• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

mixing xanax and heroin-first time, dangerous?

FolkFangs

Greenlighter
swim just did a small shot of heroin (about 1/4 of a .5 gram of black tar)and swims habit is pretty high in tolerance , so that shot didnt effect swim that much, just a small buzz...swims taken xanax a few times but not many and just took half of a 2mg bar, so 1mg right after swim did a very small shot of heroin...

swim read a few post but swim just wanted to know a little more about it, swim feels like swims heart is beating erraticaly and iswims a bit nervous!!!

please answer!8o

I am brand new to this site and just looking for a quick response!

did i use the term "swim" correctly?

im not exactly sure what that even means..

none the less id really like the first question answered if anyone has anyyy experience with that!!

Mixing benzos and opiates is a good way to fall asleep and not wake up. Although im sure that wont deter you from doing it.

well i've already done it, without researching first, which was dumb. I was just hoping someone else could tell me they've tried it and are still alive!

The only correct usage of swim on this site is not using it at all. But in regards to your question, as the above poster said, mixing benzos and opiates is a dangerous thing. However, I really don't think you're going to die if the dose of heroin only got you slightly buzzed, and you only took 1 mg of xanax. Not saying it's smart or that nothing bad can happen--but I honestly think you will be okay. Just learn from your mistake and research before doing next time.
Nicole

yeah i feel okay now . but im glad i found this site, its very helpful...sorry about using swim...i had no idea what it was...for some reason i thought it was used to replace the word "I" ...like refering to oneself as I...thanks.

Almost all overdoses from Oxy are due to the user mixing benzos (especially xanax) into the cocktail. It will increase the nod most definitely but the risk for respiratory depression could lead to not breathing after passing out (I've witnessed this first hand unfortunately) and it was terrifying.

If you want to potentiate the opiate, try white grapefruit juice a half hour before dosing, that would be a lot safer than mixing benzo's with it. If you do decide to use a benzo, keep in mind you will require a MUCH smaller dosage than you normally would as both substances enhance each other.

Benzo and opiates kills so many people. I couple people that OD'd getting hospitalzed and 1 person that died

It leads to extreme respiratory depression--death. Dont push the limits please.

Jeezus cripes you silly man 8) Research before ingesting things, and when you're using something for the first time, use it alone with no other substances in your system.
You need to be aware of your tolerance before you begin experimenting with combinations.
No one can tell you if you're going to OD or not really. Only you can be aware of your tolerance and know if something is too much or not.
Just be fucking careful, for your own sake.

you actually shot the black tar? I thought it was best for smoking

its a dangerous combination in high doses, but only you can really tell what your tolerance is, and how much you can handle....

It is definately a dangerous combo, most people who OD on smack were combining a benzo and/or alcohol with their heroin. It sounds to me like you didn't go overboard but I don't know why you would do it if you are worried about it and you have more heroin there you could of shot anyway.

Almost all overdoses from Oxy are due to the user mixing benzos (especially xanax) into the cocktail. It will increase the nod most definitely but the risk for respiratory depression could lead to not breathing after passing out (I've witnessed this first hand unfortunately) and it was terrifying.

That's how I OD'D....

I have a tolerance to xanax and dope, but I find sniffing a bag and popping a bar leaves me feeling goooood

you can definitley shoot black tar. cook it up in water and shoot it, better than white.

dangerous to mix opiates and benzos.

benzos especially because it can lead to the well known situation of thinking its a good idea to take more benzos in an endless cycle.