• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-DPT Thread

taken 12mg 4-ho-dpt, grinded it very fine and dissolved it with some heat in 2.5ml sterile 0.9% NaCl injectionsolution, only a very few particles remainded. Drawed it through a 0.2 ym filter, let it cool - and got a very clean transparent solution. shot it IM in both tigh's. no physical/mental discomfort. it was a very very slight nice trip, a light dpt-dreamy-state, more physical as psychedelic, it felt very safe, baseline after 1.5 - 2 hrs. i guess the real fun begins on much higher dosages. next try with 20mg :)

^I'm glad you were finely able to IM it. I've used it six times in total now and I love it. It's hard to believe it's taken so long for such a treasure to make its debut on the wider market. I agree that it starts showing its true colors at higher dosages. I think by chopping up the chunks very finely and using acid and heat for a long time I'll be able to IM a 50 mg dose some day.

I feel that 4-ho-DPT is every bit as powerful as DPT in the right setting, because last night I had a very difficult experience after I combined just 16 mg insufflated with DXM and then took 3 mL GBL while attempting to go to sleep some 3 hours after dosing. I got caught in the same experiential loops I've been trapped in by DPT in the past, this time centering around the idea of growing evermore exhausted but being unable to fall asleep. I was hoping to pass out by taking the GHB, but the 4-ho-DPT had other plans.

I grew increasingly delirious and dizzy from the GHB as the symbolic maelstrom of luminous ideographs from 4-ho-DPT whirled around me. I had a vision of a picture of my father as a young man, the age he was when he conceived me with my mother, floating in a miniature boat in the middle of a vast and still ocean. I was made to realize that there exists some external causality in the creation of myself, and that as punishment for my arrogance in entertaining the idea that there wasn't in the face of so much experiential evidence to the contrary I would be re-born again as a baby and be forced to live my life over from infancy.

This series of visions and ideas repeated over and over again in my mind every few seconds. Every time it looped over I would hear a sound sparking around me in wispy flits and flutters, like a singing saw in the dark or the music of champagne glasses in a vast space. These "sparks" were accompanied by electrical jolts, and I could see my hands spasm and tremble as I rolled around the bed during the terror of the sunrise. At the same time I was laughing manically and being buffeted by fusillades of flash-bulb ecstatic bliss. I was drowning in the joy of the wellspring of my own causality, a spiritual torture at once satisfying and mad. Finally I begged forgiveness, and immediately I felt relief. I knew I was in the presence of my “creator” and "maintainer," whatever that means, and that it would grant me solace soon. I twitched in bed for a few minutes longer until I finally passed out. I've only just now awakened, and have come downstairs to type this post.

I don’t mean this to be a warning to those using this substance; it seems fairly gentle in the lower dosage range. But for me it’s different. In the past my mind has shifted the nature of my DPT trips into something far more psychologically challenging than they were before in order to fulfill a new philosophical purpose I needed it for, and likewise, during this episode with 4-ho-DPT I feel that a deeper aspect of myself was able to recognize DPT’s likeness in 4-ho-DPT and exploit its properties to bring about this traumatic but extraordinarily substantial growth experience.

Last edited:
So yesterday I finally had the time to try this a 2nd time.

Instead of my roughly 20mg I tried last time, I decided to push it up to 28mg this time.

I again tripped with my best friend and he decided to take 15mg of 2c-e which he ingested around 3:30pm. We decided to put up my nice teak lawn chairs in my backyard and appreciate the nice weather until he'd feel the first effects.

It took around an hour for the 2c-e to kick and then we went inside, sat down in the living room and turned on the TV. I divided the 4-ho-dpt into two equal lines and insufflated them 10min apart.

I started to feel effects almost immediately, my heart started to pound and I started sweating pretty bad. But like the last time the come-up wasn't too bad.

I started to get first visuals around 10min after I had insufflated the 2nd line, but things didn't get too intense until about 30min later, when we decided to put on some music (Ratatat) and I laid down in the middle of my living room on a big pillow.I turned my head to the side and just kept laying there in that position for the next 2-3hrs.

