• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why do I have such INTENSE trips from weed?

DJ_Spadez

Greenlighter
Smoking weed is very popular, especially amongst all my friends. But when my friends smoke, they act as if they were sober. Kickin' back, talking, just having a good time. However when I smoke, I believe I have a much different experience from most users...

I find that being high is like a shroom/acid trip just very different without intense hallucinations...but the same kind of mind-fuck trip. I feel sucked into my head even physically (idk its weird), and I feel completely lost from reality which usually scares the hell out of me. I also hallucinate slightly but things never melt, objects seem to transform into others, pretty much whatever I'm thinking about is what the object turns into. I also can't walk straight if my life depended on it. I will experience intense rushes of euphoria which will shortly fall down to depression and fear all for no reason. Everyone tells me to calm down but what the hell?!? I can't help it! They say its because I haven't smoked long enough but I've done it about 30 times....all the same.

What I don't understand is, from my experience, I just can't do that on a daily basis like most users. So they must feel different? I know things effect people differently but damn...my high must be way off! I do experience the creativity everyone talks about which is pretty neat...but overall I'm just lost in my own head how can people smoke all the time?

So what do you think? Weeds just not for me? Effects me more in a psychedelic way? It's something I've been dying for answers for, so anything would be great. Thanks guys!

low tolerance and you are more sensitive to mj, which leads to pot panic/anxiety, which makes you feel like your tripping, weed causes anxiety in many people including me. when i first started smoking weed i was fine and had no problems, i was the guy who would smoke everyday and scrape my bowl when i didn't have any to smoke.

Then i started drinking/tripping/rolling/smoking cigs daily, and it seems i lost interest in weed which then i lost my tolerence which gave me horrible side effects from mj(same side effects you describe).

suggestion to fix your problem is when you smoke, take a few hits and then wait like a half hour and take a few more hits, we usally build tolerance very quick from weed, basically smoke yourself sober and if you smke alot of cigs try to cut down, less harse on your lungs, this will take care of the physicial side effects.
I use a albuteral inhaler when it feels like i can't breath which helps me alot, and if these suggestions don't work try like a very small dose of benzos, like a 1/2 dose of valuim or adavant or a small dose of k-pins. gOOD LUCK PLUR

I know exactly what your going through man. I was just like you, I got scared as fuck everytime I smoked weed. I used to be able to listen to music and just watch shapes shift in the car windows or white blinds for hours. I thought it was awesome, but sometimes I would go soo deep into my mind I would forget who I was. You just need to CHILL!!!, The reason most likely is(as it was for me) you aren't comfortable with your attitude around your friends when high. In your head your trying to put on an impression for them, and trying to act normal, thats what makes you trip. What weed does is changes your attitude to a more chilled state. Dont fight the way its making you feel, act it.. just ACT CHILL. .

I noticed that when I smoke with my friends that smoke all day and are just really chill people, I feel really comfortable when I smoke around em, and I can act completely normal. But when I smoke with my friends that are less chill and Im not as comfortable around, I feel I need to give off an impression, and then I start tripping. Its all in your head. don't think about how your feeling either. Dont think in general, thats the main problem, your thinking too much. Just act. Go about your day how you normally would, just in a chilled mood. Just sit back, watch some TV, eat and if you don't wanna talk to people cuz your really high, fuck it, dont do anything your high doesn't wanna do. Its not that your brain is reacting weird to it, your just preceiving it different than most people.
Also, take really small hits until you build some tolerance. You need to get used to your high before going all the way in. Don't smoke out of a bong!!!

Sorry, kinda long but I hope this helped.

This is the exact reason why I dont touch weed. I get really sick, and really tripped out. Gosh I miss the high school days.

I also noticed if I'm rolling or on pain pills, I can smoke a ton and not get any of the mind effects, just the awesome body relaxation. I use times like those to build my tolerance a bit.

Marijuana is a psychedelic drug and many people underestimate it

I get reality melting highs sometimes when I smoke headies through a bong, but that is about it. Try smoking mids, it'll just make you stupid (probably).

Smoking weed is very popular, especially amongst all my friends. But when my friends smoke, they act as if they were sober. Kickin' back, talking, just having a good time. However when I smoke, I believe I have a much different experience from most users...

