Opinions Needed - Splitting Opiate Discussion Off From OD Into A New Forum

Would you like to see opiate discussion split off from OD and into it's own forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ An uppers/downers split would probably be more my choice than an opiate/non-opiate split if any split is splut but am persuadable :)

I tend to agree with this. But then again where would the speedballers go?

Sorry, you're right. That's drug law here in the U.S. where they are grouped together under the title of "narcotic drugs. Coke does have pain killing attributes. It just doesn't affect the opiate receptors of the brain. Thanks for heads up, 'tis why I'm here :).

what would be the best drug combo to help me cope with the stress of having to decide if an opiate/OD split would be in OD's best interest?

What drugs would help me decide the best?!

Although... i do want to say to the Mods, please don't make the decision solely based on quantity of votes as the votes are voted first, then the posts are read... I still stick with my vote choice, but there are some things that need to be resolved.

I agree - the discussion of this idea will be more valuable than the poll results by far.

However, that's why this thread is here, so people can discuss it before any changes/revisions are made.

I'm glad to hear that people understand where I'm coming from - sounds like I got my point across pretty well.

Whoever gets to split up the archive, if the change is made, have fun!!!!!!8o8o

Good point...lol I don't even think of myself as a "speedballer" but I certainly was for a good few months (I can definitely vouch I did cocaine and heroin every day for at least a month and a half straight)...lots of people would be confused/wouldn't post in the "right area" or the "right area" could be either forum.

Ya, I think you just get too many polydrug users in OD to really find a workable split. I'm voting to keep it the same.

Sorry, you're right. That's drug law here in the U.S. where they are grouped together under the title of "narcotic drugs. Coke does have pain killing attributes. It just doesn't affect the opiate receptors of the brain. Thanks for heads up, 'tis why I'm here :).

Narcotic just means sleep-inducing and coke doesn't send most foks to sleep. The US government does have some odd ways of classifying stuff. Anyone would think they knew shit all about drugs ;)

That's why I like the way things are right now - every up has a down or a wobbly thing that happens when you combine the two :D

Then again, candyflip questions tend to come to PD rather than ED so these things can work themselves out.

I wrote a whole post but it needed too much editing so I just decided to just leave the last paragraph

I say if it ain't broke don't fit it. Shit, considering heroin/opioids & pharms (benzos,, etc etc) go together just about as well as any other drugs in OD, why not split our stimulant decision instead? That idea would be much easier to implement and I imagine it would work out very favorably and keep the information in the right forum as well as making it easier for someone to UTSE in the right forum and find what they are looking for. [this split seems like it would be much more effective than splitting opioids from OD].

Last edited:
I vote NO. I mean there is a lot off goofy ass shit that gets posted here (some amusing, some stupid, some....) that isn't related to opiates (which is why I am here), BUT...it certainly makes for interesting reading/education. We have already kept the potheads and trippers shunted off to their own little areas...OTHER DRUGS covers a lot, and gets a lot of shite, but it's super useful.

No. Keep it like it is, unless there's a good reason to break it up..

For those who don't like the idea of a split, or for those who may have an answer to the question...

One of the main reasons for people wanting a split is to reduce clutter and disorganization in OD. What other things can we do to help remedy this problem?

It's probably too late now, but if the poll could have somehow been done in an expanded way, where the person would say whether s/he was an opiate user or not, it could have made things more interesting.

Yes (opiate DOC)
No (opiate DOC)
Yes (opiate not DOC)
No (opiate not DOC)

^ That is a good idea, but it is too late now. However, this thread isn't the end of the discussion, so a poll like that can be implemented later on.

Good idea. Thanks.

I voted for the seperation. Opiates obviously have enough attention to warrant their own forum sure. I think removing them from OD may redirect attention and draw in some lurkers who would otherwise be turned away by the constant opiate conversation.

How long after viewing the opiate discussion forum is it safe to take my suboxone?

Yes, some of the jokes posted in here are funny, but this is not the place for them. Leave the off-topic stuff in the Social thread. This thread is for serious discussion of splitting OD.

We will just unapprove any off-topic posts from here on out.

How long after viewing the opiate discussion forum is it safe to take my suboxone?

you'll go into precipitated wd's and die for sure... opiate discussion forum is wayyyyy to strong for your punk ass =D

Sorry, guise... had to have some fun.

Initially I was all for the split, as I'm an opiate kinda guy... After reading debate (especially C.H.'s points) I'm lost. You all have worked so hard to make OD what it is and as a lurker and new contributor, it's my forum of choice. I'd hate to see it get fucked up or see key contributors lose interest. I have yet to vote. Will not hold contempt prior to some more investigation.

The more I think about it, my input on the matter (or any other noob) should not be too influential. Personally, I look for and rely on veteran contributors (we all know who they are), bluelight crew, and staff for my answers. Not to disregard anyone's contributions at all, don't get me wrong, but the same people I am talking about should be the people that have the say as to what becomes of OD, as they've developed and molded it thus far.

^ Everyone's input is influential. As I pointed out, though, this poll is not actually a vote that will decide what happens. It is just one of the first stages in a discussion that will play out over the next few weeks, both here in OD and in Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.