anti-depressants?

krazyE

Bluelighter
i'm looking for some anti-depressant medicines. i was thinking taking prozac but i figured that i dont wanna make my happiness depend on chemicals... what are some natural and affective anti-depressants? would 5-htp help?
oh yeah and the depression im having right now is natural, not caused by taking too much e or anything...
------------------
I don't like cocaine, I just like the smell of it.

I would suggesst Amitriptaline if you can get ahold of some. It is a small green pill. It is an anti-anxitey you take it about two hours before bed and you sleep really good for eight hours and wake up and nothing seems to affect you everything is just all good and you are kinda happy all over all day then you do it again. Maybe ask your doctor for it--if you wanna be legal its pretty cheap I think when I was taking it, it was about 15 to 20 dollars for a months supply.
PLUR!!!!!!
Jay

ok...i just wanted to let you know one thing. most anti-depresants are MOAI inhibitors (zoloft, paxil). these are very dangerous with e. so if you are going to take an anti depressant then you cant roll if they are moai inhibitors until at least a few weeks AFTER you STOP taking the anti depressant. if you are taking an maoi inhibitor and you take some e it can kill you very easily. i dont know if you already knew this or not but im just trying to help. stay safe.
PLUR
Vas

Ambient...you are dead wrong. SSRIs like prozac, paxil., zoloft, serzone are NOT MAO inhibitors. They may interefere with or diminish your roll but it is not dangerous to take E and these meds together.
It is true that MAO inhibitors and E together are dangerous combinations, But PROZAC IS NOT AN MAO INHIBITOR...it is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor.
For more info check www.dancesafe.org

If you have clinical depression, i.e. have been diagnosed with it and aren't just picking up on the latest fad, you're not going to be able to will it away. It can be willed away no more than a cancer patient can think away a tumour, so you might want to think twice about your decisions and perhaps save yourself some time and disappointment. You'll get your share of frustrations if you do indeed have the disease, so you might as well minimize it as much as you can.
Don't kid yourself, 5HTP will not replace the function of pharmaceuticals. St. John's Wort works for some individuals with mild-moderate depression, but I would not say it is anywhere near as potent as its pharmaceutical counterparts.
Paxil / Zoloft are NOT Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors, as mentioned above. MAO-I's are a very *old* class of antidepressants that are rarely prescribed anymore because the newer drugs have a much greater degree of specificity.
I would not advise on taking pills willy nilly that you can obtain through friends in the scene without the requisite understanding of neurochemistry.

I just want to hit-home the FACT that Zoloft/Paxil/Prozac are NOT MAOI's.
I am taking Buspar which is an SSRI just like paxil, zoloft, and prozac. I have rolled since I started taking Buspar, I just dont take it the day of the party.....or it will inhibit your roll. I DO, however, take it as soon as I come down and want to sleep because it keeps me from being e-tarded once my body has used up all of its seritonin.
MAOI's work with the neurotransmitters before they are released by the synapse of the neurons, while SSRI's just affect how much of the neurotransmitters are REABSORBED.
MAOI's are not usually prescribed anymore and are dangerous.....BUT.....
The previously mentioned SSRI's are safe to take (and probably a good idea) the morning after you roll to prevent that "blah" feeling.
Sorry if this is confusing, just ask and I will try to explain it better if anyone is really curious.
PLUR

I've heard good things about Celexa (sp?). It's just an anti-depressant like the rest of them, but everyone I know who's on it loves it (diminished side-effects maybe?). Neways, it's gotten rave reviews.....

damn, i got bashed pretty good. thanks for showing me i was dead wrong. im stupid i guess.
forget PLUR - lets bash