• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

The Large and Nifty Not-quite-advanced Drug Chemistry, Pharmacology and More Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Lucid Pet:

Sounds like a nasty emulsion you got there. Speaking from experience with liquid-liquid extraction emulsions, they can be a BITCH to break. Sometimes you can dump a bunch of salt in the aqueous phase (salt-out) and that MAY help to break it up, but given that you are working with butter (and soap) instead of clean organic solvents, I'd imagine there isn't much you can do.

Rubbing alcohol will NOT help, as it is both miscible with the water and butter and would worsen the emulsion. If its a small amount of soap I say just eat it anyway, worst it will do is give you diarrhea.

Good luck!

@ a lucid pet:

Dude, this is going to be a bitch seeing as there are a ton of different chemicals in there just to prevent it from forming layers again.
http://www.colgate.com/app/Palmolive/US/EN/Product-Ingredients.cwsp

I'd hazard a guess that maybe adding salt to lower the freezing point of the water MIGHT allow you to have the budder precipitate out if you froze it again which you could then process to see what happens. It would let you remove some of the water if it worked out, but I think you'd still have a soap/cannabinoid/butter sludge left over but more concentrated.

What was once large and nifty is now Big and Banging

(this thread grew large enough to warrant gestating offspring and heading to the retirement home :p)

ebola

Status
Not open for further replies.