Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

99% Caffeine Anhydrous (Sublimated) - Very Experienced - Phase Change

nuke

Bluelighter
Caffeine readily sublimates with minimal degradation, making it almost ideal for heating and inhalation. I am rather addicted to caffeine (I eat about 250mg-400mg a day).

Thus I put about 50mg of caffeine into a piece of foil and used a borosilicate glass tube to inhale. The caffeine vapour is hard to describe but somewhere in between oak and plastic. Being that it sublimes around 80-90C, the sublimated caffeine is very smooth and not uncomfortable to the lungs in any way. The caffeine recrystallizes very quickly upon cooling with a nice crackling sound, and leaves no residue when completely evaporated.

The result was the usual caffeine stimulation within about 2-4 seconds after inhaling. I felt alright after the first hit, but found myself wanting more so I took another couple. Within seconds it was like that feeling an hour and half into a strong cup of coffee. Lots of stimulation and a bit twitchy. Not unpleasant, though.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_caffeine
substancecode_stimulants
explevel_veryexperienced
exptype_positive
roacode_vaporized
roacode_inhaled

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting little account, thanks. :) I'd always been curious as to what vaporized caffeine would be like...

Interesting, I should wire up a vapo to an alarm clock and hit it to help me try and wake up :)

caffeine hates me , even 1 cup of coffee i get the shakes feel queezy and can even smell it in my piss

That would be a hard one to describe to the boss: why you have a burnt piece of tin foil and a glass tube laying on your cup holder at your desk.

"I don't like the way coffee tastes, sir."

Interesting none-the-less.

That would be a hard one to describe to the boss: why you have a burnt piece of tin foil and a glass tube laying on your cup holder at your desk.

"I don't like the way coffee tastes, sir".

ahaha

how would one go about purifying caffeine?

^ why purify it? you can buy pure caffeine on the interwebz

You can easily purify caffeine by extracting it from pills or natural sources and then sublimating it onto a cold finger.

But, yeah, it's also legal in its pure form.

Caffeine Anhydrous CAS No.58-08-2, HS code293930 is a xanthine alkaloid mainly extracted from the seed of the coffee plant and the leaves of the tea bush, available as White or almost white, crystalline powder or silky. Caffeine Anhydrous is the core additive in caffeinated drink.