I find that being high is like a shroom/acid trip just very different without intense hallucinations...but the same kind of mind-fuck trip. I feel sucked into my head even physically (idk its weird), and I feel completely lost from reality which usually scares the hell out of me. I also hallucinate slightly but things never melt, objects seem to transform into others, pretty much whatever I'm thinking about is what the object turns into. I also can't walk straight if my life depended on it. I will experience intense rushes of euphoria which will shortly fall down to depression and fear all for no reason. Everyone tells me to calm down but what the hell?!? I can't help it! They say its because I haven't smoked long enough but I've done it about 30 times....all the same.

What I don't understand is, from my experience, I just can't do that on a daily basis like most users. So they must feel different? I know things effect people differently but damn...my high must be way off! I do experience the creativity everyone talks about which is pretty neat...but overall I'm just lost in my own head how can people smoke all the time?

So what do you think? Weeds just not for me? Effects me more in a psychedelic way? It's something I've been dying for answers for, so anything would be great. Thanks guys!

Your new to smoking and everybody is different, however. I've smoked atleast a thousand times and when I first started I had wabbly wall visuals... Then I stopped getting any small visuals from it, then I started getting crazy headfuck, I started doing harder psychedelics and now when I smoke weed I trip out.. Headfuck and minor visuals, like colors and shapes transparent on walls, floating in the air etc, the headfuck reminds me of shrooms and the visuals are its own weird thing... I dunno

I know what you mean man. I used to be like that, all the time. I uesd to freak out from what I was doing.
But then, I smoked weed every day for a week, by myself. had a bowl to myself a day, sometimes two, and got stoned constantly, for just simply a week, and it solved it.
Then, I went to school high for a week straight and felt fine. Didn't tell anyone I was hgih, and no one knew.

Try smoking to yourself for a week, when you get back from school or work or whatever. Then you might be used to the experience more, from a consistent usage.

I went from taking a couple of tokes of regular/local weed and having full on deja vu trips for 2-3hrs and being RIPPED AS HELL to taking 1g of Canada's highest grade weed and becoming RIPPED AS HELL (baked as hell) is a better word. Indifferent nowdays of Indica or Sativa I hardley get the feel for it. All I can tell the difference well between is high grade and regular, regular gets me a barely noticable high, and mabye with a few beers it becomes noticable but even then...this is the same bud that would get me deja vu a few years ago (regular/local), had i had the high grade first few times i would have been destroyed. High grade makes me feel much more awake but ripped from a few good tokes like I had some beer, and then some but in a weed stone.

I stopped smoking for 2-3 days once and when I smoked again it was much stronger, I find however that trying to cut down on weed for the sake of cutting down leads to other (stronger) drugs in avoiding it such as alcohol for one, tobacco, opioids, mdma, etc

Thanks guys!

Loved all your replies they helped a lot. Yeah I guess I'm new to smoking which could be it, I'm actually baked right now (lol). But I see it as an alternate personailty...which makes me think why people smoke so much, to feel a different but have a better concious. I'm a happy sober person, which could be why I don't like this illusive reality. I also don't want to get hooked to it. Ppl say weeds not addicting but OK!?! That's why you smoke everyday! C'mon then,There's gotta be some form of mental addiction hangin around there right? Personanly, the reason why I smoke is to try and understand what makes people love it so much. And I dont understand....its cool/chill but I don't see the fun in doing it all the time. I'll stick to MDMA which is da shiiiit! =P

Spadez - pot is psychologically addictive in some people, yes.

As for the trips...
I'm kinda like you, but I get full on visuals from a couple hits (2-3), and usually complete ego death.
Doesn't matter if I'm alone, with people, at a party... whatever.
I trip out HARD - body is comatose, generally unresponsive to stimulus, or limited reactions with almost no motor control (I sit or lay somewhere and don't move - and if I HAVE to move, it's impossible to do it on my own.)
Experience with shrooms, salvia, and such things have helped me learn to manage my trips - made tripping out like that enjoyable rather than scary, but functioning in this world is still completely out of the question.

When you don't recognize time as linear, don't understand the concept of a body, and eyes - opened or closed - seeing multiple dimensions all at the same time (we won't even go into the lack of ability to comprehend spoken words, let alone language - and the visuals prevent basic object recognition - I couldn't even find paper to read, let alone make out the letters or put the thoughts together to try to write down what I'm going through...), I don't care how "natural" you try to act - when there's no world to act in, and no body to animate in an attempt to appear normal, it simply cannot be done.