Those next 2-3hrs were one of the most amazing psychedelic experiences I've ever had. The visuals were beautiful and and extremely colorful.
The whole room was full with rainbow patterns and I saw colors I can't even describe.

After around an hour everything got even more intense and I started to see lots of numbers and letters and eyes and lots of things I can't even describe.I noticed everything got cleared when I had one of my eyes closed and soon everything started to buzz / and pulling on me. Sorry I'm not a native english speaker so its hard to describe. But you guys probably know what I mean. The hallucinations started to get more and more intense and at the climax they pulled on me, this repeated itself every 2min probably. I wanted to let myself go with it but it was very hard and I only succeeded once. Immediately the 4-ho-dpt sucked me into extremely dreamy state, and with one eye open I had one of the the most clear and amazing, i guess you could call it vision, I've ever experienced.
The wooden floor turned into water and suddenly fishes started to jump in and out of the water ( floor ) and swim around. But those fishes weren't normal fishes, they were crayons in all different colors, leaving rainbow trails behind them.

It was amazing but only lasted for about 3min , and sadly I wasn't able let myself get pulled back into this state again. Nevertheless the visuals kept being awesome until around T+4hrs when my friend woke me up from my dreamy state down there on my living room floor and told me that we had to leave for a friends birthday party.
The 8mi bike ride that then followed was pretty nice too but when we arrived at my friends party I was pretty much back at baseline.

Overall this was an amazing experience, but I think I didn't too enought yet. Next time I'll try around 32mg, which should be my sweet spot. I really can't wait but I probably won't be able to trip again in the next 2weeks since I have a pretty busy life.

By the way the mindfuck was a lot more intense than at around 20mg. I had some weird thoughts during this experience mainly over IKEA since there was an IKEA catalog at the other side of the living room, that I was starring at the whole time!

^good report. thanks for sharing.

Lol at tripping about IKEA.
Tripping in IKEA might be fun though :)

The jumping fish hallucination sounds delightful. I love the color and texture of wood grain, so I'm sure I'd find the way 4-ho-DPT riffs off its appearance beautiful. At low doses it has moved me to tears, and at high it has been part of profound visions. Coupled with your report of this elaborate open eye visual 4-ho-DPT is demonstrating itself to have incredible potential.

Delsyd, your idea of tripping in Ikea is inspired. I use to love playing in those fake houses in hardware stores as a kid (I've heard kids often forget the stuff is fake and shit in the display toilets!). I bet if I visited a store like it sufficiently altered it would be extremely nostalgic, not to mention having all those open rooms right next to each other would be surreal on its own.

I'm thinking about dosing 20 - 30 mg 4-ho-DPT insuffated with DXM today. I feel I need to confirm that the seizure-like effects and terrifying visions I had last time were due to my trying to knock myself out with GHB and being totally exhausted during a time when my subconscious mind (or whatever) was determined to keep me awake. I'll post back later or tomorrow if I do.

EDIT: I opted for LSD instead because I wanted a longer experience. I definitely will do the aforementioned combo and post about it eventually, though.

Last edited:
psood0nym, I can't imagine a combination of 4-ho-dpt and DXM to be better than just a higher dose of 20-35mg 4-ho-dpt alone.

The headspace and visual are just so clear and clean. I think, at least for me, the DXM would kind of destroy this nice dreamy DPT state of mind plus give you a not so nice bodyload. I've never experienced any negative physical effects from the 4-ho-dpt.
The trip just feels so clear and nice, I don't think the DXM would make it better. It already feels perfect to me.

I'm really looking forward to pushing it up 32-35mg, which I believe is gonna be my sweet spot, but sadly I don't have time until maybe next weekend or the one after that.

After that I won't have any material left and I'm currently thinking whether to acquire some more of this, or 4-aco-dmt instead. I'm gonna have to give that some thinking, I'd love to get some of both but as a University student I don't have too much money to spend on this hobby.

