Enough. Reform the lounge already

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Good point, however, It seems as if the lounge is suggesting "Hey, if you feel like playing the fool, why not hop on Bluelight and vent your frustrations".

And, as I'm sure you are well aware, these people's behaviors do not always stay in the lounge, yet hinder other's concentration on other sections of Bluelight.

I think that Lounge-like behavior exists almost exclusively in the Lounge. I've very rarely seen it leak out, and when it does it's dealt with promptly enough to be a non-issue.

How members use the Lounge should be the least of anyone's worries. They should spend more time on how members are using the other parts of this site. If people want to vent their frustrations in the Lounge, let them. If they want to post memes, let them. I assume the Lounge was originally created as a place for people with a lot in common to socialize, not as a place for Administrators to hand-pick people to exclude from access to the Drug Safety information on this site by banning them. I think there's something seriously wrong when the majority of non-spam bannings on a Harm Reduction website are the result of things posted in it's Social forum, not the forums that encompass the main purpose of the site. It's like kicking people out of a waiting room and barring them from Doctors' services because a few people find them annoying.

so the 3 people that were banned recently are now somehow unable to read the rest of the site?

gimme a break.

Would you stick around if you were banned? Would you feel like you were as much a part of the community as when you were a member? Would you contribute as much? This isn't your personal club. It's a website here to serve people. You can't expect them to keep coming back after being banned. I'll give you a break when you get a clue.

I said nothing about ClubbinGuido or anyone in particular. I am noting tendancy of the type of individuals who frequent the lounge more than any other Bluelight forums.

Bluelight is the most well informed and proactive psychoactive site on the internet. Why encourage fuckarounds to disrupt people who are trying to educate themselves. This is not a place for people to anonymously troll around and bother everyone. God damnit, most of the internet is like that. Is it too bold of an idea for people to be cool and serious about something, anything other than their need to act out?

Every other forum on Bluelight is cool and serious. I don't think allowing people to act like idiots in one social forum is going to detract from that, and I think shunning them for it, or worse; banning them for it, is counterproductive to the goals this site claims to have. You're supposed to appeal to as many types of people as possible. Not push away those that don't fit your definition of acceptable.

I am not suggesting banning anyone for being silly. I just hate stereotypes, and seek to overcome them. That should be foremost the mind of every Bluelighter.

As a community, we are not stupid druggies. Thats obvious. We don't 'do drugs'. We study medicine.

I am not suggesting banning anyone for being silly. I just hate stereotypes, and seek to overcome them. That should be foremost the mind of every Bluelighter.

As a community, we are not stupid druggies. Thats obvious. We don't 'do drugs'. We study medicine.

Understandable. I think that there are other forums on Bluelight that embody stereotypes much more than the Lounge does.

In the end, isn't a Social forum just a place for people to chat with people they can relate to? That's why some people stick to the European Social forum, because that's where people they relate to post. That's why some people post in Drug Culture, because they relate to what's posted there. And that's why some people prefer the Lounge. Anyone from any of those groups can choose to read or not read any of the others' forums. The important thing is that they're members, and they're posting on Bluelight at all. This site seems to suffer the same delusions as the entire Education Industry in the United States. It forgets it's a Service Industry. It's sole purpose is to serve its Patrons.

Mariposa said:
I am in my late 20s.

At least one, and probably two, of the admins are younger than me.

At least three (that I know of) and probably four smods are younger than me.

There is an age poll in Second Opinion right now that may more effectively answer your other questions regarding Bluelighters' ages.

Alright, I stand corrected. You all may not be a decade older than the core audience on this site, but being 7 years older isn't much different and I think my point is still valid.

^ so are you suggesting anarchy is the best solution? with no guidelines? or staff? and especially senior staff?

I am in my late 20s.

At least one, and probably two, of the admins are younger than me.

At least three (that I know of) and probably four smods are younger than me.

There is an age poll in Second Opinion right now that may more effectively answer your other questions regarding Bluelighters' ages.

Mid twenties here (actually, as mid as you can get). My partner is a year older so that makes him certainly under 30.

GM: What does age have to do with it anyway? Does passing over the threshold of 30 automatically make you "uncool" or uptight? There are plenty of people who post in the Lounge currently who are 25 and older. I guess don't see the point.

^ so are you suggesting anarchy is the best solution? with no guidelines? or staff? and especially senior staff?

No. I'm suggesting replacing current Senior Staff with people better fit to do the job.

Who would you select then? I'm quite curious to know. How are we doing such a lousy job? What exactly would please you GM?

OK.

GM, this thread had about a 1% chance of actually achieving something useful, but your tired old agenda has just killed it dead.

CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.