Stuck On Earth presents Mardi Gras NYC style March 15, 2003

i've been throwing up for 3 hrs, and it's coming out the other end too..
kill me?
Please
i actually wanna go!
*cries*

so i heard this party was wack from several sources... too many people, no room to dance, no ventillation--heard kenny ken was the only highlight (and the only reason i had any desire to go anyway) any opinions? i had a comp and was supposed to go but i got there and decided not to wait for the 100+ people lined up to get in the DOOR just to get to the list plus the music wasnt on at that point in time and even tho i knew itd start again eventually, after the drama we experienced that night, i wasnt about to wait... my best friend didnt have money either so i basically would have had to pay and give her my comp, god knows i wasnt going to pay---lol---so lets hear it...howd it go?

I was pissed too... trust me. I left shortly after 1am with my friends and went home. Most of the people there had been waiting in line for about 2 hours. I get back to NJ and Mercy Killah calls from inside the party and tells me he never got to go on anyway.

Now at first I thought it was a major SOE fuck up. But I was wrong. The Lunataium owners cut the venue size in half. Stuck on Earth wasn't notified about this until they showed up. Aparently due to some Fire Marshall drama. But everyone I talk to has a totally different story about what happened, and it turns out it's just people are talking out their ass.

I hear SOE actually put a really nice party together, and all the headliners played, only the bottom end Djs got cut. This was really something beyond their control and they did a respectable job dealing with the cards they were dealt. At first I couldn't understand why people with comps had to wait in line with the non ticket holders, but after Dana informed me of the space limitations and venue drama, I totally agree with their decision. People who paid for their tickets in advance got in, the rest of us, waited. Eh, I missed the party. There will be others.

This was posted by my friend Timmy that goes by the name Sykopath (That's probably the wrong spelling, but close enough) Anyone who has any info, it would be a great help.

Me and Frazzle (Frankie) had our records stolen from my trunk the night of Mardi Gras. We chained our records to the arm of the trunk and when we came out, someone broke in and stole both of our records, headphones, needles, Frankie's trademark drum that he's had since 4th grade, his cell, and a pair of perscription sunglasses that Gina gave me before she passed away. Everything else that was taken I could care less in comparison. My headphones are a pair of brown sony's with a little yellow smiley face smoking on the one ear. There was a grip of classic out of print records in both our bags and a coupe acetates I had of my own shit. For those of you that might recognise songs by names lemme know and I'll name a few. I know it's a shot in the dark but if anyone hears anything I would greatly appreciate some info and if I find our stuff from info you give, you'll be hooked up.. nice. Thanks!

From Timmy:

So basically if anyone has any info for me or can get em back, email me at [email protected] with the subject stolen records so that i don't delete the mail thinking it was junk mail. I of course won't mention you and if you bring shit back there will be no questions asked and $500 bucks in it for you.

I just wanted to say that I was in NYC from out of town (from New Orleans and enjoyed this party. The venue was fine save for the restrooms - I loved the magical view of the NYC skyline. Ron Jeremy's comedic interlude was pretty horrible, we left the room when he started cracking his tasteless jokes.
I was happy to finally see Spacegirl perform, and I enjoyed seeing Odi again. DJ Funk's set was way too short, more of a novelty act than anything, but much fun.

I thought the venue was run pretty professionally, while I was initially pissed that my camera was taken, it was easy to get it back at the end of the night.

All in all, the party was a great aspect of my NYC weekend:D :D

sorry you got jacked dazz

i had an ok time
funk got cut short due to police/fire marshall shit.

oh well ron jeremy sucks.

Jj

PS goddamnit i saw no bl kids i knew and i couldnt find out where etc to meet up because the board was down.

meaning i missed the infamous razzle dazzle