GET LUCKY 3/22/03- Springfield, MA

G

Glowstickpixy

March brings a time of good luck and St. Patrick's Day good luck is a time-honored tradition. America's favorite pasttime is another time-honored tradition. What could be more fun than sex and good luck? We can't think of much! Add a sick line of pumpin' djs and we are primed to present GET LUCKY! It's a pretty simple theme and we can't wait to get wet and wild with all of you for this per-spring fantasy fetish!
To get into the theme we are having our first ever PIMP N' HO CONTEST! OMG WHAAAT? Free comps to every Columns of Knowledge show for a year will be awarded to the couple who can best personify the pimpiness of this evening in fullest effect! Yes that is correct, dress like the best and represent this madness to the max! Preregistration will be required and all contestants must preregister with us via e-mail @ [email protected] we will give you all the details you need! See you there!!!
Get Lucky
Karma Sutra Of Good Fourtune:
MARCO CAROLA
**Zenit, London, UK, www.bluebookings.com**
1st ever Columns apprence! We are drooling over this one guy. Marco Carola stands as one of the techno scene's prime movers. Djing slammin' in your face techno since 1993 and emerging world wide with a 3 deck smooth as slik sound that demands dancefloor destruction and sweat-drippin' appreciation this man personifies the true headliner status: one who educates through his music as well as makes you want to get down something serious! His production credits are numerous, for the last 10 years his studio has been host to the best of the best including Masters at Work. He laid the groundwork for Italy's techno scene with his lable Design Music. Presently running 2 lables: Zenith & Question and touring Canada, Austrailia, Europe, and beyond... We are truly GETTING LUCKY byhaving this man in our house tonight!
**3:15-5:00am**
MICRO
**Caffine, Moonshine, www.djmicro.com, NY** CD release party for "Music Through Me" on Moonshine
A constantly requested favorite of the trance loving community and a long time friend Micro continues to push the sounds of progressive and trance to new levels of excitment with his regular touring schedule all over the US.Thousands upon thousands of cds sold and a vinyl release schedule that keeps the avid followers demanding more, it's never a question that Micro is one of the few that is breacking through the barriers into mass-market domination with his fun-loving yet professional work ethic paried with his ability to stimulate the masses. Get wet!
**1:00-2:00am**
VENOM
**Volume, East Music, RI**
NE #1 head-banger is back! Having released over 80 underground mix tapes and cds under his belt and 6 fully licensed releases, most recent being "Raise the Volume" on Warlock Records new techno offshot Surge Recordings, and his own productions are scheduled to be released on Vagabond Records this year. Hard house fans rejoice, your requests have been answered, and Venoms going to take your shit down hard!
**12:00-1:00am**
EMMA FELINE
**"Feline's selection and mixing is fast and furious, a crowd pleaser" -Ministry of Sound magazine**
At the tender age of 24, Feline has toured across Switzerland, America, Italy, Cyprus and Spain. From the Buzz in Washington DC to The Ministry of Sound in London Feline constantly delivers. these days Feline is recognised as not only a leading female DJ within UK garage, but as one of the main players in her own right. Feline is resident for leading promotion. Twice as nice and is currently the hottest property and pioneer of UK garage in America. Feline is constantly in the media eye, from appearances on MTV to interviews with The Guardian. AT the same time as this Miss Feline persists in her mission to dominate an extreamly masculine scene with regular appearances on Choice FM, Kiss FM, Radio One, and pirate stations! She is also presenting a new TV show called "DJ Booth" that will be broadcast soon on TV. Back with us for the first time since SO Fresh & So Clean please welcome one of the leading ladies of the 2-step massiv!
**4:00-5:00am**
KNOWLEDGE
**www.columnsofknowledge.com, Columns of Knowledge Recordings, CT** CD Release Party for "LIVE@Boo7" available from Columns of Knowledge Recordings
An empathic wall of sound encompassing dancefloor driven funky techno, funky house, and progressive filtered with breakish beats is the recipee when Knowledge steps to the 1200's. Considering himself LUCKY to continue hosting his visions in 2003, he toggles between his memorable fun-filled events and his recently launched Columns of Knowledge Recordings which has 3 12" comming out this spring. Grab the music at your local shope and get ready for the ride home!
**5:00-6:00am**
JJ BOOGIE
**www.wellknowndjs.com, Grove Reactor Records, Cincinnati, OH**
Over the past 7 years JJ Boogie has become one of the biggest names out of the Midwest Dance Scene. He's traveled all over the US and Canada including playing at the 2002 WEMF outside of Toronto and Electro-Rock Festival in Chicago. He Presently runs one of the most successful indie electronic lables in the Midwest- Grove Reactor Records, his upcomming fully licensed CD release, 2 more vinyl cuts on GR, and producing over 45 rave and club events over the past 4 years. Keep an eye out for a new compilation CD on Grove Reactor, sponsored by FINAL SCRATCH?STANTION and he will be giving away plenty of copies of his latest mixed CD- GENESIS!
**11:00-12:00am**
[font color=lime size=4]DJ D8A[/font]
**www.grovereactor.com, Dayton, OH**
Dj D8A is an icon in the midwest symbolic with hard house grooves and banging basslines. D8A also runs his own production company *Buwckwyld Entertainment* and has thrown some of the best parties in the midwest. He is now touring to support his latest mixed CD- "For My Peep Who Like It Hard."
**10:00-11:00pm**
RHEYMUND
**www.columnsofknowledge.com, Mammal Music, NH**
Flowing fun techno/house from our northern branch. His memorable awesome opening sets @ So Fresh& So Clean and Mercury Rising made dancefloor get goin' early. Don't mis this opportunity to jam out early again!
**9:00-10:00pm**
Bass Is Like Sex Chamber:
HUDA HUDIA
**Kaleidoscope Music, Tripoli Trazx, UK, Contagious Musiq, Tampa FL** CD Release party for "Worldwide Sessons"
DJ Huda Hudia is one of Florida's breakbeat DJ/Producers. Huda has released 34 records on his Kaleidoscope Record label, 2 on his Kaleidoscope All Stars label, 1 on his Busy Beats Record label, and 4 mix CD's. He is co-owner of Uniscope Records with Tony Faline and together they have released 12 records. His new CD "Worldwide Sessions" is expected to hit the streets at the begining of December. Huda has been moving dance floors across the US, Canada, Mexico, Spain, Alaska, and Puerto Rico for over 11 years. His new release "System Overload" will beone of the featured songs in the EA Sports "SSX Tricky" snow boarding game. Elecrto breaks fanatic and progressive blender, don't miss this 1st area appreance in over a year!!
**1:00-2:00am**
REID SPEED
**Breackbeat Science, Direct Drive, Contagious Muisq, CA**
Back for her first NE appearance in 6 months! From her dominating presence within NYC realm she has established and maintained a solid fanbass around the US. Reid has also found time to begin producing, collaborating with FS (of Ming & FS) and Datcycle on tracks released last year. She has just been added as Mixer Magazine's newest drum & bass/ 2-step/ breaks reviewer. She was featured on Showtimes Shonext channel where she co-produced the track for her segment. She has been featured in many industry & other magazines since 1998, including Urb, Mixer, Women's Wear Daily, Time Out NY, Flyer's "Best of 2000" issue, and Fader's "Best of NY" issue. Back with us for the first time since the 1st Happy Holidays event we are stoked to bring you the sounds of Reid!
**2:30-4:00am**
SNEAK-E-PETE
**www.BluntedCircuitz.com, NYC**
Nuskool breaks from this long time scenster. Current resident at Halcyon in Brooklyn & Plant in Manhatten where he drops some mesmerizing funk often accompanied with live sax. A perfect come down from our peak of bass insanity as we ride through the morning hours on his multi-leveled layers of breakish bizness!
**4:00-5:00am**
MIZTAH LEX
**MSP, PSP, www.elementalcompounds.com, MA**
One of the masterminds behind Elemental Compounds, Miztah Lex's track record goes on for miles. Not only has he played at every major Durm & Bass night in the city of Boston, but he is one of the few D&B DJ's who is ferquently playing in New York City. With a creat full of all the hottest D&B tunes and sets that include hard to find jams and Hip-Hop classics, his Hip-Hop backgroung comes through in his rugged mixing style.
**12:00-1:00am**
MDMA & BREAKA DAWN
**Operation Breakbeat, www.geocities.com/djbreakadawn1**
Representing breakbeat culture to the fullest, these two high calibur dj's annitate dance floors with their penetrating bass heavy sounds. Get ready to submit yourself to this rare tag team appearance from NE's hottest breakbeat couple!
MONICA SHARP
**Eternalproductions.net, Fuck it Mondays, PA**
Spinning since the age of 18, Monica Sharp has made a name for herself. With an ever changing style that ranges from old school jungle, experimental, neurofunk, minimal, down tempo, and more. A classically trained singer, sometimes Monica will be know to pick up the mic for others and her own sets. Be sure to check this women out!!
**5:00-6:00am**
SONIC BEE
**Downbeat Productions, Fracture Crew, DNS Recordings**
Sonic bee's combination of hard, funky break beats, Thrash new school, and out and scratch styles, kick so much ass that the only way fit to discribe them is as "Kung-Fu" Breaks. Since his debut as a DJ for King-Size USA in early 1996, Sonic Bee has earned supporting and headlining gigs on parties with some of the best DJ's in the world. His talents landed him a coveted slot of the sold out farwell tour for Hip-Hop legends A TRIBE CALLED QUEST at the palladium, where he opened and closed for TRIBE. Teamed up with the Fracture Crew, and with a new found alliance with Downbeat Productions studio, this group of breaks enthusiasts is poised to do some serious damage to speakers and dance floors around the world!
ASSAILANT Vs. JEFF AVERY
**IMANGINE!, Unknown Compound, CT**
If you missed these two wreck the 1s & 2s @ Skooled -or Assailant @ Badonkadonk, make it out to see them tonight! This room is packed with pristine and top notch talent- and these two aide it's validation. Drum n' Bass served on the proper tip!
MC JOSIAH INTALLEKT
**www.truecrew.com, Che, Downbeat MA/ME**
Unquestionably the loudest, drunkest, and most in your face MC in NE, like his upcomming Hip-Hop album states, Josiah job is..."Master Communication" and he'll be our master of cerimonies tonight mcing periodically and punctuating with a perponderance of preposterous spouting! You know you love it...
Swingin Over On The Solid Cold Side Rail:
FRITZ SIEG
**Plastica, Moody, Music Now, Nite Groves, Ref, Nervous, Hamachi, Boston Beat, MA**
Poised to release over 20 tracks on MANY lables in 2003 this bean-town rep in taking the production world by storm from his studio and we're happy to give him a chance to showcase those musical abilities for you here tonight! A cornucopia styling of progressive and beyond try to prepare yourself.
**2:30-3:30am**
PROPHET
**Digital Entrapment, In The Red Records, Versatile Grove, www.raversonly.com** CD RELEASE PARTY "KinetiK NRg 3 Final Chapter
"A sure crowd pleaser" -Blast Magazine Malorca Spain. If you like your music hard and fast Prophet is a sure fire hit for you. Fusing UK Hardhouse with various forms of Trance, and a twist of scratching is what makes this mans set nothing but kinetik NRG.
Vs.
TAURUS
**www.elementalproductions.net, PA**
Fresh off tour, Taurus has become a staple in Philadelphia's Hard Trance and Techno scene. With deep root in the studio production, don't sleep on hisflawless mixing ability and impecable track selection.
**12:00-1:30am**
DJ SHIVA
**www.shyproductions.com, CT**
This man has been moving the masses on many NE dance floors as of late with his high energy. Being in the sound business it is crucial to him that he be rock on solid for this night and you will be blown away with his amped track selection!
SPLASH
**www.turnagainhights.com, www.columnsofknowledge.com, CT**
Our latest addition to our family! This sleek fun-filled performer will keep you on your toes with her pounding UK Hardhouse, nrg, and hard trance. As a side project she has become on of the key engineers on the Columns website this year and her dedication to the underground has earned her winning possitions @ 15min of fame, as well as networking herself into almost every NE crew's nights thus far. Keep climbing!
BIZZO
**www.raversonly.com, NJ**
Bringing down the house for crowds all over NY & NJ, Bizzo is the essence of hardcore. 1st ever Columns appearance ever!! If you can't GET LUCKY, GET HARD!
**1:30-2:30**
FRANKUS
**www.wayoflife.com, www.hysterik.net, www.raversonly.com** CD RELEASE PARTY "Dj Frankus Off The Books"
Tonight he will touch the 1200's with hard booty some shit to shake that azz to. Frankus has rock crowds nationwide top as far as Florida. Get ready for some original tracks and some classic bangers.
**3:30-4:30am**
SONIK EP
**Attleboro Crew, www.ne-hardcore.com, MA**
Inspired by the return of breakbeats to happy hardcore, he is now back under the monker Sonik EP playing new oldschool as well as classice happy anthems, but his history dates back to the early days of elecronica RIMA scene as one of Volume's former founding members. With a passion for hhc that can't be squashed it's gonna be an uplifting aray of sound to close out our side room.
**4:30-5:45am**
BANG LEE
**IMAGINE! [email protected], CT**
"Who the bang was that??" Is what you'll surely be saying after you witness Bang's skills. Promising an outstanding onslaugh of true techno and tech house is this rising CT Dj.
Top Of The Rainbow:
SIMI
**Growroom, MA**
SPECIAL FAREWELL SET!
For years know this man has been rockin house solidly to crowds all over NE. As a Growroom staple his support for the store has helped keep western MA's electronica scene in place. Tonight we bid a fond farwell in proper format with an extended set of Dj Simi, over 3 years tonight he will be showcasing some of his favorite tracks from past to present in a never-before-displayed extended set of smooth styling Western Mass represent!
**12:00-3:00am**
BIGPEN15
**Muck, CT**
And now for something completely different. House with some Weird Al on the side. No it's not a DJ who can play the accordian and sing it's some guy who actually mixes house and our favorite classic rock and Hip-Hop albums. You may think he's weird looking and hairy but his mother says "he's handsome" so we'll just have to take her work for it and let the set speak for itself.
**3:00-4:00am**
KIND NICK
**NYC**
Progressive and deep bizness from this Westchester native. Years of club Djing and traveling have matured this producer/Dj's sound to the point of pristine perfection back with us for his first time since Positive. We're pleased to bring this many back for another round!
**10:30-12:00am**
RAF aka RAFAEL ROCHA
**Nine2Five, NH**
House music that reflects maturity, style, and smooth vibes is what this upcomming NH operator with his own radio show lay it down to launch it off!
**9:00-10:30pm**
GYLE
**Flash Fusion Radio, Hartford, CT**
Producing music for 4 years djing on college radio airwaves for 2 years. Doesn't hold back to one flavor of music, ventures from deep jazzy house grooves to obscure science fiction electro, and even to peak hour jackin' tech-house.
**4:00-5:00**
Venue: Asylum 1592 Main St Springfield, MA
Tickets: $25 in advance More at the door
Ticket Outlets
Online:
www.spinfoil.com
www.spiritualemporium.com
CT:
Spiritual Emporium 806 524 9719
MA:
Satellite 617 536 5482
Growroom 413 549 9296
4-Front 617 236 0335
RI:
Luna Sea 401 272 5862
NY:
Satellite 2129951744
Ego 5184344131
Alter 518 690 2816
VT:
Joyride 802 863 9166 www.joyrydestudios.com
NH/ME:
Any Bullmoose outlet. Find one near you www.bullmoose.com
[[Remember to include LOCATION in topic.-MrJaMaL™]]
[ 19 February 2003: Message edited by: MrJaMaL ]

