Help Me PLEASE Help Me....speeding tickets?

Brooke

Bluelighter
Okay, I almost hate to post this because you guys are going to think I am some kind of idiot. Anyway, I just returned from lunch...wherein I received TWO speeding tickets! Not one, but TWO damnit! Of course I am no idiot, so after I got the first one (45mph in a 35mph zone - how f'ing lame) I was going quite slow. The first one was on my way to get something to eat. Okay, on my way back I get pulled over again. This time it was 35 in a 25!! Okay, it is impossible to drive 25mph!! I have never had a speeding ticket or any other citation in my ENTIRE life -- I have been driving for almost 9 years now! The second cop told me they were in full force today due to lots of complaints...of course I am a corporate slave out in the 'burbs, so it would totally figure.
So do any of you know of any way to get out of these tickets? A friend of mine told me to "check the second box" which reads "I agree I have committed the infraction(s) and I want a mitigation hearing to explain the circumstances." This friend was telling me that the cop NEVER shows up for the court date on a measly speeding ticket and therefore the ticket will get dropped. Is this true? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated!!
-Idiot driver

I just paid fine yesterday and plead guilty if this works i will kill someone - i was 76 in 50 zone and yeah stupid also
wish you luck
smile.gif

------------------
Just K - Hugz Drugz and a dozen Roses

i would leave the state, possibly even the country. sell your car and never drive again. change your name and/or have plastic surgery performed to alter your appearance. you can never be too careful when it comes to serious entanglements with the law such as this.

i would leave the state, possibly even the country. sell your car and never drive again. change your name and/or have plastic surgery performed to alter your appearance. you can never be too careful when it comes to serious entanglements with the law such as this.

LOL @ barndog .....hehehe
smile.gif
....hey its true.....i had a speeding ticket in ct....the cops...i would say 90 percent of the time dont show up...but u do get those dick head cops once in awhile...so d advice would be fight it...what do u got to lose......right.......take it eeeeasy and keep the vibe alive

Well, I ALWAYS fight my tickets. Unfortunately, the cops have always showed up. However, there is the chance that he/she will not. No matter what, you should always fight a ticket. When you go, if the cop shows up- be sincere that you are very sorry and that it won't happen again. Sometimes you can make a deal where you either egt a reduced fine or you may have to pay the ticket but you won't get any points. You might want to say that your insurance company said they will drop you if you get any more points. You cant lose anything trying, right?

I don't know how the law works in Washington, but in Texas, there are some options. I've received my share of speeding tickets over the years, and I haven't had to pay for any of them. Kind of....
In Texas, you can take a Defensive Driving class. It's sucks, but you don't have to pay the ticket. Instead you spend all day Saturday (recovering) from 8:00 a.m. to about 3:00 p.m. listening to a facilitator and watching videos about the dangers of speeding, driving too slow (I'm serious), etc. At the end of the day, you take a lame test, pay your $25 for the class, and send the record to the county courthouse. Your ticket is then removed from your record, which is important if you do not want your car insurance to cost you out the ass.
The catch is you can only use Defensive Driving once a year to keep from paying the full amount. So, that won't help with your second ticket. However, I did receive two tickets within one year and I requested "Defer Judication". I wrote a letter to the county courthouse stating that because I was not from the town where I received the ticket I would not be able to see the judge (I think was supposed to see the judge). I paid my court fee of about $35, and as long as I didn't receive another ticket in the same county within the next 90 days, then the ticket was dropped as well.
Of course, I've drank a lot of beer and smoked a lot of pot since then so the details are a little shady. However, if Washington has some program like this, then I would definitely look into it.
Good luck!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! What ever you do, DO NOT fight it!!! Trust me *I* know. My twin sister Stephanie, who is no longer w/ us, was involved in a speeding infraction. She was put to death...**sob, sob, sob** Death by firing squad. I am ab-so-f'in-lutely serious. She was in Colombia running drugs for a competing drug lord. The cops, who were being paid by the OTHER drug lord, stopped her and gave her a goosing and searched her car to boot! They found 100kilos of cocaine in her car. She thought it would be a good idea to fight it, so she pulled out her uzi pistol and ran her but off to the nearest McDonalds to get a double quarter lb'er (I have no idea what that is in metrics) to think things over. Then the Hamburglar, who was also running drugs for the OTHER drug lord, spotted her and stole her dbl 1/4 pounder and she lost her train of thought. I guess thats when the cops came in and opened fire on her. Poor girl. The tears are welling up as I am telling this horrific story. How dare that damn Hamburglar steal her x2 .25 lb'er, doesnt he know there are millions of starving children out there. **sob, sob, sob** I cant take it anymore, aaaaahhhhhhhahaaahaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaa aaaaahhahaaaaaaaaahhah wwwwwwaaaaaaaaaa!! OK, I am done crying now.
The preceeding message is not to be taken lightly, nor seriously, its somewhere in between, like everything else. Thanks for listening
biggrin.gif
Bye. Have a bright sunshiny weekend!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

later
plur
steve

Oh Stepper your stories always have me rolling on thr ground!! glad to see everyone is back in full force!

Here's what everyone should do. I did it 2 years ago and my insurance has not gone up, nor have I gotten any points on my license.
1. Pay the tickets.
2. Pay for $5 over the amount charged.
3. The DMV will mail you check for the $5 you over paid.
4. DO NOT cash the check. Tear it up and throw it away.
5. This will leave you record with the DMV open.
6. A record at the DMV office will stay open if there is a negative or positive balance.
7. This helps you by your record/account with the DMV never closing.
8. With it never closing your insurance company never finds out about the speeding ticket.
9. Thus no increase in insurance costs.
10. The DMV never closes the account so no points are added to your license.
Like I said I did this 2 years ago and I still have not gotten any points on my license or had an increase in my insurance rates.
Hope this helps everyone beat the system.
PHUCK THE MAN!!!
-Lane

PAYING 5 DOLLARS OVER THE TICKET THING DOES WORK....MY DAD WAS A COP! HE TOLD ME IT DOES WORK!

IF YOU MANT TO FIGHT IT THERE IS A PAGE THAT A FRIEND OF MINE FOUND ONE TIME. http://www.blurofinsanity.com/Speeding.html
IT IS BASICAIILY A LOT OF IDEAS THAT YOU COULD EMPLOY TO FIGHT A TICKET. OTHERWISE THAT FIVE DOLLAR THING SEEMS LIKE A KICKASS IDEA--I WONDER IF IT WOULD HAVE WORKED FOR A DUI-PROLLY THE DUMBEST HING THAT I EVER DID
OH WELL, GOOD LUCK
------------------
~DANK~

Just got e-mail from lawyer friend who is going to hook me up! I will let you guys know what his tricks are if you are interested.......

As a general rule, any legal advice you find on the Internet is suspect. Proceed with caution, and consider consulting a lawyer.
I did hear one story about a guy who kept deferring his court date with a series of bogus excuses. Three years later he finally went to court. By that time the cop was no longer working in that city, and the ticket was instantly dismissed.