Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Recommend a Documentary v. David Attenborough!

The Netflix and Hulu documentaries on the Fyre Festival provide different but gripping ways to look at the debacle. I watched the Hulu one, and I got the lowdown on the one from Netflix. Def worth it. Great example of a real social media construct and a commentary on its significance in modern society.

^justified visual, schadenfreude with a large dose of buttered higher, moral ground -I also enjoyed! ;)

Free Solo looks good. Guy climbs a big rock without ropes. Induces sweaty palms in viewers.

I know, the irony in the fact that she makes money exposing these people kind of cancels her integrity...but being Jewish, I rekon she is just doing the causal observer thing. IT has its place and tbf I see her empathy in her docs - more of a passive cultural criticism than a tabloid hack. Again, she is parasiting from the parasites of democracy. Curious cycle.

I also really liked her documentary "Queen of Versailles" about that rich Florida family that built then lost the most expensive home in the US.

I highly recommend the Netflix documentary "Finders Keepers" to anyone that hasn't seen it yet. It's laugh out loud funny, while actually being surprisingly touching given the subject.

"Recovering addict and amputee John Wood finds himself in a stranger-than-fiction battle to reclaim his mummified leg from Southern entrepreneur Shannon Whisnant, who found it in a grill he bought at an auction. Official Selection Sundance Film Festival 2015."

I also really liked her documentary "Queen of Versailles" about that rich Florida family that built then lost the most expensive home in the US.

Yeah, same SH, its pretty tragic.

I highly recommend the Netflix documentary "Finders Keepers" to anyone that hasn't seen it yet. It's laugh out loud funny, while actually being surprisingly touching given the subject.

"Recovering addict and amputee John Wood finds himself in a stranger-than-fiction battle to reclaim his mummified leg from Southern entrepreneur Shannon Whisnant, who found it in a grill he bought at an auction. Official Selection Sundance Film Festival 2015."

Have seen this trailer a few times; meant to give this a watch - thaanks for remind, must do when I have time. Looks familiar - not the foot thing - just the impetus.;)

"Earthlings" - if you can watch this and not immediately go vegan, you have no soul*

*I'm not actually vegan myself. I was after seeing this, but had to stop for health reasons.

The Deep from The Blue Planet series. Personal favourite.

Yeah that was a great episode. I know we're supposed to say this, but I really did enjoy that series. Planet Earth 2 is still my favourite of the "Planet" series' though.

Hey, this thread used to be stickied I thought? If it's not supposed to anymore, I understand.

new mod is not a fan of stickies. too many makes them invisible and the bobber effect catches users' attention. if this subforum got enough traffic, i'd unstick the remaining two. still might.

Ha yeah david knows everything just another rich prick who makes so much money he can go where he wants feeds a few animals and become a super hero he looks like he could be a perv to maybe something worse, I just dont like him full stop.

new mod is not a fan of stickies. too many makes them invisible and the bobber effect catches users' attention. if this subforum got enough traffic, i'd unstick the remaining two. still might.

And we can create buttons at the top for former stickies if you like, and draw attention to them in lots of different ways if need be (animate or color effects etc).