Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DOM (6.5mg) - First Time - Zoomy and Stupifying

bluedolphin

Bluelight Crew
Some Backstory

The day before I had taken some LSD. It must have been around 200ug, but it turned out to be one of the most amazing trips I've had in some time. It was a spur of the moment trip and turned out to be a really healing experience. Soul cleansing all the way. So this experience was weighing heavily on my mind, although I doubt there was a lot of cross tolerance between these two chemicals, except perhaps psychologically. I've taken DOC and LSD consecutively on several occasions and they never seemed to weaken the other.

Because of this, I expect to be making a lot of comparisons with LSD and DOC.

Alright, so I ate it.

My lovely girlfriend was home having taken twice the amount of LSD I'd taken the day before. She was having a crappy day and I suggested she try the same thing that turned my crappy day around the day before. I was at work, and came home around 5:00PM to find her just coming off the plateau of the LSD peak.

Prior to this trip I felt there were some things that needed to be reconciled in our lives and relationships, and we'd had a few days of difficult communication. When I arrived home I knew we had just gone through the same soul cleansing experience. Sort of impulsively but half-planned, I asked if she wanted to split 10mg of DOM a good friend had given me. The stuff was burning a hole in my curiosity and it was one of few chemicals I have been waiting a long time to try.

I dissolved the 10mg into 1ml of warm water and drew it up into a measuring syringe. You know, the careful and proper way of dosing these things. Except I accidentally squirted a bit more then my share into my mouth... somewhere between 6 and 7mg =D . Oh well, she was still on LSD anyway..

It tasted bad, just for the record. So I was pretty excited having just taken 6.5 mg of this drug I heard was pretty awesome. I expected to be up all night and was OK with that.

Then I had to take a shit. More like piss out my ass, actually. Couldn't have been more than 15 minutes after dosing. I guess the amphetamine part of it was kicking in. Then again, the Olive Garden leftovers probably didn't help the situation. Let's fast forward a bit.

Nothing really happened for the 1st hour except I had the shits another 2 or 3 more times. By the end of the first hour I felt like I'd taken some weak amphetamine, a little euphoria, and things were just starting to look vaguely psychedelic.

For the next few hours my girlfriend and I talked about a lot of things from a pretty open minded position. We covered a lot of ground and mostly talked about the things we'd realized we need to do for ourselves and our relationship on our recent profound LSD trips. I noticed the visual aspect increasing.

By the third hour or so I'd say I peaked. Sitting on the toilet taking another watery shit, I remember looking at the bathroom walls, carpet, door, and such. I began to zone out things would sort of zoom towards me like a blur. It was momentarily dissociative. Other than this effect, which would happen pretty much whenever I'd stare at something, the visuals were nothing to write home about. It did sort of resemble DOC. It did sort of resemble LSD. But I find LSD a lot more beautiful and the visual aspect is connected to the emotion aspect which is connected to the intellectual aspect. Not so with DOM. The flowing, patterning, colorful visual distortions really had nothing to do with what I was thinking.

At some point, probably 5 hours into the trip, the positive energy was wearing off. I got slightly bored so I began smoking cannabis every once in a while. My girlfriend and I both noticed after smoking cannabis that the "zoom vision" dissociative / tranced out effects increased immediately. I really had no anxiety before or after smoking the cannabis or at any point in the trip. I did notice my fingers were a little tingly and I felt slightly vasoconstricted. My chest had a little tension but not from anxiety, it just seemed like a side effect of the drug. My heartrate was surprisingly barely increased at all.

I would say DOC has a lighter body load and generally feels better and more transparent at the same time. Whereas DOC is relatively friendly to me even at doses up to 6mg, I believe a dose of DOM at 10-12mg would have had me starting at the carpet zooming into my own dissociative worlds. I can't imagine taking DOM at a festival, which I think is the best setting for DOC. I remember reading somewhere that the police nicknamed STP "Too Stupid to Speak" when the stuff was going around in the late 60s. The reasoning behind this became pretty clear to me after the initial phase of the trip wore off. I felt somewhat brain zapped and retarded. The contrast with the profoundly enlightening LSD trip the day before was stark.

