Gang Problems ?

Thanks for posting that list Pharcyde quite interesting, Im glad Florida is reppin lol. BTW is your handle named after the group?

Yeah florida has a couple but its the smaller cities that have them. Like place Ive never heard of, like Im sure everyone knows about saginaw, MI ;)

Yeah it is, I was smoking alot of pot and when I registered I was listening to them

Maryland: Baltimore, Prince George's county

I was born and raised in PG, Forest Creek Apartments (now it's Regency Village) in Forestville, MD right off of Penn. Ave.

Gangs/neighborhood cliques are off-the-hook around there. The people are crazy as shit and do anything to turn a dollar into 2. Gunshots rang out almost every other night and PG boys were always doing some kind of narco task force.

I loved it while I lived there because it all seemed normal and exciting to me. I didn't really get fucked with except when I was young (like 6-9 years old) and as I grew up people recognized and vouched for me whenever I found myself in fucked up situations. I dunno, though, a couple of friends I had from other parts of PG got robbed a few times they came over there to pick me up or chill or some shit like that, but I didn't have anything like that happen to me personally after I was like 12 or 13. Lol, a couple of times I'd have a gun stuck in my face going down the steps and it'd be one of my boys from my building... they'd recognize me and laugh or some shit and tell me to get where I was going and stay away for an hour or two.

I live in Charles County now. There's no neighborhood cliques down here but I do know a couple people that claim some Crip set out of Crystal City, VA called 9-deuce-trey. I thought it was all fake at first until I found myself showing up at a Southern MD party at one of my boys' houses that had like 60-70 people dressed head-to-toe in bright blue and was told I had to leave when a couple OGs came to the house to talk with some people there.

Other than that, though, Southern Maryland's a pretty chill place. You stay out of other people's business and they stay out of yours for the most part. :)

what is the difference between a no shit gang and some punk ass kids calling themselves the 12th street Gs or something.
The power structure. Hierarchy. Numbers.
Most of those kids are being influenced by an established member. Like a test, or rite of initiation. Much in the way you'd slowly manipulate a plant to grow a certain way.(aka brainwash)

The police are, by definition, a gang.
Gary has actually gotten better recently after years at the top of the list. Also it should be noted that not only is New Orleans the most dangerous city in America, it has more than double the murder rate of Detroit which was the second most dangerous. New Orleans is 87.1 murders per 100,00, Detroit was 42.3 murders per 100,00. New Orleans was so bad that it was the 2nd most dangerous city in THE WORLD last year right behind Sao Paulo, Brazil which had 87.4 murders per 100,000

That's insane...I hear Sao Paulo is fucking intense.

The power structure. Hierarchy. Numbers.
Most of those kids are being influenced by an established member. Like a test, or rite of initiation. Much in the way you'd slowly manipulate a plant to grow a certain way.(aka brainwash)

The police are, by definition, a gang.

That's insane...I hear Sao Paulo is fucking intense.

yup and so is New Orleans lol

I used to live in Brownsville, TX. It had relatively small problems, but across the border was Matamoros which has it's own "special" brand of violence due to the infighting of the Gulf Cartel. Lots of kidnappings/hostage taking, people showing up as decapitated bodies in dusty ranches.....I even witnessed a shootout between rival politicians in a bar down the street from where my band was playing. But where else are you going to go for drinks when you're 18?

LA is the gang capital of America? Hah...come to Chicago my friend..

Chicago by far has always been the gang capital of the world.....
Crips came from BGDz now GDZ & BDz....
Bloods Came from Black Stones Rangers aka El Rukins now just Black Stones, thats why the Stones have a pyermid of 21 bricks & 1 left to L.A. to start the Blood Stones.

Chicago started it. We have over 50 different gangs with over 50,000 in 1 gang & no lower then 2,000. L.A. is shit been there & it is not orginized. We have nations. 2 hard to explain to dude who thinks la is gang capital.
Ask why also Boolds in la & in east coast don't think each others mobs r real? b/c some fool just started it. Just like NYC Latin Kings was started by king blood who was running from the Chicago police for murder & ended up in NYC & started the kings when we had it here back in the 50's. I can go on & on about this.
Also when dude from ohio said he see's 200 pple ,,,there b a diff on crews & GANGS

If you have a city of 6 million with a police estimate of 120,000 gang members, and another city of 3 million with 60,000, then which has the 'bigger' problem?

and fully organized crime is another story. It doesn't usually concern the average person. Regular people are only affected by the pawns trying to prove themselves in the pecking order by robbing, stealing, and vandalizing.

Well I'm not a math major or professor or nothing, but from what your saying LA has more gang members and if we're going by just numbers of gang members then LA has got the title. Just for the record, this isn't something I take pride in and I am not just saying this because I live in the LA area. All that blood and crip shit started here in LA. MS 13, which is all over the country now, started in LA. There are entire neighborhoods which not just dope dealing and other illegal activities are taxed, but street vendors, store owners, the fucking ice cream truck, everyone is paying tax to the gang that controls that area. I read in the paper a few weeks ago about how one of the taco stands in an 18th St. neighborhood (18th St. is huge here) in the downtown area was not paying their tax and as punishment they sent an enforcer to go take the dude out, and in the process ended up shooting a lady and her baby. From what the article said the shooter was probably dead by now, as 18th St. is controlled by the Mexican Mafia (La Eme), and killing women and children is going against their code of conduct and the shooter was most likely greenlighted for death. Also what people don't realize is, along with the massive black and hispanic gang problems we have here in LA, the asian's also have numbers and you would be surprised at how many Vietnamese/Phillipino(spelling?)/Mong gangs there are in So Cal.

Chicago by far has always been the gang capital of the world.....
Crips came from BGDz now GDZ & BDz....
Bloods Came from Black Stones Rangers aka El Rukins now just Black Stones, thats why the Stones have a pyermid of 21 bricks & 1 left to L.A. to start the Blood Stones.

Chicago started it. We have over 50 different gangs with over 50,000 in 1 gang & no lower then 2,000. L.A. is shit been there & it is not orginized. We have nations. 2 hard to explain to dude who thinks la is gang capital.
Ask why also Boolds in la & in east coast don't think each others mobs r real? b/c some fool just started it. Just like NYC Latin Kings was started by king blood who was running from the Chicago police for murder & ended up in NYC & started the kings when we had it here back in the 50's. I can go on & on about this.
Also when dude from ohio said he see's 200 pple ,,,there b a diff on crews & GANGS

I don't know exactly what your saying, but it is well known that both bloods and crips started here in LA in the 1970's. The crips formed out of the black panthers party in LA and the first crip gang was started by Stanely "Tookie" Williams and Raymond Washington. Tookie Williams ran the crips on the westside of south central and Raymond Washington ran the crip gangs on the eastside of south central. All this information is coming from older black guys i know who were born and raised in south central and have grown up in the middle of all this. One of the dudes i know actually went to middle school with Tookie Williams and used to play basketball with him at Forshay middle school. The bloods were created shortly after in South Central to deal with increasing numbers of crips.

I don't know exactly what your saying, but it is well known that both bloods and crips started here in LA in the 1970's. The crips formed out of the black panthers party in LA and the first crip gang was started by Stanely "Tookie" Williams and Raymond Washington. Tookie Williams ran the crips on the westside of south central and Raymond Washington ran the crip gangs on the eastside of south central. All this information is coming from older black guys i know who were born and raised in south central and have grown up in the middle of all this. One of the dudes i know actually went to middle school with Tookie Williams and used to play basketball with him at Forshay middle school. The bloods were created shortly after in South Central to deal with increasing numbers of crips.

either way crips fall under folk which is chicago based

The area where I live has a population hovering around 300,000. I would not say we have a serious gang problem. Though, it is enough to warrant a special police task force that targets gangs and drugs (dealers), but that probably comes with the population.

We are a few hours from Chicago so the predominant gangs around here are off-shoots from those gangs, including; Gangster Disciples, Black P Stones, Mickey Cobras, and two or three Vice Lord branches. As was previously stated the African-American gangs are all about making money, there aren't really specific corners or blocks that they control, since everything is done by cell phones now. There has been a lot of shootings and homicides, around here, in the past two or three years because of Chicago-born gang members coming down and feuding with local gang members who are unwilling to purchase their drugs, work for them, pay street taxes to them, and the like.

