Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM high 2nd plateau - experienced - Glowing trip

delsymfan

Bluelighter
Well I had myself a nice little DXM trip last night. Good ole Christmas Eve. Seeing as we tell people a crazy red dude lands on your roof I figured DXM wouldnt be too unnatural on a night like such!

I had been buzzing off my typical social lube dose, which is like 120mg's. (Im 215lbs) So I had that in me, and then I threw down 600mgs via the robo-caps. I figured I was about 3-4 hours into the social dose, so I'd probably have a really good trip and it would wind down. This puts me at about 6.2mg/kg

Well firstly, the come up is totally different when you are already buzzing. It seems like it happens WAY faster. Yet at the same time, it takes a little while longer since you are already used to being off baseline, which I had been for like 10 hours (i did a social dose earlier also).

Well anyway I recently downloaded the "Milkdrop Visualizer" for winamp. OMG. This thing is amazing. It really reads the songs so well. And it does different stuff like all the time.

Basically I just ended up laying on my bed, hiding under my comforter, with my laptop under there as well. I felt like I was "following" the center of the visualizer, cause it has a bit of a vortexish look to it. At times, I would find everything I looked at looked like the visualizer, like it would take over my little area.

I really had fun just letting my mind let loose with those visuals. It was like my brain amplified it. I have seen it sober and it was NOT that crazy. So I pretty much stared at that and played around under my covers for like 2 hours.

At one point, the visualizer sorta looked like an atom or something to that effect. My brain decided to get all serious on me and think about life. I was that atom. Just a little speck of nothing. What was I doing with my life? A lot has happened recently. My brain was really focused on the fact I turned 19. Part of me felt motivated, and yet another part felt ashamed for not having done enough with my life. I promptly wanted to run off to another country to explore and do stuff. I told myself I was going to save up more money to move out which I have been trying to do. I really got kinda gung ho.

After that little bit the visualizer zoomed out and it looked like earth, so I was like "well where should we go then!' and started poking around. Lots of fun. I zoomed in on the jungle. Then left. Then Nebraska. Then Left. Whatever.

Then I decided to go topside. My room was pretty much enormous. I had the vertigo like crazy. Could not stop spinning. I ended up clutching to the sides of my bed because it truly felt like I was flying around. Loved it

Things started to wind down around 4 AM. Took an ambien which usually when I'm dexed will put me to sleep within 15 minutes. But I sorta had this DXM'ish visual in my mind that as I was falling asleep some doctor was coming to take me. Therefore I figured that was the ambien. I wouldnt let them take me. So I stayed up another half hour.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Thanks for reading. Love to chat. Great trip. Slap a 9/10 on that ass.

Man sounded like you really had a good time.

The first time I tried 800mgs by myself I had tool playing on my xbox 360 and the 360 has a pretty crazy music visualizer . I watched that on my 40" tv till the disk was done. Really got the trip going for me. I popped a movie in after but it makes it too hard. My brain starts to scrabble the movie and reality.

I've never up dosed after dosing. I read on erowid that can be really intense but isnt suggested. Im sure they were referring to higher doses though.

Also I have circled through many of the thoughts you have tripping. Me being 19 and knowing it is the end of the road for freeloading off my parents I start to get lots of thoughts about whats going on with my life, and what am I doing and How much I have wasted. The conclusion I came up with is that my life has just begun and I have wasted none of it and now have everything to live for.

Since then I have started a journal. I record my thoughts every few days, my trip reports and am logging almost anything of minor to huge significance

EDIT- Also how the hell can you sleep? I have a problem sleeping hours after the trip and could never sleep during

Last edited:
Yeah I mentioned I threw down an ambien to go to bed. Its nice having downers. When I feel like the trip is all set I can just let it be at that. Although I only took 1 and thats why it took longer. 2 will konk me out in 15 minutes for sure

Otherwise I will be WIDE awake and probably not sleep, and then just stay up the whole next day. Usually with full energy and no tiredness.

Yeah the whole "holy crap you are 19 you need to do something" part was really deep. I love that DXM works that way. It was almost like somebody else came and told it to me.

As far as redosing, ive never done it with high levels. Im really familiar with low level (under 1.5mg/kg) dxm and I love the social aspects of it and how it makes me feel. I cant imagine it affected much of the trip itself, but as I said the come up was markedly different.

Glad you had an insightful experience. I enjoyed reading this report because your short, to-the-point sentences reflect precisely the way my internal dialog sounds on dxm.

"Could not stop spinning. Loved it"

Haha ;)

Yeah thats how I write. No sense in big explanations.

Dex brain works very efficiently and smart