I Have a Dream 5 + January 19, 2003 + @ Roxy, NYC

did I say I was going to this, ohhh yeah I did. I'm there!! I haven't been out partying for some 3 months. (*shudders*)
anyways after looking at the lineup I'm definitely wanting to hear FEELGOOD & SAEED AND PALASH since I'm missing my MD/DC scene!
so bring on the good "house music" so that I can reminisce & step to it................ ;)

Hopefully be attending with Droppie.
Depends on when my train is the next day...
Woo!

Originally posted by ScaryRaver:
it came to my attention that this looked more like i sold out and less like the joke it was ment to be, so let me get things straight... i hate people that bitch about something and never do anything to try and fix it. i think SOE sucks right now and they fuck party kids over. there are two way's i could do something about this.. i could bitch and not go to soe parties and try to get others not to and have nothing happen because they already have a large following and they are one of the big prod companies and i can't change everyone's oppinions. or i could talk with them, yell at them and work with them and get them so that they function respectably and make the scene better. everyone complains about not enough venue's or the same old shit over and over again... so work with the production companies and try and make "the scene" better thats what i'm trying to do. Production teams are pritty down to earth people... i mean it's not like they're super stars and shit at least not around here... they all have aim and shit. find it out and talk with them give your oppinions they may not changes how they run things with just 1 person telling them but if 50 or 100 or 300 or even 1000 people over a period of time say "hey that was fucked up how non of the head liners played at boo 7 and i still paid at that fucking money" then maybe it'll sink in and there won't be a next time. [/edit]
[ 27 December 2002: Message edited by: ScaryRaver ]

aim-jeffisoe

Hmmmm....thinkin' about goin......who's gonna convince me to come up to NY for this?

Aaron, just the fact that I'm THINKING about going should be enough to get your ass up here!

hey jeffsoe why am I hearing rumors that saeed & palash are not booked to play this party......I also checked their website and their is no mention of this party on their tourdates page. whats the deal?

hey they did that with aphex twin too at some club in NYC too!!!

Welcome to the mad shady world of SOE !!!!!!!
None of the headliners played at Boo either.
There parties are actually kinda fun if you just know going into it that you shouldn't expect anything, dont go just to see a particular DJ cause' you are bound to be disapointed. The SOE parties I have been to I have no complaints about security and there has always been a great vibe.

they were signed for the event, but they are in turkey the night before, witch their agent never told us, now they are having problems with the flights. We will keep you posted on this matter, we already have a back up plan in the works.
I NEVER PUT A DJ ON A FLYER THAT WE DIDNT BOOK, PLEASE NAME ME ONE DJ , THAT WAS ON A FLYER THAT WASNT AT THE SHOW, I WILL SHOW YOU THE CONTRACT, I BEEN DEALING WITH THIS FOR YEARS NOW, I LOVE IT WHEN THE DJ DOESNT SHOW UP, RIGHT AWAY WE GET BLAMED FOR IT.
AS FOR THE APHEX TWIN SHOW, AM NOT PROUD OF IT, BUT I THOUGHT EVERYONE NEW THE STORY WITH THAT, BUT IF U DONT, BEFORE YOU START SPREDING MORE RUMORS- READ THIS
http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0239/romano.php
[ 11 January 2003: Message edited by: jeffsoe ]

"None of the headliners played at Boo either."
who didn't play
Biohazard&rob gee
Green velet
space girl,micro,x-dream-
Roger sanchez- optical,Richard humpty Vission-
who did play
THE CRYSTAL METHOD,BT,X-ECUTIONERS AKA X-MEN, LIQUID TODD,DJ FUNK,dj bam bam, dj orion,Doc Martin,Donald Glaude , Charles feelgood,MARCO CAROLA, Frankie Bones, Heather Heart, Adam X,Sandra collins,SAEED AND PALASH,Dave Ralph,Trendroid ,dj irene,Pleasurehead, DIESELBOY, db,ed rush,J-MAJIK,matrix,odi,empress,
JASON KENNEDY & KARL K,garon,MC RYMETYME
MC ARMANNI REIGN,dj p, j-smoke, craig g,

i think that at boo many sets had to be moved around because of the rain, and thus people didnt think that djs showed, even though they did. soe seems to have good intentions, just some things get screwy. i think a lot of people are just jumping on the i hate soe bandwagon. if you dont care for their events, dont support them. its as simple as that.