The Mexican gangs have caused a much larger problem, in the area, than the African-American gangs. There are a handful of them, but there are two who are the most dominant. The Almighty Bishops, from the People Nation, and a homegrown Mexican gang, who claim to be Folk Nation, who go at it constantly. These two are by far the largest, and most dangerous gangs, around. Like previously stated, they are more about the respect factor, and still fight over certain streets or blocks.

There are also some Caucasian gangs, but most of these are either false-flaggers for Vice Lords / Gangster Disciples, or claim to be of a different Chicago-based street gang who have no history of their gang lore or were even allowed to start a new chapter, or are simple neighborhood cliques.

I wouldn't say that gangs are that bad, though this is coming from my view point. I do know Mexican teenagers specifically, have a hard time walking through certain neighborhoods unless they are affiliated with such-and-such a gang, or have people willing to vouch for them.

The Bishops are a split off from the Counts, who are both out of Chicago. The Bishops come from Bishop St in Pilsen (near sw side).

Bishop St only has a tiny 1/2 block stretch in Pilsen. lol...they would have originated in like one of only 8 buildings shown on Google maps.

That area....Blue Island/18th St intersection is coincidentally the current dividing line between the million(s) dollar single family rehab expansion, and the regular old neighborhood.

Maybe they do, but I was under the impression they started in California. And werent nations created after the Bloods/Crips formation anyway? The gangs evolved to, um I guess, consolidate power so a Nation was born?

I dont know.

We have crips and bloods (among others) here and it leads me to believe they belong to some Nation but does that mean I can claim Sunny Side Crips belong to the folk nation so the folk nation itself is Saginaw based?

Well after doing a little further research, I found out that the Crips were formed in LA sometime between 1969-1971. The Fok Nation was created in 1978 in the Illinois prisons. So yeah, the Crips in LA came before the Folk Nation.

now that i did some research i found that crips arent folk at all..which i never knew.

Contrary to popular belief, real Crips are NOT part of the Folk Nation Alliance, they are part of the Crips alliance. The confusion of Crips representing the Folk Nation alliance started on the internet with unknown persons creating various fictional “Crip Books of Knowledge” which consist of mixing Crip history and Gangster Disciples history, symbols, and literature (lit) together to form fictional "Crip Books of Knowledge". These fictional “Crip Books of Knowledge” spread rapidly throughout the internet and eventually into the streets with wanna-be’s taking these books seriously. There was, however, a brief cease-fire agreement between Crips and Gangster Disciples in Kansas City, Missouri in 1993 called the "8 Ball". They called it the "8 Ball" because of the shape you get when you merge the "C" handsign of the Crips with the "Pitch Fork" handsign of the Gangster Disciples. That cease fire was very brief and the "8 Ball" has been cracked (cease fire dropped), but that cease-fire agreement may have sparked the idea of creating the fictional internet "Crip Books of Knowledge". This misrepresentation of the Crips has largely affected Crips throughout the south and parts of the mid-west. This widespread miseducation of the Crips has lead to a recent major outreach by west coast Crips to all Crips across the country to let them know that Crips do not represent the Folk Nation of Chicago and do not represent the Gangster Disciples 6 point star and lit. This outreach has been making a major impact on Crips in the south and midwest who have all been dropping the use of anything related to the Folk Nation and a 6 point star and are all steady getting back to their roots
from http://www.rapdict.org/Crips

and aside from that quote now that i think about it... isnt crippin to the left..which the left is PEOPLE?

fuck i dont know wheres the cali OGs to set this straight..

"Crips" and "Bloods" is an extremely broad term, that umbrellas a huge number of various other gangs. Crip sets often war with other crip sets, and likewise with the bloods. There are gangs around the nation, and globe that claim crip and blood, that really have no relation to LA gangs.

The two terms really dont have much value anymore, in contrast to the specific 'sets' that represent those terms.

Most LA gangs nowadays are Hispanic.