My answer would be that some people just aren't built to handle pot.
I'm one of them.
I think it's GREAT once every month (or three), but it's not something I could do daily, or even weekly.

Building a tolerance isn't really an option for me either;
2 hits
Body high starts about 2 minutes in
Visuals start between 10-20 minutes (depending on strength of the pot)
15-30 minutes in, I'm generally lost to this world. There is no physical recognition, let alone sufficient motor skills to even attempt another hit.

The first time it scared the crap out of me - and it was random. It just started one day.
I was never a heavy pot smoker, just a few times in college, and occasionally at a party here or there...
I'd get bad "cave" isolation, but the real world was still there... It just had to struggle hard to get my attention.

One day though - WHAM! Ego death, full on visuals (seeing the touch sense, each nerve ending was its own universe - and in the lifetime of the universe (in each nerve ending - each cell) one synapse would fire to bring an eternity's experience to the brain, which traveled through a rainbow colored ribbon in absolute blackness... Until I realized that my mind was only part of another universe in a single cell of a greater consciousness....
No link to the physical world at all.
Since then, every time I've smoked pot I've had super strong hallucinations - with one exception, and that time I "passed out" but didn't really sleep or lose consciousness - I was just completely unresponsive to my friends for about 2 hours. Had a heck of time inside my head, but they couldn't "wake me up"
That was off 3 hits shotgunned into me... I didn't even take them straight from the pipe.

If you don't find pot enjoyable, don't use it.
It's that simple.
This idea of "overcoming your intolerance" is nonsense.
I wouldn't trade my reactions to pot for anything. My friends can blow $30+ on shrooms or acid, I can get 2 hits off a communal pipe, and we're about on equal footing.

Of course... it's been a while. Things may have changed, but I doubt it.
Before I noticed the change I was smoking a lot of salvia (a lot FOR salvia - maybe a couple times a month for 4-5 months where I abstained from pot completely).
It was that first time after the salvia that shoved me over the edge.
Dunno about your past experience with salvia - just looking for a common source for these reactions. That may not be what caused mine either - just a hypothetical to consider.

Loved all your replies they helped a lot. Yeah I guess I'm new to smoking which could be it, I'm actually baked right now (lol). But I see it as an alternate personailty...which makes me think why people smoke so much, to feel a different but have a better concious. I'm a happy sober person, which could be why I don't like this illusive reality. I also don't want to get hooked to it. Ppl say weeds not addicting but OK!?! That's why you smoke everyday! C'mon then,There's gotta be some form of mental addiction hangin around there right? Personanly, the reason why I smoke is to try and understand what makes people love it so much. And I dont understand....its cool/chill but I don't see the fun in doing it all the time. I'll stick to MDMA which is da shiiiit! =P

Yo, thats some weed conspiring going on there.. It's not an alternative personality and people arn't chasing that alternative personality. Some people may use it as an escapist drug as it lets them forget about bullshit and generally feel good, and others use it to enhance things, then theres people who use it to help fall asleep or to help pain... Don't think i've ever heard of people chasing their alternative personality via weed smoking.. You being happy without being high has nothing to do with anything, many of us are happy while not high, more happy while high. It's not like a switch that automatically turns you into the opposite of yourself (alternative personality as you described) Dude, thats some nonsense right there. Also it's not something you get "hooked" onto without your consent or knowledge. Pretty much everyone that smokes daily made that choice, and could stop with a little will power quite easily, I know I could, I choose to keep smoking weed as much as possible, I enjoy it, I enjoy the lifestyle, and I enjoy the things I've learnt about myself. Seeing the world in a brighter beauty to me.. is "da shiiiiiit!"

Im the same way bit I love it. I get the anxiety but I know its just the weed and I start tripping out thats why weed is one of my favorite drugs. I actually like the paranoia and anxiety because it makes it so much more intense. Makes me wonder what acid and shrooms would be like for me

I have experiences just like Kalash's I love them so much. They get as intense as when I passed out on 500 Morning Glory seeds. I get visuals, end up passing out and have an out of body experience much like the one he described.

I have "tripped" off of pot before, once was DRASTIC, possibly one of the trippiest experiences I've ever been through, even more than shrooms or acid. This was when I smoked after not having smoked for a year+. Seriously, I thought my mind was going to explode. No visuals or anything but it was just such an unbelievable headfuck, I can't even explain it.

