Gang Problems ?

meh there are bloods and crips in mississippi but that dont run shit at all. yea they might run some shitty crack and weed open airs markets but they arent running nothing big or organized here. down on the coast you got some fake ass white boys called the simon city royals that think they hard but they a pretty much bitch do boys for other even more unorganized black gangs. we might have some latinos gangs here but iam not sure. whatever the gang presents is here they obliviously dont run shit. that imo ppl who run with gangs are fucking useless ppl that have no sense of individualism.

we got scr here too thats funny..its just goes to show mississippi is kinda a pushover letting chicago and la gangs come in...we dont have any bloods or crips here..

Check out the Gangland series on TV. It has documentaries on many different American gangs. There is also another series, I forget the name. It's a gang documentary too.

It's hard to say which city is the worst, but I'm pretty sure that California would be #1 if you compared states.
It's just so huge, there are so many cities with major gang problems.

And I'm pretty sure we have the largest gang in America here, their main location anyways...anyone know which?
Hint - Latino gang

Yeah 35th street is really the suburbs. Come ride the red line on the southside with me sometime Orange County kid...

As for gangs in Chicago, right off the bat we have the Latin Kings with 50,000+ members, the Disciples (Gangster, Black, Satans, etc) with 40,000+, Vice Lords with 30,000+, and 4 Corner Hustlers, in addition to hundreds of smaller gangs.

http://www.chicagogangs.org/index.php?pr=GANG_LIST

^^whatever, im not going to get into a dicksizing contest over whos city has more gangs, but you ever heard of compton? watts? South central LA would put any part of chicago to shame in terms of gang activity. Just cuz I live in Orange County with family at the moment doesn't mean shit. Before I ended up back at home, and before my last stint in rehab, I was living off Martin Luther King Blvd in LA and we all know what it means when you hit MLK Blvd in any city....your in the fucking ghetto.

I guess the real question is how are we defining a gang problem? Number of murders per capita? Number of known affiliated gang members? Or juts a more general "do you see obvious gang members in your area"?

In any event just damn near any town bigger than 25,000-50,000 is going to have at least a few gangs. As I've always said, every town no matter how nice has at least one ghetto area. Hell on a recent episode of Gangland they were showing the Crips in Anchorage of all places, bringin keys from LA.

^gang presence is probably what the OP meant as murder rate and crimes per 100,000 people are more representative of the city as a whole and not gangs. I'm sure all big cities have gangs but are they visable and do they do alot of work(not just drugs but other rackets aswell).

^^whatever, im not going to get into a dicksizing contest over whos city has more gangs, but you ever heard of compton? watts? South central LA would put any part of chicago to shame in terms of gang activity. Just cuz I live in Orange County with family at the moment doesn't mean shit. Before I ended up back at home, and before my last stint in rehab, I was living off Martin Luther King Blvd in LA and we all know what it means when you hit MLK Blvd in any city....your in the fucking ghetto.

why is it that where ever you have a MLK street it always seems to be the black part of town. i knoiw it is here in mississippi and we even got a few medger evers blvd(another slain civil righter)

Saginaw was all about black gangs till about 2002 thats when the mexicans started taking over, and in a big way.

Well I don't think the murder rate really tells you much about the gang problem in a certain city, even though most shootings in the hood are gang related. The only real way to measure gang activity in a city would be to see the number of people who affiliate with a certain gang, however you would do that.

Top 5 Most Dangerous Cities in 2008 (Source F.B.I.)

1. New Orleans, LA
2. Detroit, MI
3. Atlanta, GA
4 Philadelphia, PA
5. Chicago, IL

Whoa! Wheres Gary, IN ?

Gary has actually gotten better recently after years at the top of the list. Also it should be noted that not only is New Orleans the most dangerous city in America, it has more than double the murder rate of Detroit which was the second most dangerous. New Orleans is 87.1 murders per 100,00, Detroit was 42.3 murders per 100,00. New Orleans was so bad that it was the 2nd most dangerous city in THE WORLD last year right behind Sao Paulo, Brazil which had 87.4 murders per 100,000

yea nola around bourbon street in some of them dark allies can be downrite frightful. since the bulldozing of many of the project like the magnolia, calio and another one may have helped crime rates. destruction of the ninth ward was a blessing for nola

yea nola around bourbon street in some of them dark allies can be downrite frightful. since the bulldozing of many of the project like the magnolia, calio and another one may have helped crime rates. destruction of the ninth ward was a blessing for nola

Yea they are tearing down the projects but The Magnolia and The Calliope are still standing, they haven't tore them all down yet. The 9th ward hasn't been completely destroyed, there are many houses still standing and some have been rebuilt, hundreds more are vacant. However crime has gotten so bad in New Orleans that I decided it was time for me to leave, so I moved back to Atlanta. I knew it was time to go when my neighbor on the left was murdered then my neighbor on the right was killed 2 weeks later. I decided then I wasn't going to be the next statistic

what is the difference between a no shit gang and some punk ass kids calling themselves the 12th street Gs or something. and yeah i know that gangs can start that way but that does not mean that every hard ass little high school kid rollin with his homies is involved in gang activity. if that were the case then i have been involved with a series of gangs since the fourth grade.

just wondering.

guns and money...you wanna gain respect in that world and get your click respect with the big boys get yourself some guns.

most gangs or clicks start doing one thing you might get into robbin, stealing cars,drugs whatever.. then you make some money and branch out and do the other things. maybe rob a couple little dealers make your money right get some drugs and tell them to sell for you or they gonna keep gettin robbed..basically if you can accomplish that your little gang will get notice..at least in your area. phb fpc representta

Atlien3, you wouldn't happen to have hung out with a few folks from Mobile, Al or anything would ya. For some reason I'm gettin the feeling I know you?

? whats that, a neighborhood clique?

basically.. we had no affiliation or nothing

throughout highschool we used to throw parties and just make money kid style petty shit for the most part..we had more money and partied harder then most everyone we knew. we thought we where cool throwing the parties in 10th grade that the 12th graders would want to come to and selling our weed and whatever else we could make money on.

we wernt a gang though just a bunch of friends who grew up together. we are all 22,23 now most got a collge degree or are finishing it up and no one went to prison, no one died, no one caught serious drug charges. we where just really smart,good kids with alot of time on our hands who did stupid shit to make money when we really didnt need it.

id rather not say what phb stands for

but FPC is Front Porch Crew lol