Not open for further replies.

silence

Bluelighter
*** Official Iowa & Minnesota Roll Call***

Name:
Aim:
Interests:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm from central Minnesota, if any of you wanna go to a party or somethin my aim name is desiredgirl420

Im not from Iowa or Minnesota (I used to go to school in Iowa, but anyway)... just wanted to add that the Quest is indeed a great club. Lots of interesting rooms to run around it.
Do they still have the forest room with the fountain! Hahah.

yea, anyhoot
hey, my name is lance, new here, from st paul minnesota, i'm 21, my aim is uthkuknwme, and if u wanna know parties in the minneapolis area, im me, mnvibe doesnt really have many good parties anymore, but me and a couple friends have been throwing some damn good parties lately =)

Name: DJ_177d177a
Aim: I'll get ahold of you just ask
Location: Tearing up the Twin Cities since birth, partying since the early 90's, much love !

representin moohead mn, attending the university here...and at the quest, there still is the ascot room with the fountain, 3d and e-sassin tore up that room on jan 4th, along with nigel richards, donald glaude and frankie bones playing in the main room...a fun night.

Yo! I'm from Minneapolis... my homegirl/chica/ass-slapper-extraordinaire from Fargo reminded me of this site at the Plush 1-year Anniversary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mighty Mouse
Apple Valley
AIm: g22angel1
SUp all any parties let me know, if not hit up 12" on the 21st of Feb.

yO, I missed 12' but are you going to alpha, if so look for me and cum say hi, or kiss me! hahah my nicknames waldo, and if you know the name you know how to find me by my clothing. I'll be flying high on the blue doves!

Wasup all....
Representin MPL$....
If any of you ever went to the parties @ the GURU coffee shop on Nicollet or Le chateau you know me ;)

Iowa

After reading through the guidelines, I can't see that this post will be stepping on any toes, but if so feel free to close/move it.
(the iowa roll call thread doesn't seem to cover what I need it to)

A lot of my extended family lives in IA, and there's a pretty good chance my mom will be moving out there to be closer to everyone sometime in the next few months :)() I was just wondering what sort of night life (if any) there is?
My mom will probably be moving somewhere in the greater Des Moines area, and I was just wonderin what I may be able to do if I go out to visit.. or even, gasp, decide to relocate out there with her. (I would rather stay at CSU then go to ISU though me thinks)
Also, this part may tread lightly on the guidelines, but what genres are hot out there? That's if there's really anything out there period.

thanks

ummm, don't go there. i actually am not even convinced it's a real state...

noizia said:
ever seen the movie Whiteboyz? :D

actually, I haven't. am I living in a cave?

ummm, don't go there. i actually am not even convinced it's a real state...
my chances of moving there are slim, it's more of a visiting issue.. don't want to be bored off my ass if I head out that way.

If I could find a rave in Lawrence,KS then I would think there'd be some in the Des Moines area.

Hmm, I dont know....

You could just browse bluelight from time to time and look for upcoming shows in Iowa. That's usually how I find out whats going on where... Or find some local Iowa message board and make good with the people on there...

Uh, what Blue Adonis said.

You can run internet searches for Iowa and clubs/raves/music whatever. Or try anything "college" related as the college towns (if you're close to them) are probably your only chance. That, or run away to a nearby state, or join the travelling circus.

You can run a search on our forum for anything related to Iowa. Though, to my recollection, nothing has ever happened in Iowa. I think we got it in the MW forum by default, like somebody had to take it (just joking, I'm sure it's not as much of a stepchild as Ohio is in most people's minds).

Honestly, though...I think you're screwed. Bring a DiscMan and count the rows of corn.

A Nowhere Native

Hi BigCat

I'm actually from Iowa so I guess my opinion is worth reading. Well Iowa is definately not the coolest place to live, but not everything about it is worthless. Yes, there are raves here...but I'm most likely not the size you're used to. But, KC Minneapolis, chicago, st louis are all within driving distances so there are options. And if you are changing school DO NOT GO TO ISU!! U of I is the place to be. And honestly, Iowa city (where it's located) is without a doubt the coolest city in iowa. Des Moines is a shithole full of old people with nothing to do. Iowa City has tons to do, not to mention 40 bars with in 3 blocks!!! But if you want to know anymore let me know.

`kizool (Jen)

thanks for the info :)

the only thing about ISU is that if I were to move out there it'd be to be with my mom, and she'll be movin into the Des Moines area.

Free housing is the best.

but I doubt I'll be transferring. More lookin for stuff to do if I go to visit (if she moves)

Status
Not open for further replies.