• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP PhreeX

Wow. I haven't logged in for several years... and my heart dropped a bit just now. RIP David

i know this sound a little harsh..phreex was a great dude..one of the best on this site but did you ever think about gettin narcan yourself? with him over doseing 5x previous not you or dave himself had any narcan in the house?

i dont use iv drugs and have never overdosed but if i did use iv drugs and my family knew it...narcan would be somthing that i would have a supply of..maybe in florida your not allowed to have it or somthing i dont know..i just read your post about the police basically not doing anything to help and it got me wondering..i cant see the emts just sitting there doing nothing especailly when something like narcan literlly brings people back from the dead..even if they thought he was dead when they got there, that should have been the first thing they did regardless

Yes, Chinky, David told me about Narcan being available in Europe, and in NY in some 'special test programs' for 'street drug' users. It was not, and it still IS NOT available without prescription in Florida, and the Pain Doctors WILL NOT write prescriptions for it. I have become aware of websites like Harm Reduction, listed in the post above yours. Also, I just became aware of the action at www.viennadeclaration.com to legalize drugs to stop the crime, wasted money and resources (ofcourse the money is what Corrections corporations and Law Enforcement and Government employees want). I am not, and have never been in favor of any drug use, I never even tried Marijuana or any drugs. I was raised in an ultra conservative Baptist, abusive, Midwest home and church, so David was my first exposure to 'the drug world'. Please excuse my ignorance, but I have paid the ultimate price, and I could not stop my David, I tried for 12 years as did the rest of my family, somewhat. I suffered with David every time he went through withdrawal, overdose, recovery, disability, pain.....and I will always relive his sufferings due to drugs, and due to the cruelty of his peers, clergy, church members, 'friends', family, society, law enforcement, doctors, and yes, EMTs who DID NOTHING until they were sure he was DEAD. I have saved David and his Dad's (Multiple Sclerosis) life at least 8 times each...I know what should have been done by the EMTs. They came in EMPTY HANDED, not even a gurney....his death was predetermined by them even though the Hospital told me David did NOT sign a DNR the month before. The doctors here will not prescribe Narcan to Opiate Pain patients, I am canvasing them even today to learn more about this issue. The leaders at Harm Reduction have told me that Narcan is NOT available to Pain patients anywhere in the US but that it is available to a few special projects for 'street drug' users in New York, California, a pilot program in North Carolina, and one at Ft. Bragg Military base, but no other Pain doctors can prescribe Narcan to Opiate Pain patients yet in the US. Harm Reduction informed me that there is still no way to get regular Pain doctors to prescribe Narcan now in 2011, and certainly there was no way in 2009. Most likely the Pharmaceutical companies that make Narcan are not willing to pay doctors and clinics to 'push' their drugs, so it is not available as Pain Medication prescriptions are at 'Pain clinics'. It always comes down to Money..... Proud to be Phreexmom

Last edited:
^Antagonists are really only useful to someone other than the person taking the opiate as they will be unconscious if it needs to be administered. Maybe it would be useful for those that have someone watching over them at all times, but in many cases first responders will be the first people able to administer the drug.

Yes, the Narcan would have to be administered by me or some else at home, but Narcan was not, and still is not, prescribed by doctors in Florida. It is limited to hospital and EMT use. That is why I was so shocked when, this time, the EMTs came in empty-handed, and delayed coming to David's room, as I was screaming for them to come help me and give him Narcan....they never did. The Hospital did administer all life-saving measures and drugs, but it was too late by then, as the Sheriff and EMTs knew it would be..... David spoke of Narcan to his pain doctor and told me about it, but we could not get a prescription for it, still can't in Florida or anywhere unless you are in a special program like NY, CA, and NC have.

Hi David's mom,
First i would like to say to you what almost evreyone else says that you are a great amazing and caring mother.
Im sure david looks down on you and guards you and is very happy and proud to have a mom like you.
That being said.Im from NY and i happened to watch a documentary on tv called the oxycontin express.basically it was about a program in florida for parents of young addicts and basically they give all the parents a couple shots of preped ready to use narcan without a prescription or anything.
I just wanted to mention that since i read how you just said that it is still not available in florida.It is very available pretty much to the point where they want to give it to you im sure you would be a great advocate for that program.
Im sorry for your loss and wish you only happinies in the future.

I just got the email about your post, totach. Thank you for the information. Perhaps Florida has changed since my son died in August 2009, I don't know. I was going to call the pain clinics and doctors since that is where my son got his Fentynal and diazepam. I have not heard of this program of giving narcan to parents of addicts, but that would be great. I would hope they would also give it to those who get their 'drug' from doctors....since many, many, maybe even most people in Florida had been getting their drugs that way in 2009. I will search for this TV documentary and the program you mentioned and post it on my Facebook page and David's memorial Account on Facebook and places where I try to help others with the disease of Addiction. Thank you. Phreex Mom

Today, August 26, would have been David's (Phreex) 32nd birthday. Tomorrow, August 27, is the day 2 years after he died of an overdose of his Fentynal and Diazepam prescription drugs. Please visit these websites if you wish to learn more about David, or leave a message in the Guest book of his Virtual Memorial which consists of 5 pages with music, plus the Guest Book page. I love and miss you David. Momma http://www.virtual-memorials.com/main.php?action=slideshow2&mem_id=21505 http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=155615771183462 http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=155615771183462#!/groups/157433221000743/ Thank you, Phreexmom

Very, very sorry for your loss ma'am. You have my sincerest condolences and sympathy. I could never imagine being a parent of a child and losing them. :(

I just think it's so wonderful that you're posting on here, Jean - it shows such intestinal fortitude and strength. It also gives phreeX another face, other than the online persona he had here. I feel that i've gotten to know him so much better through being a member of your facebook page.

You and phreeX have been in my thoughts over the last couple of days. I would have posted yesterday (it's a day later in Australia) but i'd had surgery myself so wasn't in much of a fit state to post anything, but I just wanted to say thank you again for posting the information you have, hopefully seeing first-hand, the pain that a loved-one goes through due to a drug overdose might change just one persons mind-set. <3

Much love to you, Katrisse.

Thank you Katrisse,

Thank you for the kind words. David was the kindest, sweetest person in the world. I miss him very much. Phreexmom:(

Thank you , 'severely etarded' for your kind words. David was very kind and giving...too much so. Phreexmom

http://www.facebook.com/groups/157433221000743/ This is the link to Phreex's, David's, Facebook Group page I will let anyone join. I consolidated all his other links and memorials at this Group page site. I miss David so much. Now that it is 'pumpkin weather' here in Florida....cold at night, cool during the day....I remember how the kids loved Halloween, getting pumpkins and carving their very own the way they wanted to, the costumes, treats, parties. David made a fantastic display at the local Haunted House one year when he was in Junior Hi. He had strobe lights, music, animated figures, fog machine effects, scary sounds....it was great... He really was a genius that never got to shine as brightly as he could, nor was recognized for his creativity, kindness and intelligence. He was shunned because he was 'different'. Yes, he was better than the rest of us, I knew it, he knew it, but others hated him for it and hated me for standing up for him all his life. I miss him so much....PhreexMom

You're a brave woman, it breaks my heart to read your post(s) and find out what happened to your son and the actions that were NOT taken to save his life.. There are twisted people in this world, I can't imagine.. My <3 goes out to you and your family, RIP Dave.

Thank you

Thank you for your kind words. I am still in shock and anger over all that was done, and not done, that hurt and killed my David. This is the way he was treated all his life by kids, family, 'friends', teachers, doctors, counselors....no one but me understood his limitations and believed he was doing 'his best'. People should never judge what other people 'should be doing' or 'are able to do'. People can have limitations that do not show up on tests and observations. We need to loved and accept people as they are, for what they say they can do. If they are 'faking' disability then they will eventually give up the pretense and perform as they should. If they are not 'faking' disability....they will consistently exhibit their lack of abilities. People were so mean to David, it breaks my heart daily....I will never 'get over' this. David loved me and understood me like no one else did, we were very much alike, and I am proud of that....