Originally posted by jeffsoe:
I NEVER PUT A DJ ON A FLYER THAT WE DIDNT BOOK, PLEASE NAME ME ONE DJ , THAT WAS ON A FLYER THAT WASNT AT THE SHOW, I WILL SHOW YOU THE CONTACT, I BEEN DEALING WITH THIS FOR YEARS NOW, I LOVE IT WHEN THE DJ DOESNT SHOW UP, RIGHT AWAY WE GET BLAMED FOR IT.
Yet there seems to be a consistancy with your production in lacking headliners! Prime example:
I HAVE A DREAM 3 - Paul Johnson, Terry Mullen, Frankie Bones, J-Smooth all were no shows.
Along with the team of shady security you brought to the Amazura Ballroom.
90% of SOE parties rarely have any Techno headliners. And if any, they aren't playing in the main room or they get an early bird set.

Originally posted by Tech Kinetics:
[QB]
Yet there seems to be a consistancy with your production in lacking headliners! Prime example:
I HAVE A DREAM 3 - Paul Johnson, Terry Mullen, Frankie Bones, J-Smooth all were no shows.
your right, paul johnson,terry mullen and frankie bones were all no shows, j-smooth was there and played, if u would like i can show you the contracts for all of them for that event, or you can call their agents, we have nothing to hide, paul johnson and terry mullen missed there flights,
Along with the team of shady security you brought to the Amazura Ballroom.
that was the club's security, we did bring in 10 of our guys, but amazura's security was shady, i agree with you on that, but they have gotten alot better there
90% of SOE parties rarely have any Techno headliners. And if any, they aren't playing in the main room or they get an early bird set.[/QB
now this is false, did u see the lienups for the past to boo's, did you go to the south street seaport show? What about nye?

Let's not hijack the thread. Bring it here.
All further off-topic replies will be deleted.

good ole sunday event, god ole mighty why do you do this to me?
have to take monday off for this, damn i hate sunday parties!!!

How come they always charge 30 bucks for shitty parties with shitty lineups? I'll prolly end up going though cause i have nothing better to do cause its a fucking sunday. Then again every single i have a dream i went to sucked dick and was totally overpacked. We shall see.

Ok...so there was no saeed & palash and they replace them with paul johnson...yet he doesnt show. do we seeing a following trend here???

So my first party for the 2003, I HAVE A DREAM 5
It was an ok/so-so start to my new partying year while living up here in NY. ANyways me & "the crew" got there early (9:30ish) and people were already dancing on the dancefloor which was good to see at the very beginging, you know, instead of just standing around looking at one-another. So they had 3 rooms setup. The DnB room which was average/just plain regular AS USUAL, same djs I've heard several hundred times, but Odi spinining was the best to me. I missed DB & Empress sets because you couldn't really dance in there, it was pretty cramped so I couldn't stay in there long. But to stand there and "bob" my head for a couple minutes before leaving was still all good, just to feel the music a bits. :)
The other room, the hip-hop room, which was a bits bigger was setup nicely with a full bar, and lounge chairs, corner dj booth with a ok-sized dancefloor etc. It was just a good use of space in that room I thought! ANyways, so no "thugging" was going on while the good hip-hop was been spun, just girls & guys getting down with the hip-hop culture.
Now the main room was pretty big. Yeah it was crowded in there, BUT there was good space for everyone to get down and me & my peeps "got down" We dance & party and cause major crazed confusion and competition (circles), crazy fun!!) :)
ANyways so yeah saeed & palash(sp) didn't show, and paul johnson their replacement didn't show either, which was announced on the mic, but they filled the spot with 2 lady djs (and one of them was singing from the mic and she was sounding good). Also the tag-team between feelgood and Donald Glaude was really good, also Urbanzone was really good too. Considering it was the first time for allot of people there to hear SoCal style of "breaks", but they were still feeling it. Oh and I forgot to mention J-Messinian MCing for Dieselboy in the mainroom which was hot.
In fact I heard that J-Messinian did double-duty that night, that after teaming with Dieselboy on the mainfloor, he went into the DnB room, picked up the mic and did another 1hr+ with another dj.
And sorry I didn't pay attention to any of the trance spun, well because I was completely sober that night, no trippy-type music to hold my mind wondering into infinity, ahahahaha, especially if you're under any type of influence) ;)
Vibe and the people in there were pretty kewl. And DAMNIT, I forgot my camera cause there were several hotties there too that I was caught staring at as they danced, (and sober mind you)but my "baby" was very forgiving.
So no bluelight roll call for this party, so I just did my partying "thang" with the peoples I came with.
So totally it up: the party was ok, the venue nicely renovationed, and the music was good enough for us so release some tension out onto the dancefloor. THats it!
Wow, so much I wrote, well so much I remember from being COMPLETELY sober the whole 7hr. night,(HAHAHA) peace
[ 22 January 2003: Message edited by: sugafist ]