^DXM has changed into something much different than it used to be for me. Now it's manic and highly euphoric and the dissociated head space is more of a backdrop for the trip's proceedings.

I ended up using 4-ho-DPT on top of LSD and DXM yesterday. I started with 15 mg insufflated and kept using 15 mg redosings every couple hours or so four times throughout the night.

Though light, 4-ho-DPT's character was tangible through the pharmacological dust-up of the DXM, LSD, (and ketamine). After every time I insufflated another line my eyes stretched wide and awake and my body seemed to shimmer like it was being coated in patterns of filigree rime as it rocketed up through the stratosphere and got its nipples licked by the cold flaming tongues of angels in the ethereal realms.

My mouth kept contorting as though it needed to say certain words: "spangled," "shimmering," "star-burst busting." -- my body and the world around me seemed puffed out and on the edge of popping. I went on the roof of my apartment at sunset and watched the swallows dash the sky in lacy jags as they plucked insects from the tree tops. Their routine was so lush and bright and beautiful, and it was if the softened hues of limpid twilight were being wrung into the funnels of my eyes. Each breath then was full and refreshing.

That sounds like you had an awesome time!

And ,well everybody experiences every drug different. It's nice that DXM affects you like that but for me DXM has been tied to a pretty bad bodyload every time and in higher plateaus (3rd or 4th) I always get really awful nausea and stomach pain.
I get some euphoria too but for me it isn't worth the body load and I feel like the dissociation somehow destroys the nice clear headspace of other psychedelics.

I also don't like to combine psychedelics (excluding cannabis here, I usually smoke some during the come-up and come-down to ease the body-load, but I rarely smoke it on it's own) before I've experienced all their effects on their own. I first want to push up the dose a bit and experience 4-ho-dpt's full potential before I start combining it.

Since I don't have enough material for more than one last 30-40mg trip and I'm not sure if I'm gonna acquire more of this material the next weeks , I probably won't be able to combine it with something in the next time. Even though I imagine it might be nice to combine it with some 4-ho-met that I still have lying around. I imagine the visuals to be quite amazing. But at the moment I'm rather tending to acquire some 4-aco-dmt instead of more 4-ho-dpt.

I have a moderate dose of 4-HO-DPT that I am going to try sometime really soon, nasally. I'm pretty excited about it but also not really having very high expectations overall. I'm just waiting for a nice day to spend outside that isn't my 2nd wedding anniversary. :D

Sounds interesting.

Perhaps the compound has lower bioavailability orally because the hydrophobic propyl substitutions dont let it pass digestive membranes so easily, so more is broken down before that. Is the oral comeup slower than with oral psilocin? Because that would compound this theory.

So far, I'm not sold.

But then again I think DPT is the most useful psychedelic. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, etc.

I think I have a trend in that I MUCH prefer the free phenols over their substitutes. DiPT, DPT, DMT, DET, MET and AMT are all far superior than any of their ring-substituted analogues IME.

^I have yet to try it at higher dosages. I really want to do 50 mg IM before I level any final judgment, but I love it so far. I guess it is pretty similar to DPT, though I'd say the closed I visuals are a little more sparkly, the iconography is more intricate and colorful, and the ego dissolution is a little less strong comparatively. DPT is so unique, and so even though 4-ho is similar to it, unlike the other 4 substituted tryptamines it's nothing like psilocin, which still makes it pretty unique. The sense that every thing is shrouded in soft velveteen flames is a little stronger, too. There most be something else novel about it as well, as I don't get the odd experiential loops on it I've been getting consistently during DPT trips for over a year now either.

I've never tried this oral since the insufflated dose is pretty low.
I don't see any point in wasting material with trying this oral.

I actually prefer 4-HO-DPT over DPT. I've only tried DPT twice, around 2years ago, with 75mg and 125mg insufflated doses and both times I experienced severe nausea. With 4-HO-DPT I don't get any noticeably bodyload effects.
The mindfuck isn't nearly as strong with the 4-HO version but for me the OEV's are a lot more colorful and clearer.
The 4-HO-DPT's high just feel so clean without any noticeable body effects but an slightly elevated heart rate and the DPT-like dreamy state of mind/body, which isn't really negative.

