• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why do I have such INTENSE trips from weed?

I had much the same experience last night when I smoked one bowl of mid-highs and i got so fucked up i felt my ribs were ripping apart, i felt this drowning sound in my mind as if air was rushing into my spine. I was floating on air. The only difference was that I loved the experience because it was the best high i've had ever pretty much. I don't smoke alot, mostly just 2 to 4 times a week.

I thought I was going into a bad trip because I had done shrooms the day earlier and I thought maybe they were having a reaction with the weed but now I realized that the weed i smoked was just really really strong and had some serious punch to it. I loved the experience and slept for about 8 hours after It started wearing down.

The thing that sucked was my friend came over to ask me to go to McDonalds to eat and draw which we do alot and It kind of fucked up my high because i was trying to act normal when I couldn't and he just sat here for an hour it seemed while I felt uncomfortable to leave my room. I think it pissed him off that i said i would go and he came over and then i didn't want to go, but i don't give a fuck. I was tripping, couldn't walk straight, and didn't feel like looking like a complete idiot at Mcds. he's also not that into drugs so its not usually fun getting high with him and tripping with him because he's too scared to do that much drugs.

weed is really strange for me most of the time I'm ok, buuuuuut sometimes fuck man panic attacks the whole deal it's so scary it happened to me last week from half a small joint, I felt like I was going to die...noooooooooo more weed for me

i also get more intense trips on weed than my friends.. thats why i mostly smoke hash, its lighter... for me weed is a powerfull psychadelic

herb affects everyone differently. your experience sounds horrible bro, if i had side effects like that i would stay far away from mary jane. id say low tolerance is to blame

Loved all your replies they helped a lot. Yeah I guess I'm new to smoking which could be it, I'm actually baked right now (lol). But I see it as an alternate personailty...which makes me think why people smoke so much, to feel a different but have a better concious. I'm a happy sober person, which could be why I don't like this illusive reality. I also don't want to get hooked to it. Ppl say weeds not addicting but OK!?! That's why you smoke everyday! C'mon then,There's gotta be some form of mental addiction hangin around there right? Personanly, the reason why I smoke is to try and understand what makes people love it so much. And I dont understand....its cool/chill but I don't see the fun in doing it all the time. I'll stick to MDMA which is da shiiiit! =P

once pot smokers mature and relize that they have been smoking everyday, not being able to eat without blazing, not wanting to go out without blazing, thats when u relize, yes marijuana is addicting
i relized it...

but its addicting to a point, ull never be so stressed out that u cant sleep

then people turn to harder drugs cuz theycant get high on weed anymore (me), usually to prescription pills

once pot smokers mature and relize that they have been smoking everyday, not being able to eat without blazing, not wanting to go out without blazing, thats when u relize, yes marijuana is addicting
i relized it...

but its addicting to a point, ull never be so stressed out that u cant sleep

then people turn to harder drugs cuz theycant get high on weed anymore (me), usually to prescription pills

That's not saying much though - EVERYTHING has the potential to become addicting.
For me - Law and Justice has become an addiction - something I'm willing to throw my own life away to obtain for others.
Email - and even worse, chatrooms - can be addicting. "Just five more minutes!" when you know your body needs sleep.
You are right - pot can be addicting - but it's all in the head of the person. The "need" is perceived, not actual.
There are no physical symptoms from withdraw which prevent you from continuing to live life in a normal, healthy way.

This isn't to say that pot isn't addictive - only that it is psychologically so, not physically.
The desire to "be high" has never been strong for me. There are times when I enjoy it, but it isn't an all consuming need - and most of the time I'm happier to be sober.
I have my drugs of choice, and pot is one of them - but as I said above, not more than once a month or so.

I'm curious about those replying talking about "panic attacks" and paranoia...
Are these attacks just fear? Worry? Or does the world dissolve completely leaving you bodiless and floating through some sort of alternative universe or different time continuum?
Because I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing...

haha that is awesome.
its normal, each person reacts to stuff in a different way.
I change A LOT too, especially if I smoke a lot.
I have really low tolerance, so I don't need much for that

I will just chime in an reiterate what many people previous to me have said, reactions to cannabis are highly individual. I also wondered for years why my friends were just smiling and going about their business while I was having a strong trip to some pretty dark places. Ultimately I have just accepted that its the nature of the drug for me and I am thankful for it. MJ makes me question everything and fills me with self doubt which is a good reality check. I don't think there is much you can do to change this. My shifting tolerance from an eigth a night to a few hits to get rocked has not at all effected my subjective experience in so far as the mindfuck and hallucinogenic properties. Although tolerance can play a role in clearness and physical body load.

Best of luck, if the mind fuck is not for you it is time to consider hard drugs for recreation. Benzos will most definitely help you feel more comfortable but then you will end up fiended out on them so that you can do something as simple as smoke bud. Also when you take away the mind fuck and anxiety you also lose much of the euphoria and creativity along the way. You just need to accept the good and bad together and realize that you may be better off smoking alone.

This is the exact reason why I dont touch weed. I get really sick, and really tripped out. Gosh I miss the high school days.

Yeah I'm like that too at times unless I smoke it often enough to get a tolerance.

OP-Sometimes it happens. THC is a psychedelic and Sativa strains can get trippy but I've had Indicas do the same.

