EMD Lets Talk Trance - The New and Official Trance Discussions Thread

meh, i was just sayin im only addicted if its psytrance, wasnt planning on commenting further than that

I like a lot of electronic genres and I can dance to anything with an electronic bassline and lead...but my #1 is definitely trance<3! I like to rave and get down to some oldschool hard trance like the cosmic gate and I have progressive trance in my soul and heart.

^ too late.

OP, I hope you dont mind, I made your thread the new official trance discussions thread.

i prefer new progressive trance rather then the old stuff.... old stuff sounds cheezy to me.

big fan of more commercial vocal trance, ferry corsten, armin van buuren, paul van dyk, ian van dahl.
just heard system f, out of the blue (ferry corsten violin remix) gives me shivers everytime

I really like Trance from the late 90s/early 2000. It was pretty damn revolutionary back then. I haven't really been impressed with most of the commercial trance artists I have seen. It's alright, but nothing mindblowing.

I don't know what you are listening to. This is cheesy? This too?

That Art of Trance track is mind blowing. Just pure bliss.

Last edited:
^ too late.

OP, I hope you dont mind, I made your thread the new official trance discussions thread.

Awesome thanks! !!!!

There is a new trance mashup pair called Myon & Shane 54 there in the top 100... I have there podcast and it is very up to date with the latest trance and they just do mashups. Also tydi hes only 22 and armins new protégé he is coming up. plays at Trance Energy both of these artist are part of Armada music

And of course armin has been doing very good this year number 1 dj with a new album and the ASOT world tour

Trance make me happy! !

Last edited:
I still find it a really hard genre to creatively mix. I don't know why. With progressive and techno you have more room to mess with tracks and longer transitions. Trance is really well produced so maybe that's it. I think the thing that keeps me going is someone comes out with a really raw synth patch and its like gods own sunshine. Marcel woods lemon tree comes to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puIXWtKqpmQ

And its weird but I find old trance mixes the best. I haven't dl'd a new set in ages.

Last edited:
I tend to gravitate towards more gritty and raw sounding stuff.

:)

Last edited:
if i had to pick top 3 artists it would be Armin van Buuren , Adam K & Soha and Sander van Doorn , Adam K & Soha being #1

i used to really be in to my hardtrance,although not any of the artists mentioned so far,i still listen to it as many of my friends produce it and i have many mixes that i made over the years that remind me of my free party days.

i love any classic trance, prog trance. etc

trance is generally what got me into electronic music. as soon as i heard it when i was 13 i fell in love with it