Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Recommend a Documentary v. David Attenborough!

I just saw "Kids For Cash" on Netflix in demand US version. Everyone needs to watch this! My blood may not settle for days.

^
If you enjoyed that I'd also recommend Cocaine Cowboys 2 which details more about Griselda Blanco. The first one is better though.

If you enjoyed Cocaine Cowboys then you should check out Cocaine Cowboys: Reloaded. It's basically Cocaine Cowboys, but it goes into greater detail than the first one. It has something like 40 minutes of new footage.

Citizen Four

citizenfour_poster.jpg

So apparently while Edward Snowden was in the preparing stages of releasing his information, before the public even knew his name, cameras were rolling as he started leaking information to Glenn Greenwald of The Guardian. The film follows Snowden from his first meetings with Greenwald, through his first days as a world reknowned whistle-blower and up to his first days in Moscow.

I found it extremely interesting to watch these events unfold from Snowdens perspective as they were happening. He talks quite in depth about the surveillance programs he helped construct and run during his tenure with the NSA.

Yes, he is under the spot lights now. It would be interesting to see how he thinks of this entire thread he trigged

Bridgend on Netflix. About a town plagued with young teens committing suicide. It's like these kids did it out of curiosity

I recently watched Blackfish, a documentary on Netflix about how killer whales are being mistreated by the owners of Sea World. It covers many differents orcas but the star of the show is a poor whale named Tilikum. It was very sad to see such beautiful majestic creatures in captivity. To go from swimming a hundred miles a day to being confined in a small tank is unimaginably unbearable. No wonder these whales go crazy. Humans go crazy in incarceration and whales have brains even more developed then our own! They have the ability to sense things on a much deeper level as is described in the documentary.

I remember being taken to watch a show at Sea World when I was very young in Orlando, Florida. This is a memory that I have fond feelings for, but now realize it is a shame what those whales must have been feeling at the time of my nostalgic happy memory. Free Tilikum and all animals held in captivity in inhumane conditions.

I saw that a few months ago, very sad indeed

Citizen Four

citizenfour_poster.jpg

So apparently while Edward Snowden was in the preparing stages of releasing his information, before the public even knew his name, cameras were rolling as he started leaking information to Glenn Greenwald of The Guardian. The film follows Snowden from his first meetings with Greenwald, through his first days as a world reknowned whistle-blower and up to his first days in Moscow.

I found it extremely interesting to watch these events unfold from Snowdens perspective as they were happening. He talks quite in depth about the surveillance programs he helped construct and run during his tenure with the NSA.

Excellent documentary

I recently watched Blackfish, a documentary on Netflix about how killer whales are being mistreated by the owners of Sea World. It covers many differents orcas but the star of the show is a poor whale named Tilikum. It was very sad to see such beautiful majestic creatures in captivity. To go from swimming a hundred miles a day to being confined in a small tank is unimaginably unbearable. No wonder these whales go crazy. Humans go crazy in incarceration and whales have brains even more developed then our own! They have the ability to sense things on a much deeper level as is described in the documentary.

I remember being taken to watch a show at Sea World when I was very young in Orlando, Florida. This is a memory that I have fond feelings for, but now realize it is a shame what those whales must have been feeling at the time of my nostalgic happy memory. Free Tilikum and all animals held in captivity in inhumane conditions.

Yeah, same with the elephants who are used to give tourists rides and who do tricks and stuff in places like Thailand, they are really badly mistreated, shackled, whipped, starved and all sorts of horrible stuff, there's no way I will support or pay to see anything like this... Terribly sad. :(

Last edited:
Just watched Living On One Dollar. Very insightful. Makes me appreciate what I have. If I had the opportunity to do what these guys did I would. Also I now find myself inspired to learn Spanish.

Citizen Four

citizenfour_poster.jpg

This was truly amazing to watch even when you knew everything that was going to happen because it had happened. what made it so compelling was Edward Snowden himself--his integrity, his calm and measured thought process, his vulnerability. I already admired the guy for what he did but the film made me really like him. (Which is different from how I feel about Asange; in his case I respect what he did but find him irritating as a person.)

Indeed very interesting. I haven´t seen it yet. I wonder if this movie is neutral. Sometimes we feel manipulated by the way some films are edited.

The sound of incects.
It's about a guy writing memuars of how he went into the woods to starve himself to death In a plastic tent. Surreal.

@ erikmen. That's subjective. How the fuck are you making a profound statement like that if you never saw it? How pompous.