Philosophical Question about time and space(READ THIS) it is why acid is bad...

From my good many acid/shroom trips they have shown me two things.
Time is only a perception.
Matter is the DNA of the universe (string theory, ie the way matter is arranged decides the rules of the universe and it's properties). This came to me with a very intense closed eye visual on mushrooms.. i went searching to see if there was some physics behind it, i found the string theory article in LA times. Hehe just about shit my pants.
Oh.. and all things cannot be truly calculated they are only approximations.
You cannot tell where the electron is, because when you know where it is, it already someplace else. It knows no straight lines or patterns, it is the essence of nature, pure randomness.

my 2 cents,
they should require all college students take acid.
second thing, belisarius already metioned in his post, that you can only divide into something if it has a quanity. You can't divide a single point, but you can divide the distance between two points.
About 'infinite', I'm not sure if this has any relevance, but in set theory, there are two types of infinite sets, countable and uncountable.(no has yet proven if there's other types or not) Basically, {1,2,3, ...} is a countable set, and all real numbers is uncountable, as well as your infinite boxes within boxes.
anyways this is my theory on vibes, and reading minds: Most people know that it's not the words that convey meaning but how you say it. Also I think that in communication, body language, and facial expression, mean so much more than, just the words. When your on acid, mj, or some other empathic drug, you pick up more so on all the body language stuff, so that it seems like you can read their minds. Or I could be wrong and acid does let some people read minds. Hmmm, now that you metioned poker, that is something I gotta try. hehe

uh just want to clarify my above post a little, it pretty obvious, and silly to say, but also important, is that the definition of a infinite set is any set that's not finite.
(at first, you may go so what i know that, but if you think about infinity alot, the definition will come in usefull)
When i was on acid, I had these visions of infinity, exponential growth from a viral program among other stuff. For some reason, i saw this viral program (i don't know what else to call it) represented by music combined with a big wheel. This wheel had an infinite number of spokes, or like a gear an infinite number of teeth. Looking into each of these 'teeth' contained a person, kind of in a cell. As this wheel rolled over me, I saw all those peoples faces. Plus the people and the wheel, gave me a rythmic beat. It's hard to describe how i learned the beat, but let me try. If i say "1,1,2,1,1,1,2,3,2,1,1,2,1,1..." eventually you'll learn the pattern and continue. But for this rythmic pattern it seemed that i didn't just learn it. My body KNEW it, I couldn't control my body, it just moved with the rythm in my head. I think that was when I really started listening to trance and thinking how it makes you dance. Back to story, (I hope I'm not boring you all to death) I became part of the wheel, trapped just passing the rythm on, I guess I didn't really like being 'unfree' like a robot so I just pushed the infitely huge wheel in my mind away and looked at it from the side where it dissappeared since it had no depth.
So, that's how I saw exponetial growth in action.
I'm not a very articulate person(yet)
frown.gif
, i wish i can show you what i saw.
On another part of this same trip, I cleaned my room, but I picked stuff up, in the reverse order I threw them on the ground. Every thing I picked, my mind immediately traveled to that point in time. In a sense I was walking backwards in time. Anybody else have similar experience?
___
everyone, yes I mean everyone is insane. If you don't think so, you just don't know them well enough.

smile.gif

It's conversations like this that make me regret leaving my maths degree.
However you can read and learn about these sort of theories without being within the confines of a university.
Belasarius, thanks for your thoughts...they certainly showed how easily theories can be disproven and thrown out the window.
I can't contribute tonight...I'm too tired. But keep it up. These sort of conversations are the reason I keep coming back here.
miss apple