Enough. Reform the lounge already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjones

Bluelighter
This is a harm reduction website. The Lounge is a degenerate forum where some of the more contemptible individuals go to act like total assholes and pass it off as "it's the lounge! It isn't serious."

WHY THE FUCK DOES A HARM REDUCTION SITE, and a great one at that, have a cesspool like the lounge?

All it does it cause problems and start fights. Whatever value it adds could still be added without all the insults and other garbage.

And now some of the most worthless former members , along with some current members (I assume), have decided to create fake accounts on redlight.com using the same username and avatar as people here on this site, solely for the purpose of mocking them. What a pathetic group of losers. Are they trying to justify their own bans even further?

WHAT THE FUCK? Should it be a surprise that people who are assholes in the lounge ACTUALLY ARE ASSHOLES? It shouldn't, but I guess to many here it is.

I understand the need and use for a forum of light discussion about random topics. BUT WHY DOES THAT FORUM have to allow people to be complete assholes and pass it off as some kind of fun? WHAT FUCKING GOOD HAS THAT DONE ANYONE OR ANYTHING?

The Lounge could be so much better if the rules on the rest of the site were applied.

I was actually mildly amused when reading what the fake FJones says on that site. It was a reasonably good parody of me but it failed to truly capture the essense of my bitterness and anger. So, they failed, as usual.

But regardless, I still wonder why that site is even necessary.

The Lounge allows so much shit that it should NOT allow in the first place, and then the results are undesirable. Why not jsut curtail shitty behavior ion the first place before people spend years on a site and then get banned? Then they are upset because their years of time have resulted in a banned account.

Useful input from one of the failures himself. Nicely done sir. Thanks for contributing.

If you don't like what's on TV, change the channel

And if you object to murder and child molestation, just look in a different direction? What the fuck?

My post was about a foum that has run amok and isn't esepcially valuable to this site, and your answer is to "read a different forum."

ok.

yeah um i'm confused... and curious about this redlight...

Pff. Big deal. It's good for a laugh, and sometimes something good does indeed come out of it.

For eaxample, I've been enjoying the nudie thread.

Pff. Big deal. It's good for a laugh, and sometimes something good does indeed come out of it.

For eaxample, I've been enjoying the nudie thread.
maybe we should just have a nudie forum

Fjones said:
Useful input from one of the failures himself. Nicely done sir. Thanks for contributing.
Useless ad hominem. Disappointing in a supposed champion of productive rhetoric.

GREAT all we did is to get more people to join. Fucking wonderful.
Look, now we don't even need the lounge at all.

Well, really...what do you expect BL mods/admins to do about something that is going on on another site?

Pillthrill said:
GREAT all we did is to get more people to join. Fucking wonderful.
Look, now we don't even need the lounge at all.
Well did you think that this thread was invisible. Did I crash a private party? You want everyone to agree with you? Wtf?

Useless ad hominem. Disappointing in a supposed champion of productive rhetoric.

It is not an Ad Hominum. He is one of the moderators of the lounge who has presided over the mess it has become. Thus, he is one of the people who failed at keeping it a civil forum.

How is that an Ad Hominum? It is not an Ad Hominum to point the failure of someone who has failed.

Yes, the redlight site might be mildly amusing in some cases (The Fake FJones is actually a tamer version of the real thing), but that isn't the point.

I was suggesting a way to IMPROVE THIS SITE. I wasn't suggesting we moderate the fake site at all, I was suggesting we reconsider how the lounge is run here, because I don't see how any good comes of it.

Enki, if you wish to encourage the meaningless kind of remark that was made by THAT GUY, then so be it. But I found his comment to be useless and pointless. Of course he isn't going to add anything to the discussion. If he acknowledged that the lounge is a collection of garbage, he would be acknowledging his own failure.

I know that if something sucks I can look away. So what? We should never fix anything that is broken; we should just look away? I do not subscribe to that philosophy, especially NOT IN A HARM REDUCTION SITE.

No, I just wasn't thinking ahead. Nothing new.
But I still do believe there should be SAFE lounge threads.

Well, really...what do you expect BL mods/admins to do about something that is going on on another site?

Nothing. I expect them to do a better job on THIS site. Maybe they are, hence the banning of the various losers who moved over to redlight.

Fjones said:

Fjones said:
How is that an Ad Hominum? It is not an Ad Hominum to point the failure of someone who has failed.
It was a post with name calling and sarcasm and no other content that I can perceive.
If I explain my reservations about your lack of social skills there would be content, if I call you a social retard its name calling aka an ad hominem.

Neaner-neaner.

I like being able to read something stupid after arguing about the finer points of neuroscience or something like that without changing urls. Just be glad there is a place for the trolls to go. Consider it harm-reduction. Anyway, I'm out of this thread. Ciao.

It is not an Ad Hominum. He is one of the moderators of the lounge who has presided over the mess it has become. Thus, he is one of the people who failed at keeping it a civil forum.

Yes, the redlight site might be mildly amusing in some cases (The Fake FJones is actually a tamer version of the real thing), but that isn't the point.

I was suggesting a way to IMPROVE THIS SITE. I wasn't suggesting we moderate the fake site at all, I was suggesting we reconsider how the lounge is run here, because I don't see how any good comes of it.

Enki, if you wish to encourage the meaningless kind of remark that was made by THAT GUY, then so be it. But I found his comment to be useless and pointless. Of course he isn't going to add anything to the discussion. If he acknowledged that the lounge is a collection of garbage, he would be acknowledging his own failure.

I know that if something sucks I can look away. So what? We should never fix anything that is broken; we should just look away? I do not subscribe to that philosophy, especially NOT IN A HARM REDUCTION SITE.

You want to know where I stand?

I'm here in the middle of a bunch of pissed off staff that are trying to get things straightened out with the forum and you starting this thread to cry about how it is useless and pointless.

It is an "off-topic" forum for a reason. That is why it exists. If it did not exist, than threads in every other forum on this site would be taken off topic by side conversations. If you want something to change, change it yourself. Because from where I sit, there are hundreds of different people showing up there week after week, going to see their friends and crack jokes that new people to the club might not understand.

Is some of it crass? Yes. Does some of it go too far? Yes. However, there are currently four men assigned to filtering that content. Have you seen how many posts the lounge gets in a day? 1000's. Were you there to help direct the forum when it was growing up? Have you tried to add worthwhile content to the forum without turning it into an argument when someone disagrees with you? Have you even given money to help keep the site alive?

From my perspective, you are just an armchair quarterback sitting in your home pointing out all of the things that have gone wrong that need to be fixed. You have no intention of trying to do anything to fix them yourself. You are being selfish.

I took that position this past October. Just like with our new president in the US, it takes time for things to change and get better. Until you start doing something beyond complaining about it, then you have no room to complain about it.

If you don't like what's on, then change the channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.