N-methylation of the amide using trimethyl phenyl ammonium bromide was only introduced in 2021 so we had to start with the appropriate benzophenone (lots of work).

What surprises me is that seemingly nobody has tried diclazepam. It's duration and that of it's active metabolites is over a week i.e. if you dose once a week, the level in your body will slowly increase. It was convenient (2mg BID was more potent than 30mg diazepam TID) and it had potent muscle relaxant properties... I mean people felt 'bendy' after just 1 x 2mg tablet.

I'm very Interested in Rilmazafone... anyone have any first hand reports ?
I wonder how this compares to most other benzos... seems like this one would be easy to import anywhere because it's not actually scheduled anywhere and not active until you injest it.
I've read a few reddit reports buy has no one on bluelight got any experience with this one????
I find it to be perfect for my goals. Which do not include getting f-d up or nodding out. I have used it for about a month and a half. Mostly nightly (5mg), occasionally I'd do 2mg during day.

I recently started taking every other day off and have no real issues. Little harder to sleep, but nothing too bad. I still get to sleep.

I find that it kills a lot of anxiety but not in a very noticable way. You feel it, but it's not euphoric and amazing like other benzos. Makes me a little more talkative or sleepy, depending which is closer lol.

But ya, mild as hell. I took 8-10mg the first night I got it and it made me have the best heavy sleepiness I've ever had. Heavy isn't even the right word, because it wasn't heavy feeling in the body. Pretty light feeling for how deeply sleepy I was.

But then I also noticed I could snap into full coherency and say intelligent things directly in response to others, and then with a little quietness I'd go back to sleepiness land. Could go back and forth between talky and sleepy, for an hour or so before going to bed.

I only notice the mental effects of <5mg. 5 I barely feel anything in the body, but it is noticable and nice. It's just not a party feel good escape life drug. Which is why I find it so great.

Oh!! And it doesn't eat memories, for them never to be seen again. 😆 At least not for me

Last edited:
How was it?

Actually quite nice. I’d say a little better than alprazolam.

What surprises me is that seemingly nobody has tried diclazepam.

I had 2mg of it once. In my experience it was equipotent to clonazepam or lorazepam. For The most potent benzo I’d vote for flunitrazepam. In one list I have triazolam has the highest affinity though, never tried this one.

In my experience it was equipotent to clonazepam or lorazepam
I appreciate the feedback, though I'm a bit confused by this.
That is a big range in terms of potency.

I find it to be perfect for my goals. Which do not include getting f-d up or nodding out. I have used it for about a month and a half. Mostly nightly (5mg), occasionally I'd do 2mg during day.

I recently started taking every other day off and have no real issues. Little harder to sleep, but nothing too bad. I still get to sleep.

I find that it kills a lot of anxiety but not in a very noticable way. You feel it, but it's not euphoric and amazing like other benzos. Makes me a little more talkative or sleepy, depending which is closer lol.

But ya, mild as hell. I took 8-10mg the first night I got it and it made me have the best heavy sleepiness I've ever had. Heavy isn't even the right word, because it wasn't heavy feeling in the body. Pretty light feeling for how deeply sleepy I was.

But then I also noticed I could snap into full coherency and say intelligent things directly in response to others, and then with a little quietness I'd go back to sleepiness land. Could go back and forth between talky and sleepy, for an hour or so before going to bed.

I only notice the mental effects of <5mg. 5 I barely feel anything in the body, but it is noticable and nice. It's just not a party feel good escape life drug. Which is why I find it so great.

Oh!! And it doesn't eat memories, for them never to be seen again. 😆 At least not for me
I’m here with ya. I remember reading 3-5mg and feeling pleasant about my day without feeling sloppy , just in a good mood no consuming stress. Another 5mg and great sleep.

I've taken and been depeden on rilmazafone. You cannot black out on it and it has minimal anxiety relief

I agree there would me dependence bc once it passed through the intestines it becomes active BZO and therefore subsequent tolerance and dependence.
What I remember from reading it before was it was a very mild “cloak over concerns and worries” I had. Nothing recreational or feel good about it….just minor anxiolytic and helpful for insomnia.
My newest frustration is I have a big pile of books of Rilm, but not prepared. I’ve not had chemistry in decades so I’m trying to figure out what to do with the this big pile. I know eyeball estimates are never a good ideas at the mg level. Maybe a solid mg scale but still that like: “Here have what about 5-10 grains of sand, right?!”
Not the most pleasant way to enjoy getting into some mild reading materials, ya know.