• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

fever blister/oral sex

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

horribleperson

Please put this in Healthy Living.

I am kind of freaking out right now and I need a little information/personal experiences. I have been breaking out a lot lately due to the increase in hormones (stopped taking bc pill recently and also have PCOS which causes small cysts to form on my face from time to time) as well as an increase in stress. The other day I noticed what appeared to be another cyst forming by my lip. I didn't really think anything about it as I was under the impression they aren't contagious. I gave someone oral sex the other night, again not thinking it was any big deal. Then tonight it hit me. This could be a fever blister. And after I looked closer at it (I try not to pick at my skin), I think it may well be one. What are the chances I transferred it to my partner? Has anyone ever given oral sex with an active blister and had things turn out alright? I am TERRIFIED I have given something to them and I don't know what the hell I would do with myself if that is the case.

Please help me!

additional information

Mods, please put in fever blister/oral sex thread in Healthy Living:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=420375

moonyham -- Fever blisters and cold sores are in the same category from what I have gleaned in my reading of the issue (HSV-1). However, this didn't seem like a fever blister at first and since I just had one of those PCOS related cysts on my chin, I thought it was one of those. In messing with it it seemed to be a blister, but now it is just a little red from picking at it, not what you would see if you googled pictures of cold sores or blisters. Just looks like a slightly angry small zit. Not sure what the hell it is and I know that as soon as I make an appointment to have it tested, it will be gone. That's how it usually works. It is located a little ways away from my mouth, hence my worry.

Furthermore, should I mention this to him? I told him I had some positive paps a while back and he was freaking out over having sex with me and the fact that I could give him HPV (even though I don't know for sure if that was the cause, the never ran the test that determines that). So now, if I DID give him something I know he would be extremely pissed.

Ya pretty bad situation indeed. I would not worry about it, because you will know sooner or later if you gave him herpes. I mean theres no point in having BOTH of you worry about possibly nothing, and it could ruin your friendship on top of that; 'you gave me fucking herpes you bitch, fuck off' comes to mind. So yeah, dont worry about it, if he does have something youll eventually know.

get yourself checked out, then get twice the tablets you need, then crush half of them up in his food/drink :)

The odds are that said person already has one of the herpes strains. If it popped up down there, it would be unfortunate but not something that couldn't happen of it's own accord.

That actually happened to me though...and now I'm that guy+genital herpes. Fuck STI's. Now I have to screen out 80% of potential sex partners. I was gonna start my own self-pity thread but fuck it, I had to say something.

Status
Not open for further replies.