Bluelight is now on Twitter!

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
At: http://twitter.com/BluelightForum

Please add us!

More detail from the announcement.

Bluelight is now on Twitter. We intend to use Twitter as a secondary means of communication; most tweets will be done in conjunction with site announcements posted in the Announcements forum. For example when new features become available, when we have a funding driving or to let you know of any changes happening around here.

So why have one? Well a lot of organisations are doing it; profit and non-profit. Also not all members regularly check the home page or view the announcements posted in the ANNOUNCEMENTS forum. Another reason is to act as a backup to reach members in case Bluelight does down.

To follow Bluelight on Twitter, just go to this URL:

http://twitter.com/BluelightForum

...and click 'Follow'. You'll then see any announcements we make through Twitter on your feed. Thanks for your support :)

This thread is for any questions relating to this announcement.

^lol I'd rather see a Myspace or Facebook.

At least with those two the government isn't tracking your every drug purchase...

I think this is a convenient method of imparting information. I don't always check stickies as I don't always notice them. I like the idea of keeping informed of pertinant administration and site information.

And BiG StroOnZ, a harm minimisation information based site that doesn't condone sourcing is a funny place to buy your drugs. 8):|

^most twitters are based on what people are actually doing

so if it's just updates on the site, then that's a different story

Did you not read the initial post where it clearly states the tweets will be site announcements?

..most tweets will be done in conjunction with site announcements posted in the Announcements forum. For example when new features become available, when we have a funding driving or to let you know of any changes happening around here.

I presume you have eyes. Use them next time.

^my initial comment was intended to be sarcastic, but I guess you cant see that with eyes 8)

Have you heard of emoticons? How the hell am I meant to infer any kind of tonal inflection from straight text? :!

Nooooo, nooooooooo. Oh god, they're a part of the craze.

Settle down the pair of you or I will bang your heads together. (lol, thats what my mummy would say when I was arguing with my sister)

Yea, I started following BL on twitter, then I realized that it prominently display's my last name. That information isn't hidden, and quite a few BLers have access to that if they wanted it... it's not something I want sitting out there where it can be found unsolicited... Thanks though... :p

Twitter? Twitter is a Web 2.0 site for fags who are too stupid to use IRC and need turn-based chat. Typical Twitter users subject each other to a relentless play-by-play of minutia in their otherwise meaningless lives 24/7/365. Got a new job? Just drank a glass of milk? Took a big shit? Sucking the glass dick? Tweet it!

^Thanks for that succinct description. 8(

This will simply be a medium to impart announcements relating to the site, say, if we go down for maintenance and need to inform folks about it. That's it.

I know it's difficult for some of you to understand. It's ok, take a deep breath and go back to watching TV. Don't forget to wipe the drool from your chin; it's not very becoming.

Yea, I started following BL on twitter, then I realized that it prominently display's my last name. That information isn't hidden, and quite a few BLers have access to that if they wanted it... it's not something I want sitting out there where it can be found unsolicited... Thanks though... :p

You don't need to use your real last name.

Fucking twitter.... I dont need to know everything that goes on in peoples lives, maybe I just keep to myself more as I get older. But this tweet shit is ridiculous. I understand musicians using it I guess, and the fans using it to keep track of them and shit.... but otherwise no....

as far as bl tweets, I can read and hear anything I need to about bl on bl..... but w/e