Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : The Age 17-7-09 Two policemen arrested on drugs charges

baysieguy1

Bluelighter
July 17, 2009 - 7:35AM

Two Victorian policemen have been arrested and charged with drug offences, including trafficking a drug of dependence.

A third man is facing similar charges.

The arrests follow a nine-month investigation conducted by the Ethical Standards Department.

A 26-year-old constable and a 25-year-old man will appear in Melbourne Magistrates Court today charged with conspiracy to traffick a drug of dependence, traffick a drug of dependence and possessing a drug of dependence.

In a subsequent investigation, a 38-year-old sergeant was charged with two counts of trafficking a drug of dependence and possessing a drug of dependence.

He was bailed to appear at the Melbourne Magistrates Court on Monday.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/two-policemen-arrested-on-drugs-charges-20090717-dn80.html

yeah I added this to the megabust thread hours ago .. anyhow heres an update :D

Cop faces court over 12 drug charges

r195099_740837.jpg

Posted 6 hours 36 minutes ago
Updated 6 hours 28 minutes ago

A Victorian police officer has appeared in the Melbourne Magistrates Court charged with 12 drug-related offences.

Constable Matthew Holmes, 25, from South Yarra is accused of using and trafficking cocaine, ecstasy and ketamine, as well as conspiring with others to traffic drugs.

Prosecutors have asked the court for extra time to analyse telephone intercepts.

He has been bailed until December.

A 38-year-old sergeant is expected to appear in court on similar charges next week.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/07/17/2628867.htm

ahhh... and he's only 25.

not a very upstanding thing to do now, is it.

Constable Matthew Holmes, 25, from South Yarra

Why does the officer's suburb of residence not surprise me in the slightest.

hehe a dirty cop, he just got lazy. Im sure there are bundles of cops like this.

Oh how shocking, policemen never do this! It's just one bad egg. 8)

Hope they go away for a long time. It really burns my ass to see pigs breaking drug laws,

just goes to show, you shouldn't mix business with pleasure!

i found out the other day that i actually know the 26 y/o who was originally arrested with the cop. but the charges against him appear to have been dropped pending investigation....

I get the sneaking suspicion that I have encountered Constable Holmes before, and that the drugs will either be coke or MDxx.

Edit: And upon reading the story rather than looking at the above summary, I am correct :D

If you're going to party hard on Fitzroy Street, its best not to use your police badge to avoid paying cover charges/skip lines, as you pick up a rep quite quickly.

Bumping this as the copper is back in court on Friday... should be interesting to see what happens as this'll be the first run the 'real' evidence gets.

Cops only serve the law; they don't make the law, or necessarily believe in the law. Of course there are cops out there that dabble in drugs…they are not necessarily ‘corrupt’ cops either.

Cops only serve the law; they don't make the law, or necessarily believe in the law. Of course there are cops out there that dabble in drugs…they are not necessarily ‘corrupt’ cops either.

Sure they are. I hate corrupt cops.

On that note drugs seem to bring out the "dodge" side of cops real well and they seem not to take a great deal of care in hiding it from drug users. Im interested to hear from members of Bluelight who have first hand experience with corrupt cops. Or seconds from a friend and whats your location, see which city is the worst :p.

One of my friends was going out with a cop who used to use cocaine and other drugs and his cop buddy did too. Although my friend got uncomfortable with the guy and probably paranoid dumped him because she figured he was probably "undercover" trying to get intel on her dealers. This is Melbourne.

My best mate was caught with a small amount of pot and was taken to the police shop. After the small questions and what not one of the cops asked her to act as an informant. The police said that for a drug bust they would pay her 25% of the street value of what ever they find. Im not sure it thats legal or not though so maybe thats not corrupt. This is Gold Coast

Sure they are. I hate corrupt cops.

On that note drugs seem to bring out the "dodge" side of cops real well and they seem not to take a great deal of care in hiding it from drug users. Im interested to hear from members of Bluelight who have first hand experience with corrupt cops. Or seconds from a friend and whats your location, see which city is the worst :p.

One of my friends was going out with a cop who used to use cocaine and other drugs and his cop buddy did too. Although my friend got uncomfortable with the guy and probably paranoid dumped him because she figured he was probably "undercover" trying to get intel on her dealers. This is Melbourne.

My best mate was caught with a small amount of pot and was taken to the police shop. After the small questions and what not one of the cops asked her to act as an informant. The police said that for a drug bust they would pay her 25% of the street value of what ever they find. Im not sure it thats legal or not though so maybe thats not corrupt. This is Gold Coast

I don't believe it's illegal to use them as informants to help reduce or clear their own charges, but it sounds pretty sketchy to actually offer financial compensation....

Melbourne is dirty as dirty can be.

One anecdote - a former pill dealer who became a copper stayed mates with a major dope grower who he used to deal to. As far as I know, 'P', the copper, still feeds him intel.

Police intel can be had with limited 'quid pro quo' - just a good rapport.

Try telling them you have info on a corrupt copper and itll be handballed to ESD as noone (except ESD) wants anything to do with being a dog.

Not surprising in the slightest... I was clubbing with someone who sold some googs to two off duty cops in Melbourne, maybe it's the same guys? They were aged around 25. One even bought me a beer, haha.