90% of people are like this until they develop tolerance or at least become more accustomed to the feeling

I had similar trips when used to smoke once or twice per week. But such experiences stop when you develop tolerance and use the same amounts of smoke. Actually I miss those intense trips and will try to cut down to smoke twice per week.

That's not saying much though - EVERYTHING has the potential to become addicting.
For me - Law and Justice has become an addiction - something I'm willing to throw my own life away to obtain for others.
Email - and even worse, chatrooms - can be addicting. "Just five more minutes!" when you know your body needs sleep.
You are right - pot can be addicting - but it's all in the head of the person. The "need" is perceived, not actual.
There are no physical symptoms from withdraw which prevent you from continuing to live life in a normal, healthy way.

This isn't to say that pot isn't addictive - only that it is psychologically so, not physically.
The desire to "be high" has never been strong for me. There are times when I enjoy it, but it isn't an all consuming need - and most of the time I'm happier to be sober.
I have my drugs of choice, and pot is one of them - but as I said above, not more than once a month or so.

I'm curious about those replying talking about "panic attacks" and paranoia...
Are these attacks just fear? Worry? Or does the world dissolve completely leaving you bodiless and floating through some sort of alternative universe or different time continuum?
Because I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing...

yes ur right

anything can be a high

anything can be addicting... but it's WHAT are u addicted to. Law and Justice is a safe addiction and can only go positive...ect.

yes ur right

anything can be a high

anything can be addicting... but it's WHAT are u addicted to. Law and Justice is a safe addiction and can only go positive...ect.

Law and justice addictions can be destructive too - that's what an addiction is, something so pervasive that all other aspects of your life are neglected with detrimental results.

Addiction is a lack of balance between your desires and your safety/comfort.
A legal addiction has cost me relationships, housing, and employment.

It can be destructive, just like any other addiction.

Law and justice addictions can be destructive too - that's what an addiction is, something so pervasive that all other aspects of your life are neglected with detrimental results.

OFT. Workaholics aren't any better than potheads. I mean life is short, money doesn't buy happiness...activities do. If work makes you happy, then great....do it. Just make sure you don't let it consume you to the point where you lose other aspects of your life (family, friends, social contact). Also, to the OP, the reason people say weed isn't addicting is because you can do it everyday, stop for a week, and be fine. There might be mental cravings but everytime I've had to stop it was no problem. It's just like people who have a beer after work; they're not addicted, otherwise they would have needed that beer before work, it's just a way to calm down and relax. And I don't have any of the effects you do, I get real chill and usually sleep better after a toke. I think you are a nervous person or associate weed with paranoia because it is a mind altering substance...you gotta be able to handle your shit. I just have good expectations when I do it, so I have good results.

not denying u one bit, and u arent disagreeing with me, just making it more clear

not denying u one bit, and u arent disagreeing with me, just making it more clear

If you say so ;)
It was this bit...

An addiction, by definition, is negative - destructive.
A moral judgment on what one is addicted to doesn't change the (destructive) nature of the addiction.

Now I'm clarifying.
Stupid semantics. >_<

Learn telepathy already so these verbal inconsistencies and misinterpretations no longer apply.

Man I don't know what you're complaining about, an intense and euphoric, hallucinatory high is what most people would kill for. You think 30 times is a lot by the way? The first 2 months I smoked green I lost my grip on reality and went into wild laughing fits all the time. I remember smoking about 30 feet into a forest off a road and it took me like an hour to get back to the road because I was laughing so hard and thought I was in the middle of a jungle. Now that was YEARS ago, I'm not like that anymore at all. In fact, I smoked some low grade middies earlier today and wow... A whole blunt split between just me and 1 friend and I barely got high at all. Like I was in complete control, kind of bummed out because I didn't even really get high.

Smoking weed is very popular, especially amongst all my friends. But when my friends smoke, they act as if they were sober. Kickin' back, talking, just having a good time. However when I smoke, I believe I have a much different experience from most users...

I find that being high is like a shroom/acid trip just very different without intense hallucinations...but the same kind of mind-fuck trip. I feel sucked into my head even physically (idk its weird), and I feel completely lost from reality which usually scares the hell out of me. I also hallucinate slightly but things never melt, objects seem to transform into others, pretty much whatever I'm thinking about is what the object turns into. I also can't walk straight if my life depended on it. I will experience intense rushes of euphoria which will shortly fall down to depression and fear all for no reason. Everyone tells me to calm down but what the hell?!? I can't help it! They say its because I haven't smoked long enough but I've done it about 30 times....all the same.

What I don't understand is, from my experience, I just can't do that on a daily basis like most users. So they must feel different? I know things effect people differently but damn...my high must be way off! I do experience the creativity everyone talks about which is pretty neat...but overall I'm just lost in my own head how can people smoke all the time?

So what do you think? Weeds just not for me? Effects me more in a psychedelic way? It's something I've been dying for answers for, so anything would be great. Thanks guys!

ive been smoking for four years, dogg... i can get thowed with a nice halfer man. i usually smoke joints so weed is pretty much cheap for me. i dont dig the fact that i trip balls, but screw it........i got shity lungs!?

i suggest u smoke at your own time, grab a beer when you wanna party dogg.

Last edited: