View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DMT Thread - The Fifth Symphony

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ hahahah for some reason this image you paint makes me laugh you are correct set/setting need to be in sync or its weirrrrrrrrrrrd mannnnn :D

how are you guys able to use DMT in a setting like that? i can understand taking it at a festival while standing around or sitting in your tent but at a concert with thousands of people?! my 2 solo experiences were enough to make me want to remain in an intimate place rather than wanting to try it in public. maybe i'm just a pussy ;)
take a bongload of DMT that morning then your evening concert DMT joint won't hit your head so hard

the first rip of DMT in awhile makes me have to sit down and focus on the trip and nothing else...however the next rips (even hours later I can maintain my demeanour much more readily.

Yeah alex its more slow and gentle...depending of course how much DMT you use. You can also really pack that stuff in there and I found smoking it looking up at the sky works really well (so the ember burns above any unvaporized DMT and literally melts the DMT down through the joint).

So I will probably be getting ahold of some DMT in the near future and I have been reading up and getting really excited :D

My question for you guys though is if you would recommend starting with smaller dosages to get a feel for DMT or just going for a breakthrough right off the bat. While I am not the most experienced psychonaut, I've got I'd guess around 30 trips under my belt (on acid, shrooms, and mescaline), and my inclination is to just try to break through, but I thought I'd get some opinions first.

^I would naturally start with a very small dose to check for any weird allergic reaction (inhale about 5mgs for that). Then, yeah, when I'm trying a new drug I generally start with a low dose, so for DMT that'd be about 20-30mg....one good thing about DMT is that it is relaxing (if you allow it to be), and you'll often find that any fears had before the experience have gone- hence you may choose to smoke a bit more. Another very good thing about DMT is that, if you've smoked a lil bit and like what you feel, simply smoke more- tolerance doesn't build very fast with DMT, though I do believe that it does indeed form. So I'd say prepare enough material for a few small hits (of about 20mgs) and a biggish hit (of about 75mg) and see how you feel once you've embarked. Light DMT effects give incredible clarity of mind, so you can be assured your decision (to have more or not) will be made wth certainty. Enjoy :)

Smoking a DMT-laced joint at a concert? :D Fuck! I'm paranoid enough just getting a hit or two off a plain ol' joint at a show... I'd be seeing elves dressed as cops comin' for me if I were to try that.

You must have balls of steel.

Lol :D It can be confusing; being on DMT in public, I haven't smoked more then a few puffs of a DMT spliff (we really need to think of a groovy word for that) and got the barest of bare effects. However, I've always enjoyed smoking in public spots- the world gets extraordinairly beautiful :)

So I will probably be getting ahold of some DMT in the near future and I have been reading up and getting really excited :D

My question for you guys though is if you would recommend starting with smaller dosages to get a feel for DMT or just going for a breakthrough right off the bat. While I am not the most experienced psychonaut, I've got I'd guess around 30 trips under my belt (on acid, shrooms, and mescaline), and my inclination is to just try to break through, but I thought I'd get some opinions first.

Go for a low breakthrough dose like 30-40 mg. It will be crazy enough, but you wont be too scared.

Avast! I have a quick question for the free-nut gallery if you all dont mind. SWIM is an adult very experienced with various psychs and is currently taking 54mg methylphenidate (Concerta) for clinically diagnosed ADD. If SWIM were to vape, say 30-40 mg of DMT while under the influence of the Concerta, would the trip be in any way hindered?

yeah, and plus we all know swim drowned back in 05' on a ridiculous combination of drugs when running from the cops...

i might start using swis: someone who isnt swim. hahahhahaha

might start using swis: someone who isnt swim. hahahhahaha

lol. swis thinks, that's a good idea ;)

@niacin
i've found uppers to add a uncomfortable speedy edge to dmt - nothing big but not ideal. if i were you i'd avoid mixing the two if possible, but it's not a necessity, especially if you're used to the methylphenidate.

Does it really matter if SWIM were to use SWIM or not? Isnt the point of this forum to offer pertinent information in the spirit of harm reduction and not rag on SWIM for being SWIMself?... But I digest.

And thank you Black for your helpful response.

Passionflower and powdered ayahuasca vine... half and half, with 1 gram of DMT infused into 1 gram of that herbal blend, is pretty nicey smoking blend for full DMT immersion...

But you can just put the herbs in a bong and layer the dmt in between the herb.... take one long deep hit only!

Julian.

remembering dmt trips?

Sorry if it's been discussed, but I couldn't find any info on that.

So, basically, great and immensely enjoyable as DMT trips are, as soon as they're over I forget pretty much everything I've seen, does that happen to others as well? Yesterday, I did a pretty small quantity, I would guess < 30mg, with some weed. I wasn't really looking for psychedelic effects, but it's been a while since I did any psychedelics, so maybe for that reason it hit me pretty hard.

Overall, it was pretty similar to dreaming, when different episodes follow one another, but as soon as the new one begins, I can't remember anything that happened in the last one...

So, is this common, and if yes is there any way to work on remembering the trips?

If you recall what you saw out loud as you come out of the trance it will help. If there are not others around to talk to you can use a tape recorder or something.

Just something I was thinking about -

I have found that it is usually very hard for me to remember details of the dmt flash, even right when I return to reality. I'm also someone who very rarely dreams and/or remembers his dreams. As per Strassman's theory of endogenous DMT's role in the dreaming process, I wonder if there's any correlation between ability to remember DMT experiences and ability to remember dreams. What is your experience with this?

^Hmm, interestng. I have always dreamt lucidly and can pretty much remember my dreams from start to finsh; I don't rememeber all of DMT flashes though. I don't really connect the DMT state with dreaming though; DMT is too structured to be related to dreaming I feel. The reason its hard to rememember is simply part of the nature of DMT; in fact, a lot of psychedelics which intefere with your brains metabolism of glucose and the like will result in mild amnesa, simply because the brain cannot record sufficently when in a 'starved' state.

Smoking dmt from aluminum foil...

I just acquired some dmt for the first time and although I'll probably buy/make a proper pipe eventually, I'd like to try and blast off tonight. Now I've read somewhere that smoking it from aluminum foil is pretty effective, but I've never done this with any drug and I'm not too sure what would be the best way to go about it exactly? It appears some do it with a straw and others kind of make a pipe from the foil? I found the foil pipe idea by searching through the forum but didn't really understand it...

Sooo... anyone have some experiences/practical pointers?

get yourself a glass pipe or make a vapouriser out of a lightbulb or bottle ('the machine')

i wouldn't want to be fumbling around with foil and a straw moments before a dmt trip

Should've listened to you miasma, I tried to 'chase the dragon' but couldn't keep up with the fucker... :! The drop spread out and sometimes it exploded into smoke too suddenly to suck it all up. I did manage to get a pretty intense rush with some visuals but no breakthrough. That's about 100mg wasted already (also threw some in a mini joint as a taster when I just recieved it, same results), fuck...

I should be able to find a simple pipe around where I live, or I could try to make a lightbulb vaporizer. Or 'the machine', haven't looked into that yet.

Which one of these would you say is the hardest to screw up with? :)

Get a crack pipe - it's all I've ever used & they function perfectly well.

That's a glass pipe with a straight stem and on the other end a sphere with a little hole in it right? Please forgive my ignorance, I've never vaporized anything before and never even seen crack...

I'll go check my local hippie bazaar for one of those in a few days then (have an exam tomorrow and the day after), thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.