But I think I still haven't experienced 4-HO-DPT's full potential, so I'll report back after I've had my 35mg experience.

After the 36mg nasal dose, I feel I still could have gone significantly higher without any trouble. May have to get more. I would love to see how this one goes at 50-60mg...

^I started feeling the effects within about 2 minutes, and I went from relatively sober to full on tripping in the about 15 minutes it took to walk to where the fireworks were being held. There was no paranoia about being surrounded by hundreds of people, but the klonopin made have had a hand in that. The come up was very fast, but not in an overwhelming way. The visuals were very beautiful. The fireworks left impressions in my visual field that lasted a significant amount of time. The trails and such left by the fireworks would flash, sort of like lightning. There were a lot of morphing/twisting type of visuals once it got dark. Before that there was extreme color enhancement and a lot of molten surface effects, but nothing overwhelming. The sida seemed to give a nice energy boost to a somewhat sedate feeling substance. Total time to baseline (not counting beer of course ;)) was about 5 and a half hours. Ate a big taco salad after a few beers. No nausea at any time throughout. Slept without issue about 11 hours after dosing, but I probably could have far sooner, especially considering the beer and klonopin. All in all, a great time.

So I had some 4-HO-DPT today, a single dose as a gift from a friend. I had a really nice evening. The 4-HO-DPT was probably around 32mg snorted (36mg but it stuck to the bag quite a bit). It slowly progressed into a very, very relaxed and lightweight pleasantness. I felt more empathic and sociable. I felt sparkly and alive, hanging out both outside and in.

At about 2 hours or so it hadn't progressed for a while and I found myself wanting. So I decided to try adding 2C-B. So I plugged 10mg, which would ordinarily be quite a light dose for me. Before long, a wonderful state developed. They combined really beautifully. I found myself sitting outside with some freshly grilled food, my eyes closing involuntarily and fluttering from pleasure. I felt like I was wrapped in a warm but refreshing blanket of luxuriousness... the body sensations were wonderful. I felt almost a bit drunk, in the best way; I found myself a bit clumsy and I would occasionally slur. I found myself wanting to snuggle, so I did. I also found myself babbling on every so often, just because it felt good to talk.

Overall, I'd like to acquire some more of this so that I could use it in combination with 2C-B, and try it with others as well. It seemed to really bring out the best in 2C-B, or maybe 2C-B brought out the best in it, even though by itself it was quite subtle (but nice).

Nice experience. :) I think I'll try to write a trip report. Though I've got a lot of other writing to do. But seeing as how it's such an obscure one, I really feel like I should.

I took the 4-HO-DPT at exactly 5:15pm... it's been almost 7 hours and I still feel really nice. I hit the bong a few times throughout, which went very nicely. I've had a bit of a bleary-eyed feeling for a while, like I could fall asleep and feel great doing it, but I'd rather stay up a bit. :)

I now think 35 mg insufflated is probably a little low for a plus three. That's been my standard dose, but it's often been in concert with other psychedelics. I'll probably do 50 mg when I next take it alone.

I definitely agree with your description of it as "sparkly and alive," Xorkoth. I always get this body feeling like I've started a really great muscle stretch, and then right at the most achingly pleasurable point the feeling just freezes in place and my heart swells with warm light until it permeates my skin in firework crackles of resplendence.

Again, in my experience it's closest to DPT but without the body vibration (at this level at least) and with less ego dissolution. It also seems like DPT's tendency to coat all facets of perception in plush velveteen textures is even more pronounced in 4-ho-DPT.

It slips into an LSD trips like a fresh naked body into a silk robe, and with aMT it's sheer beaming bliss.

Awesome. :)

As a follow-up, I woke up today after about 6 hours of sleep and I feel fantastic. The euphoria never went away... it feels like I've been realigned. For now at least. :) I feel very relaxed yet energetic.