As the night wore on, to about 2:00AM, we listened to some music, smoked more pot, sat around, and both seemed to become tired of tripping. I felt at the time that maybe had I not tripped in a while or just fallen in love with LSD the day before that I might be rating DOM higher. I mean, it is pretty interesting stuff. But then halfway through the trip it was like a switch was flipped and it just became very neutral, pointless, and remained stimulating. I found it about equally stimulating as clean LSD but the body energy didn't feel nearly as psychedelic in comparison. DOC is a smoother ride, doesn't give me the shits or feelings of vasoconstriction, and leaves me with a wonderful afterglow, rather than just getting bored, dumb, and uninspired feeling as the night wore on with DOM.

So by around 4:00AM we were still up. I mean we weren't having a bad time. We joked around, spaced out, listened to music. But we were pretty drained and our pupils were still saucers. So we took a couple Ambien each.

After the Ambien kicked in things were pretty fun again for a while, and we just sort of acted goofy, had sex that we vaguely remember, and passed out about 12 hours after taking the drug. Speaking of sex... the DOM made me feel surprisingly asexual and even kissing felt sort of dissociated. This is not the case on DOC and definitely not with LSD.

I woke up the next day after about 6 hours of sleep, feeling still a little dumb in the brain and with a small bit of DOM stimulation still running through me. This wore off pretty soon and I spent most of the rest of the day being tired.

Will I take DOM again? Not sure. I think I would need a much higher dose to find it all that interesting, and I'm not sure the side effects and length would be worth it. If I took it at a festival I'd probably end up missing a lot of the music and not able to socialize well. Compared to LSD in this setting I feel like a merry prankster and DOC just gives me great positive psychedelic energy all day.

To be honest I was surprised by the lack of depth and much of any really worthwhile properties after all I'd read about this one blowing other psychedelic drugs out of the water. Then again, I find 2C-D to be the most boring and pointless of the 2C series so maybe I shouldn't be surprised?

Next time I'll be eating LSD for those real feelings of serenity, tranquility, and peace ;)

substancecode_dom
methodcode_oral
explevel_firsttime

Last edited by a moderator:
Good report! I'm glad someone else's experience somewhat reflects mine. I have been experimenting with DOM for months now and even at doses up to 10 mg, i never had significant visuals, however, i have never experienced such a complex and interesting mind state as the one DOM gives me. It makes it very easy to break down aspects of my life and reflect, even better than LSD imo. Anyways, good report and hopefully you'll decide to experience it again at a higher dose bc DOM is amazing imo.

In my limited experience you only get a very subtle visual enhancement, a sort of hint of what could be, until one day you hit the right spot & man it is visual then.

I'd agree LSD is a preferable drug tho.

thanks for the report!

would you say DOC would be a better introduction to the world of DOx's than DOM? (this seemed to be a general thought in your report)

I think the term police were using at the time was "too Stupid To Puke".

Oh yeah. LOL.

Well I certainly didn't feel like puking. 'Cept out my arse.

Gaian_Planes, I think DOC is certainly a better introduction to the DOx series. Actually I don't see the point in taking any of the other ones except to fullfill psychedelic curiousity. Then again I know some people prefer DOM over DOC. I think it's pretty rare and certainly unusual that somebody would prefer DOI over DOC. I haven't tried DOB and from what I've read and been told, I never will. I have heard okay things about DON but I haven't got much interest in it as I really suspect DOC is as good as it gets in the DOx series.

If DOC doesn't treat you well, I'd probably suggest not bothering to try any of the others.

For me DOC has just given me some great moments of clarity and ultimate well-being and really high-end psychedelic experiences. Most of which I haven't written up in trip reports because they occured at festivals and I'm too lazy to write about it.

Not to mention the wonderful DOC afterglow and plateau phase that just leaves me feeling like I'm glowing. DOM left me feeling drained, bored, and devoid of much thought as the night wore on.

I know which camp I'm in, anyway ;)