Gang Problems ?

Ousley

Bluelighter
Does anybody have problems with gangs where they live? In my insulated part of Ohio I only see gang members from Dayton and Columbus coming in and setting up crackhouses, thats it. I don't think I would want to live in a city where there are 2000+ gang members roaming the streets.

yes i almost got beat by the latin kings about a decade ago
i was walking up to the ave to meet up with my crew
it was icy that night
i see them cross the street and start following me
so i cross over to the other side
i glance over my shoulder
and see them cross the street too

im walking fast
i get out my darts
by the time i get to the bar where im supposed to meet my friends
they are right behind me
yo yo i wanna talk to you
im like yo homey theres no relation
and i dip into the bar

i tell my boys what happened
there like chill nothings gunna happen
if worse comes to worse
we'll throw down

they enter the bar
try getting served
get rejected
one kids making a gesture like he was gunna slit my throat

when they bounce i tell the bartender what happened
hes like im calling the cops
im like dont do that i hate cops
he's like but just think if they get someone else
so the bartender calls the police

i tell the police what happpend
they say i prolly beat them on a drug deal
they cant be my body guards

im like look out for 5 or 6 spanish kids all in yellow
im safe now
im worried about an old lady or something
im not alone anymore i dont need your protection
calm down sir just calm down

piss off
and i go back into the bar

thats about it
and about 3 years ago i was kickin it with some chick from ms 13, she just moved up from atlanta via mexico , damn was she fun, but her tattoos were kinda lame

I live near Seattle and everywhere you look someone is reppin' but I'd say 98% are fakes. Gangs have tried to jump be about six times so far in the past year, mostly crabs...Whether its doing deals or just walkin' down an alley. But keep in mind its me putting myself in those situations, gang violence is fairly common in Seattle, but not THAT common.

This is an ideal thread for our newly merged N&S American Social and Drug Discussion forum :)

HOMELESS to NASDD

I live in the unofficial "gang capitol of America". You wouldn't want to live somewhere with 2000 gang members walking the streets? Shit, try 20,000. Yeah, your probably better off staying out of inner city LA.

LA is the gang capital of America? Hah...come to Chicago my friend..

Im sorry but Orange County cannot be considered the "gang capitol of america" 8)

Im in LA and we deffinetely have gang activity. Gang problems? i cant really say we do or do not have one. There is not an active gang war that is raging, however if by problem you mean a large number of members who will get into fights and what not then yes we have a "gang problem"

Pittsburgh's got its fair share of gang members, only certain parts have a true problem

Since the crackdown on the Hell's Angels by the feds where I live, Gangs have taken control. Only they are much more visible and much more violent.

lol yes I live in orange county, but I only live like a half hour from downtown LA and even closer to the ghetto's of south LA so I would consider my area los angeles. Like how people from the suburbs of chicago say they are from chicago just due to the close proximity of the actual city to your suburb/town. And kakti, yes LA is the gang capitol of america due to the fact that there are more gangs and gang members here in los angeles than anywhere else in the country. This is a known fact.

^ I would like to respectfully disagree. Newport Beach =/= Los Angeles. ;)

I know we have gangs in Orange County but I don't know how much of a problem they are. If you're not part of that lifestyle I don't think you're going to have many troubles from gangs with the exception of some crappy tagging on the side of your building.

we do. people think of salem and don't think anything of it. but if you look around and notice stuff, it get pretty crazy. back in 98' there was some kind of war going on, and 2 good friends of mine were shot in a drive by. but now there's alot of little cliques and stuff. it's all latino too. nothing else. no blacks or anything, just all latino gangs. but shit gets crazy here though. just about a month ago 3 kids were shot at a park from some rivals. but it all depends on what part of the city you're in. there's this area called Felony Flats and it's like the ghetto area. lol. and in north salem, things are weird over there. but meth is big here too so alot of the gang bangers are smokin meth and stuff and gettin crazy. but in the corrections department and the juvenile department, there is ALOT of gang activity. when i was locked up in a juvenile institution, there were alot of stuff going on. but if you get involved, then you really know how bad it can be.

^ I would like to respectfully disagree. Newport Beach =/= Los Angeles. ;)

I know we have gangs in Orange County but I don't know how much of a problem they are. If you're not part of that lifestyle I don't think you're going to have many troubles from gangs with the exception of some crappy tagging on the side of your building.

Yorba Linda/Fullerton= 20-30 minutes from downtown LA. Whatever, I was just saying that Los Angeles does have a much worse gang problem than other big cities. You don't have to live in south central to know that(even though I did spend the better part of the last 4 or so years down there being hooked on tar:\)

The FBI said this was the one of the most powerful gangs in America , check out this documentary. La Gran Familia is a Latino gang from Atlanta whos members unlike many latino gangs are born in ATL. They beef with latino gangs from california but they pretty much run ATL's latin side and they are hooked up with 2 cartels in mexico so they get mega money from selling ice and coke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqfG4hK-2qE

There are LA gangs here too like bloods and crips and Chicago gangs like disciples and vicelords but the Latino gangs are the most organized. Also most of the gangs in the city are neighborhood gangs or "zone gangs" as Atlanta is divided into 6 zones

Last edited:
^wasn't the BMF out of Atlanta aswell?

Yes Black Mafia Family started in Detroit but when it expanded it moved its center of operations to Atlanta, mostly because of the excellent cocaine connections here from the cartels and the wealth of the celebrities here

kinda BMf started in detroit..but meech and them boys played down in atlanta

chicago could be tough..if your hispanic you have the most to worry about..but even if your in the wrong hood and you got your hat tilted the wrong way or yea you are wearing the wrong colors you could get checked..alot of times you say your not on shit they will leave you alone then you get the little punk kids who got something to prove and they wil show you a pistol or something like that just to see what your really on and the fucked up thing is 9/10 its b/c your by yourself or they will fuck with you for wearing a red hat in a gold part of town

black gangs imo are about money..they dont want to fuck with white people..they know we have the money and we can make it worth their while in the long run...with that said we have alot of differnt black gangs and they are known to kill each other but normally keep the innocent out of it as much as possible..

if white people claim to be in a gang normally its something folk..Ds, ambrose, 2-6... something along those lines...

blacks want money the hispanics want the respect