I don't really like pot as a social thing at all. It's something I would do alone, either to meditate, do some yoga, work out, listen to music, write, that sort of thing. I don't exactly get terrible anxiety being around people anymore but I just find other people's presences takes away from what I find enjoyable about the experience.

Utah - you may be disappointed with shrooms and acid - depending on your preferences. If you respond similarly to me, and want to be surprised should you ever try shrooms or acid, stop reading. If you're curious what to expect, go ahead...
Shrooms are a bit heavier with the visuals - it's easier to retain consciousness, harder to "pass out", and I tend to be more "here" on shrooms than pot, but still zone out HARD. It's similar to the cave feeling pot used to give me - I'm "here" but in my head. With enough pull, I can come back to this world and function. It's not as incapacitating as marijuana.
That said, I've never had a really positive shroom experience. They're almost always "bad" trips - where I contemplate the purpose of life and determine that I'd be better off never coming back - even while realizing this would mean physical death.
Shrooms for me tend to be real downers, regardless of setting or mental state going in, but I haven't used them often because of this... maybe I just haven't found the right place and mind set.

Acid on the other hand is GREAT!
Assuming you're physiologically similar to myself (based only upon the idea that our pot trips are similar - and far different from the majority of users), if you like ecstasy, you'll love acid.
The visuals are plentiful (metallic colored rather than the matte colors on pot and shrooms), the body high is intense (nausea can occur if you're not prepared for it and relax through it - much more intense "inside out" feelings on acid than shrooms or pot, similar to a weak salvia experience (non-tripping) in body feeling, but again, more intense), but it's all controllable.
I'm able to stay in this world, solve problems, interact with people and objects...
Pot and shrooms isolate me completely from this world. Acid turns it into a bright shiny playground :D

And...
Just to say what I was trying to say before...
If a certain drug treats you a certain way, I don't see the point in trying to get it to treat you any differently...
Why do something that is dubiously "bad" for you health (it's not 100% good for you regardless. Not even breathing air is 100% good for you) if it doesn't bring you the experience you want it to?
I don't like coke - it makes me anxious and uncomfortable.
Sure - I could use coke till it became "normal" and I was capable of functioning on it... but why? It's expensive, isn't good for me, and the anticipated benefit isn't worth spending more money and my health to "Get a taste for" coke.
This remains a personal choice, but it really seems to contradict the whole concept of "recreational drug use" to me...
Drug use should be fun - not a struggle. If you have to struggle to get the benefit from drug use, it's work - it's not recreational in nature at all.

But this tends towards my arguments against addiction - when the benefit no longer outweighs the cost, and one continues using drugs, that point in my mind makes them an addict.
Everyone has a different breaking point, what "cost" is acceptable for what perceived benefit, but an acceptance of personal liberty demands we must allow for others to make decisions different than our own...
And only when their decisions begin to adversely affect others can they be stopped from further "risks" in their pursuit of happiness.

Shrooms and Acid are great. For me acid gave me more visuals but I had a clear head. And shrooms sort of reminded me of a heavy weed.. like if weed evolved into something it would evolve into shrooms, some people might not understand what im trying to say but the come up for me feels alot like a strong weed high, then it turns into its own thing and I start tripping.

I agree with kalash, acid is better, but I love shrooms just as much. On acid I had feelings that I couldn't even describe, so joyous.

Spadez -

It was that first time after the salvia that shoved me over the edge.
Dunno about your past experience with salvia - just looking for a common source for these reactions. That may not be what caused mine either - just a hypothetical to consider.

You might be on to something. I never tripped on weed until after I started smoking salvia. Its like salvia opened a part of my mind that causes me to trip on weed. But its very random when I trip. It doesn't really happen anymore cuz Im soo comfortable with my high now. But one time I took (one) bong rip, and I was crying convinced I was fucked for life. It felt like I had glitched my brain. My cousin said my pupils were huge, and this lasted eight fucking hours. The most Intense audio visuals I've ever had. Every sound in the (water pipes, dripping faucet, Television) synced together into makeing the most epic song I have ever heard.. It was by far the scariest experience of my life, but at the same time now that its over, It was the best. weird.

The weird thing is that the main theme to the trip felt like all I needed to do was to think one thing, and I'd snap out of it. But I could never find what it was I was supposed to think.