• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP PhreeX

damn.

rest in peace man. thank you for helping a lot of people while you were here.

I never knew him personally but ive sure read alot of his stuff. Hell i even replied to that thread he made in OD about Duragesic there a few weeks back.

RIP man.

He is one of the mods I respected and admired when I first joined BL. He gave me great advice. It's too bad he's no longer with us.

RIP

I had only spoken to him once or twice, ages ago. He helped to fuel my embryonic love of chemistry, and I'm certain that I wouldn't be where I am today without him. I'd doubt that he'd even remember me, much less our conversations, but I wish that I could have told him how much respect I had for him.

May he rest in peace, and my deepest condolences to his family and friends.

PhreeX and his second-to-none largesse with highly helpful drug-related advice was the stuff of legend by the time I joined BL. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Wow, sad indeed. :(

As Administrator a few years ago, Other Drugs was one of the forums I was responsible for. Naturally I spent quite a bit of time conversing with PhreeX (and negrogesic) and formed somewhat of a friendship with him. He was iconic to OD and I'm sure helped many people along the way who read his FAQ's. Think of the tragedies he prevented by being so forthright with his stories and detailed experiences.

RIP, dude.

Related reading, one of his previous brushes with death:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=70198

I was about to link the same thread, as soon as I got word of this just a few minutes ago. Thanks for beating me to it, BA.

Rest in peace, Dave. <3

I've got loooooooooots more to say on the subject, but I'll leave it for another day, another thread.

23.gif

i really am at a loss for words.

my condolences to the lanier family. i had been to your house many times, and you were all so nice.

i thought i had an idea about what was going on with him, but i was really wrong. i hope he has found what he was looking for, and i truly, sincerely wish him peace. he only lived a couple of towns over, still. i don't know that even i would have responded to his messages, though.

2 years ago, he sent me a lengthy apology email.

i'm relieved that i have saved it all this time.

r.i.p. david v. lanier

It was great to see him checking in again. He had a natural genius with words that always had me in stitches. I was just looking now to see if he had any new posts and it is horrible to find this instead. My condolences to his family and friends for whom he undoubtedly had much love. Best wishes and safe journey, Dave.

*comes to attention and salutes* RIP, I may not of known you, but to loose anyone in that way is tragic and deserves respect.

originally posted May 17th 2003 by DavesLilSis

hello
Wow- I know it's been a long time since I posted....time has gone by way too fast since all this has happened. I really don't know what to say at this point. For the good news....yes, he's alive, fully recovered..doing great. I couldn't be more happy. On the bad side....Dave will look you straight in the face and tell you how he is going to continue living like he has been...b/c he loves it so much. A part of me had hoped that this experience would scare him into sobriety..maybe even make him forget that part of himself that liked...or even knew of the drug world. It was just wishful thinking....i guess. I'll continue to hope for a bright future for him...living is a good start...unfortunantly it looks like he is wanting to fall back into his old ways....fast. He already plans on using his fent perscription the police left to a doctor...and getting more. There's no doubt in my head that he will get OXY pretty easy.....there's really nothing my family and I can do at this point. We'd like to thank everyone for their support.....if anyone has any amazing recovery stories they want to share with me....I know I'd love to hear them....and keep on getting support. These times are just really hard....I don't know or understand if Dave fully realizes what he's gone through...what the families gone through...part of me thought it was the drugs that made him like that...but now that he's clean....I guess a bigger part of it is really him.....thats somthing thats very hard to swallow. I feel like I dont know him anymore....better yet--I dont think I ever did. On Mothers Day I went and saw him ....and at Denny's he actually said that death probably would have been very peaceful.......this was very upsetting to hear.....I just don't know. Posting on here has been very theraputic for me.....hearing others posts has been hopefull.....Although I do feel as though I am invading on my brothers "world" ....so I think I will stop....I don't want to piss him off...he's home now...and sleeping...he'll be here to live for quite some time....I dont know if hes going to rehab or not.....if he gets to decide...its a definite NO.....we would like him to go....but he says it wont do any good. He doesnt want to change.....this is a harsh reality I'm afraid I have come to terms with.....as saddening as that it to my family and I. I told him in the hospital in a card that if he needed me I would be there...to take him anyone for help.....he gave me a hug that day....and it was the first time he had hugged me in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. I'm talking years here. I thought that was a start...but I think he was just really depressed at the time...and has changed already. He'll probably get mad at me for posting stuff like this....Im sure this isnt the Dave he wants you all to know.....so I'll stop. I just wanted to say a final thanks to you guys.....It means more than you can imagine....

his poor family... to go thru all that just to lose him 6 yrs later to the same bullshit. How selfish we are in risking our own lives.

Damn. Hope he found that perfect high, whenever i read his posts, he always seemed to be deliberately pushing his limits - one time I remember he injected a "smoke-able" amount of 5-meo-DMT. I think that was the one that put him in a coma, or maybe the one where he met God. . .

I dunno. I always admired the "no bullshit policy" he kept OD in. And I also believe he was one of the first people to push for the psychedelics discussion, and a couple of other forums too.

He's done a great service for this site and his advice is timeless. Big ups to you Dave.

I'm gonna go read some of his crazy stories from when he was smoking too much meth. They still always manage to put a smile on my smile.

Wow, so sad to hear.
Phreex was a great mod and made OD my fav place on Bluelight back in the day. I really enjoyed his posts and his type of humor.
Dave, thanks man for the few times we chatted and the advice you gave me that was very helpful. RIP brother.