The Bluelight Blogs Megathread

done.

i think you need to specify in advance whether comments should be moderated, right?

There should be no problems approving your comments, I've had none.

Tracbacks

What is a 'trackback' anyway? Its located right next to the 'comment' link but I haven't a clue as to its function

let me get this straight: you ARE talking about Bluelights Blogs, right? cos i can't see that anywhere.

trackbacks are usually links showing you which other blogs linked to that particular blog. it's common on other blogging software but i'm pretty sure we don't have it here.

*prepares to be humiliated if i'm wrong*

Yep! The only Blog I use (cause BL rules!)

Its on there. Sounds like a neat function. I'll try linking one of my favorite fellow BL blogs tonight to play with it

Thanks, felix!

Felix, trackbacks is located in the random featured blog next to comments. :)

i still can't see it. any chance of a screenshot, please?

trackbacksid2.png

cheers! :D

that's weird though, i did a search for the word 'track' and it still didn't find it earlier. anyway, does it actually do anything ?

Hey yall. Any chance of getting bl Blogs (or, namely, the blogs of particular users) to work with my RSS reader?

RSS might, ... "might ... , get on the wish list (not to be confused with the the "To Do" list) near the bottom....sometime next year or whenever our annual bonuses arrive and we get on a meth fueled binge weekend of tweaking the server and toying with people's accounts.

lol! I understand TLB. I can also see a user-side solution painfully close... I mean, every blog I'm subscribed to I can read in its entirety in my email inbox, if only I could RSSize emails from a particular sender, i'd be in like flynt.

I'm also confident that only like,say, 100 or 200 blers even use feeds, so I doubt its worth your time. Still, how is it bl has a feed at all? did that come with the blog module out of the box?

Considering how RSS is spreading, and will continue to grow on the web, I would suspect it would become an integrated part of the BLOG software at some point. Right now it isn't, and we probably won't spend the time to code it (as you note) - but if it comes with the s/w right out of the box, I see no reason NOT to have it turned on (depending on server load...but we'd need to try it to know, ya know?).

As for RSS feeds on the site at all....I'd have to dig deeper, but my instinct thinks it's a hack someone wrote for an earlier version of our software. I'm not even sure it's still working :\

I cannot approve my comments.

I don't know why but the checked box is there and cannot be unchecked and the only drop down menu I have is just a view filter for "moderated comments", "all comments" and "deleted comments"

Help? :D

Considering how RSS is spreading, and will continue to grow on the web, I would suspect it would become an integrated part of the BLOG software at some point. Right now it isn't, and we probably won't spend the time to code it (as you note) - but if it comes with the s/w right out of the box, I see no reason NOT to have it turned on (depending on server load...but we'd need to try it to know, ya know?).

As for RSS feeds on the site at all....I'd have to dig deeper, but my instinct thinks it's a hack someone wrote for an earlier version of our software. I'm not even sure it's still working :\

Give me the name of the BLOG software, and i'll have it coded in a few weeks.