• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP PhreeX

R.I.P.

The leading character of all time in Bluelight history passed away...

(probably...)

neva spoke to the guy but read alot of his shit

RIP PhreeX

enjoy whatever it is that comes next buddy

RIP. I didn't know him well but much respect. A legend in our scene. My condolences go out to his loved ones.

Whoa :( RIP Dave, and my condolences to those who were close with you.

I've read some of his posts and can't beleive another bluelighter is gone.

"fool one day u here, and then your gone"

R.I.P.

I've only had interaction with him a handful of times... it was enough to know that he was a great person deep down. I wish the best for his family, and close friends. On the bright side.. if there is one.. he will no longer suffer.

there are too many people in the shrine and for the same reason. makes me sick, not trying to blame the victim but people should know better than this I don't like hearing about people I've interacted with before dying.

wow. really devastating loss. i owe a lot of my knowledge of opiates to reading his posts here almost 10 years ago...

rest in peace, dude.

oh man, i stumbled onto his coma thread back in the day during a particularly nasty trip and it messed with me pretty hard.

tbh, my first reaction to this thread title was to check the calendar to see if it was april fools (no shit).

i didn't know him, but sad news nonetheless. :(

i gave his sister a link to this thread.
ashlie if you decide to drop by, we're here for you and the rest of the family, to give all the support we can <3 <3

lori - i talked to him for hours that night (in fact, he asked me to IM you once you blocked/ignored him). dont feel bad about not responding, because nothing anybody said could've prevented this. also, its much harder having been one of the last people to speak with him before it happened. if only concern and telling him to be careful could've made a difference :(

rico - he DID know better, thats the thing. he was a fucking genius, and really knew his shit. i wish he hadnt deleted all the FAQs he wrote from bluelight when he set up phreex.com (which was basically OtherDrugs Underground v2), because they were some of the best "how to's" i've ever seen. but it doesnt matter if it was intentional or not. he's still gone, and the people who knew and loved him are left with a huge fucking hole that can never be filled :(

I've known him for years, he was a good guy. Its too bad he lost the struggle, I know he was in alot of pain...

Here is one of his old PM's still in my box:

I have finally come to the decession that I am going to resigin from Other Drugs... BA said that he can't tollerate even me not being an ACTIVE MODERATOR, and brother, I can't come up with replies to these stupid posts... I feel that most every one of these idiot's posts should be trashed but that isn;t acceptable, and since I have been gone it seems that the forum has went soft and everyone is given "respect" and shit... sorry, I just gotta step down and give YOU the position of "OD Owner" (not that it would matter to C-22) and you get to select whatever moderators you wish, but before I go I will do whatever I can to get that guy you want made the new mod in place of naturalone ...

You're the only one to know at this point ....

People thought i wasn't going to make it due to the size of my habits. Now, i'm fine; in fact, i'm very good, very happy, no pain, no cravings. Too bad he didn't make it too....

It could have easily been me; i remember when i was injecting 3 100ug/hr duragesics in big 8ml shots. I would wake up on the bathroom, with strange patterns on my chest from rubbing myself with the syringe while in a daze. Perhaps it will catch up with me later in life (i must have all sorts of things in my lungs, etc), but for now i seem fine....

RIP Dave.....

Wow, sad indeed. :(

As Administrator a few years ago, Other Drugs was one of the forums I was responsible for. Naturally I spent quite a bit of time conversing with PhreeX (and negrogesic) and formed somewhat of a friendship with him. He was iconic to OD and I'm sure helped many people along the way who read his FAQ's. Think of the tragedies he prevented by being so forthright with his stories and detailed experiences.

RIP, dude.

Related reading, one of his previous brushes with death:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=70198

Last edited:
Seriously a great loss.. I've read almost all of his posts in recent months (or atleast those i can find) and he was a great brilliant mind. He will be missed among everyone. My heart goes out to his friends and family.

R I P Dave <3

Aaron, thank you for the heads up.

Phreex.. For a while, I was proud to call him friend.

He always impressed me with his encyclopedic knowledge and willingness to call anyone out if they were wrong, (or even wrong in his eyes.) He was an asshole, but he respected knowledge and experience in others.

He got into trouble, and he had been in tight situations from time to time, but his quick wit and sense of personal invincibility always saw him through in the end. I honestly thought he'd outlast us all.

I salute you, Dave. I think no matter what we say here, he would say he lived life to its fullest. Go in peace and godspeed.