I will be at this...but wishing i was in florida at WMC instead :(

I want to go to this but it depends on my money situation and on who wants to go with me. We'll see!

??? ??? WMC/Get Lucky ??? ??? WMC/Get Lucky ??? ??? WMC/Get Lucky ??? ???
Decisions, decisions...

here's what's up guys... i need to share this with you...
i can't be at this party because i'm studying in france until june. but i went to a party in london last weekend, and it was the best party i've ever been to. i am going to have to look long and hard to find one like this in the US. (i'm not going to waste space telling you details, but if you want some, email, and i'll be more than happy to email them to you!)
i met up with some beautiful UK BLers who know how to party.
so here's the point...
it's time to bring back the east coast scene... the vibes, the music, the people... we need to get over our feeling that people who roll are bad people. i hadn't rolled since july because i didn't want to be labelled 'fake' or 'not really a raver' it's a part of the culture that is there, and it's probably not going away.
we need to go to parties with only good vibes... so what if there's a 40 year old dude dancing around? he's there for a good time...
for the first time since i got into partying, i realized what it is really about this weekend...
so please go to Get Lucky, dance for me and for everyone else there, dance for the people you don't like and for the people you do. talk to people, get them excited... junglists, kandy kids... whoever. we're all there for the same reason... we need to be united! corny, i know, but it's true... we need to get people into the scene, not keep them on the sidelines or in a different category.
when i get back, i am going to bring everything i learned with me, and i am going to start partying like i did in london.
have an amazing party, and remember what it's really all about!
rave on in solidarity
peace
andy

Originally posted by ~*JungleFaerie*~:
marco corola and emma feline on at the same time? pffft
There's something wrong with the set times I think. There isn't anybody listed between 2 and 3:15 so I don't think Carola and Emma Feline are on at the same time.

i cannot go to ultra :( cant afford to take the time off of work, oh well. but i will be at this party, the countdown has started ;)

if we get this one to v.5 ill come to the asylum for the first time, sorry i missed freshie (ended up at vibe)

well... i got no $$ to go to FL, presale Ultra tix are sold out and $60+ to get in is outside my price range.
i definately want to hit up a party on my spring break tho, we'll see if i can even afford this. or if maybe the first national bank of mom n dad will shell out some cash...

grr...no money, no presale for ultra, i'm comin, marco is callin me
chrissie, shall we take this to the board?!?!?!?!?
and rob too bad you didn't go, we really missed you, and well, had one awesome time without you. just hope vibe was "bangin," and all the "beautiful people" were out

I have to admit I'm even more excited about this one than I was about Freshie: without even mentioning Carola you've got Reid Speed; Feline; Sonic Bee; Huda; Operation Breakbeat...!
I also have my fingers crossed that 36 Lewis St. has something "bangin" going on this night.

Gee... I wonder why Vibe hasn't been too busy lately... it couldn't be because its less entertaining than trying to ride a 1 legged, rabid donkey, would it? Never...
I'm definately going to be at this party, I can't wait actually. I had so much fun at Freshie I'm already itchin to hit another party up. I really wish they would sanitize the Asylum though, I swear I had an inch layer of Asylum filth on me after leaving Freshie, must be all the smelly ravers.

This is a very dope lineup, and I really wanted to give J.J. Boogie and D8A MAD FUCKIN PROPS! You guys are doing a hell of a job putting Cincinnati and Dayton on the dance music scene. To be playing this party with this talent says a lot about your talent, I have personally seen these two guys play on various occasions and I have always really enjoyed your sets. Good luck with this party and I hope the Northeast is ready for some midwestern dance music.

This lineup is going to be great! I do have a question for everyone? My wife and I both love the music, dancing and enjoy getting to different venues, neither of us have been to the Asylum however and I am wondering if we are just a little to old to be there. Dont like those; "Is that my fathers friend looks." lol Just wondering what the concensus is....One of lifes cruel jokes to broke when you are young enough to old when the money doesnt matter to enjoy it!!! Perhaps we will see you there....