• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Pets MEGA Cats VS Dogs - POLL!

The Big Question - Cat v's Dog

• Total voters
i understand why you're freaking with a young baby across the road an increasingly psychotic sounding episodes from your dog.

best of luck sorting this shit out!

Yea i really wish they had mental hospitals for dogs cuz then there would be a place for her. (joke, mental hospitals are shitty)

i really dunno much about dog training. my family have two dogs and they're peaceful even if not well-behaved. my neighbour firmly believes in traditional upbringing... by that he means if your dog becomes violent just beat him with a stick till he can hardly walk. teach him a lesson, so to speak. he'll remember that one and won't misbehave again. Pavlovian conditioning basically. All you gotta do afterwads is raise your voice and he'll know what's coming if he follows his instinct to attack...

Dunno what to think of that approach though. I have no doubt it works, but it's also how people were brought up by their parents in the olden days. One behaves not cos one has understood and truly changed but only for fear of consequences. Bit like in A Clockwork Orange. Not really great that. I hate authority because I was brought up like that a bit.

you know, you could always make an "anonymous" call to animal control.

if the dog is as bad as you say, even as a dog lover, i would not hesitate to have it put down. BC i AM a dog lover, is why i would do this. every time a dog is responsible for an attack, the entire breed is maligned. not to mention it is the owners responsibility to their neighbors and friends.

anyway, call animal control and share with them your concerns. ask if they will pretend it was an anonymous call. they should understand, as they are family. and they can require your parents to take care of this dog in some way. not sure what lengths they can go to seeing as how noone has complained, but it may be an option. could wake your parents up to the legal ramification.

Ximot said:
by that he means if your dog becomes violent just beat him with a stick till he can hardly walk. teach him a lesson, so to speak. he'll remember that one and won't misbehave again. Pavlovian conditioning basically. All you gotta do afterwads is raise your voice and he'll know what's coming if he follows his instinct to attack...Dunno what to think of that approach though.
One behaves not cos one has understood and truly changed but only for fear of consequences.

Dude, its a dog. she cant change because she truly understands the consequences of her behaviour and wishes to make a change in her life. she cares about licking her asshole, and eating the fur off her ass, and cat food cans. thats about as far as it goes, so while bein good only out of the fear of consequences is a shitty way for a human to live , that aint somethin i would worry about here. ;)

The worst part of it all is after some shit goes down she knows she been bad and will go back to her cute, timid mode, sometimes she will go right into the bathroom where she gets locked up, without anyone even puttin her there, like she didnt even want to attack but some urge in her mysterious dog brain made her do it. if she was a human she would need tpsycho therapy hard core but that aint much of a choice here.:\

shits pretty confusing even with all the advice still.

lacey k said:
Dude, its a dog. she cant change because she truly understands the consequences of her behaviour and wishes to make a change .

no actually that is exactly what pavlovian conditioning is.
http://employees.csbsju.edu/tcreed/pb/pavcon.html

if a horrible event happens immediately after the fits, she will not want to stop them. unless the fits are more enjoyable than the event, i guess....anyway....

take this example. my dog, while still a puppy used to bite when trying to pet her, just as play of course. but what i would do is put her on the bed, and pet her, and when she would nip and play, stop petting. then start, repeat. repeat ad nauseum.

well guess who is the only one in my family who can pet the dog without her going into a crazy licking playing nipping frenzy. yeah, me. it is simple behavioral conditiong, basic training you use on a pet, and it works. fine tuning it to your dog is another matter.

No, i think the dude was saying "if the only reason you be good is cuz youre scared of what happens if you aint good, then you aint really aware of whats goin on, just acting out of wantin to avoid somethin negative." and i was sayin, thats as far as youre gonna get with a dog, it aint like she can be good for the desire and understanding that she really wants to do the right thing, like a human can.

noone ever brought up good for desire and understanding, he just said beat cujo's ass till he learns "aggressive = bad ass beating" i.e. pavlov

and that is what you want to do, stop the bad behavior.

not saying i agree with it, but i would consider that as a last resort before euthanasia, for sure. i know plenty of big dogs that get/have gotten their ass beat and they are/were damn good dogs.

Koehler method off training

look it up....obviuosly you have trained the bitch to be a spoilt dog and not knowing when is acceptable behaviour...overfeeding her is a big no no as well !

To fix this problem before it gets out of hand is too give her a firm correction when she is aggressive....beating her with a stick is not effective....what you need to get is a choke chain and a 15" lead....take her for a walk on this 15" lead and whenever she displays aggression off any kind....lift her high off the ground till she is literally choking, dont look at her...just do it methodically and without any feelings..you can say the words firmly NO if you want...if she tries to bite you just keep her in the air and she will eventually calm down...Do this all the time, I repeat you have to do it without mercy as an undercorrection will cause more bad then good...a proper correction will see you do less off them as the message is clearly understood.
Set up situations where you KNOW THE BAD BEHAVIOUR IS RAMPANT....ie around the cats, around the can off food, get people to walk by etc...this may seems cruel but if you read Koehlers training in dogs you will understand it is the way it is...especially for hard headed dogs and in his training off over thousands off dogs he has never permanently injured any.

You will off course have to enforce who is boss...

I have an american staffy and gave him the koehler method and he is the best dog now....good around other dogs and kids and i even let him walk the front yard by himself, and if you knew amstaffs they are very animal aggressive ! its all about asserting WHO IS BOSS !!!

Last edited:
Fuck dogs they should Die.

got attacked twice by my neighboors dog and several times by mine or should I say my parents dog.

My parens used a sort of ultra sound device to keep the dog away.(humans cant hear it but dogs apparently do and its very loud for them)..so you might want to use it , but hey what can a stupid dog do when its lying around on the table? EAT IT ... I really hate dogs , theyr utter bullshit.

Last edited:
^^^Good info man....Yep, i just wanna say that when you got a house of 5 people and only one of them (me) trys to enforce anything with the dog, it dont work as good. this whole time i been watching as the lil' shit gets worse n worse. I guess im just sayin - dont blame me, i been tryin!;) Ill look up a book on this Kohler guy and see if it can work......shoulda been done much eariler if you ask me but no one wants to do a thing til the shit hits the fan, not thinkin that if they did it before the shit hits the fan it never woulda hit the damn fan.

I'd rather kick my dogs ass and have her learn a lesson than kill 'er off too DM.

Its weird.......i never thought that ONE animal could change the way i view animals so much....i used to think you gotta be firm and strick with animals, but loving and kind , you know, show em what sup without hurtin em, and all that , and never hurt them intentionally. but now im almost like "Hell yea ill beat that dog!" ;) No, not really, i aint that kind of person but its just amazing to me how my whole philosophy changed up with this one.

Well even if you get the dog to behave around you, it won't actually work unless your family does the same. If the dog knows that it can get away with it when you aren't there it will just keep doing this stuff. And it WILL know that it can, dogs are a lot smarter than most people think they are. Pretty much, if the rest of your family won't enforce the training you give it, training it it will be useless because it will do the same shit whenever you aren't there.

fennec fox. that's my next:

Ad-Photo-1267-1.jpg

wesmdow said:
i hate little dogs. nasty little buggers--makes me want to punt them.

I have to agree about the little dogs. I once saw a TV show where they had this chihuahua with a disgusting growth - shaped like a vacuous heiress to a multi-billion dollar fortune, attached to it. Eurghh.

wesmdow said:
my friend also agreed to a cat-- i got him to hold a kitten, and just like with crack, (where the first hits free), hes hooked. score.

That has to be the truest and funniest thing I heard all week=D