View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DMT Thread - The Fifth Symphony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have come to love the taste and smell of DMT. Just as I came to love the taste of alprazolam (yum, yum!).

Strangely, the smell of heroin cooking still makes me want to vomit. :\

I smelled that saturated spicy mothball stink of my favorite hallucinogen earlier today on my way home from an exam. Immediately recognizable and man does it light up a bulb in the noggin.

2.48 p.m.
(17 min.) Much higher realizations than after first injection. 'Maybe this is the way we were meant to live, I don't know. (Reclines back against couch) (yawns) 'What a wonderful world!

Dr. MacDonald: 'Any new dimensions compared to LSD?'.

Dr. Hubbard: 'No-----oneness --- everything'. 'We make our devils and they laugh at us. -- smiles -- My! Oh, my! It's wonderful, delicious -- very relaxing -- [every] bone -----

2.51 p.m. 'You're as you should be'. 'Probably self healing should be able to occur under this material. The idea comes strongly. Why are we so dumb? This is the most wonderful thing man has created. What shall I say man has created?'.

2.54 p.m. 'This is the soul expressing itself -- that's why resistance is so painful.

^^^ Excerpt from the new DMT report up on Erowid. Super read, very comprehensive!

I find it fascinating that we all describe DMT smell very differently. Odd. Perhaps due to differing levels of trace contaminants that vary from extraction to extraction?

Yeah, it's really only the 2nd-3rd unwashed pulls that have put a distinct flavor to it from what I've come across. The real pure shit hardly has a smell but whoever said its sorta akin to jasmine a page or two back, that's close methinks.

edit: was thinking of a different thread. other irl companions of mine mention this light scent too.

Last edited:
I have a volcano and I also have an oil pad for it but I have never tried smoking DMT out of it. I was always afraid that some of powder would be wasted because it blows the hot air up. It seems like the DMT might go through the screen and into the balloon.

Not to mention that you would have to clean the attachment pieces when you where done if you don't wanna taste DMT every time you hit the cano.

Even with the normal bowl, the screen holes don't seem too big. Is the powder really that fine? With a brillo pad you should be all set.

I also can't see the technical differences between vaping kief and DMT to be too different.

dmt smells like flowers to me. in fact i smell "dmt" often when walking by some flowering bushes.

i've recently encountered some snow white dmt (from mhrb) that didn't really smell like anything very much. just a faint hint of the familiar dmt smell

^The synth I find also doesn't have that classic DMT smell until it's been melted. It smells like almost nothing before it's smoked, but once there's a bit of melted synth in the pipe, that smell is there. <3 :)

Even with the normal bowl, the screen holes don't seem too big. Is the powder really that fine? With a brillo pad you should be all set.

I also can't see the technical differences between vaping kief and DMT to be too different.

I found vaping kief to be a waste actually which is why I never tried this.

Not to mention the fact that the dmt turns to liquid when exposed to heat so I could see it easily going through the screen. It's not THAT fine.

I Am Forgetting My DMT Trips Within Minutes...

I have been smoking DMT quite heavily the past couple of weeks, due to having a rather large supply available. I have smoked it many times in the past (first about a year ago), but never as frequently as the past 2 weeks or so.... I was having some incredible experiences, and was especially enjoying that feeling of "being loved by the Universe," that ultracontent glow that so often follows a good trip.

Then, about a week ago, the DMT seemed to stop working on me.

A little experimentation revealed to me that I was still having the trip, but the memory of it, details as well as the general experience as a whole was evaporating from my memory within minutes of coming down. And, needless to say, that warm afterglow is now gone.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Have I indulged too much in too short a time? I figure I should take 2 or 3 weeks off and perhaps the old times will return.... will they?

Are there any supplements I should perhaps take to aid this? Any other possible advice on the cause of this phenomenon and how to reverse it?

The idea of a life without an occasional DMT experience, and the memory of it afterwards, is almost unbearable to me. Sad

Any advice or ideas are appreciated. Thanks. :)

junctionalfunkie, have you read The Essential Psychedelic Guide? In it, D.M. Turner talks about a similar thing happening, his inability to remember his trips. He said his use of harmala alkaloids helped his memory retention immensely.

junctionalfunkie, have you read The Essential Psychedelic Guide? In it, D.M. Turner talks about a similar thing happening, his inability to remember his trips. He said his use of harmala alkaloids helped his memory retention immensely.

Is that not a MAOI?

I have been smoking DMT quite heavily the past couple of weeks, due to having a rather large supply available. I have smoked it many times in the past (first about a year ago), but never as frequently as the past 2 weeks or so.... I was having some incredible experiences, and was especially enjoying that feeling of "being loved by the Universe," that ultracontent glow that so often follows a good trip.

Then, about a week ago, the DMT seemed to stop working on me.

A little experimentation revealed to me that I was still having the trip, but the memory of it, details as well as the general experience as a whole was evaporating from my memory within minutes of coming down. And, needless to say, that warm afterglow is now gone.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Have I indulged too much in too short a time? I figure I should take 2 or 3 weeks off and perhaps the old times will return.... will they?

Are there any supplements I should perhaps take to aid this? Any other possible advice on the cause of this phenomenon and how to reverse it?

The idea of a life without an occasional DMT experience, and the memory of it afterwards, is almost unbearable to me. Sad

Any advice or ideas are appreciated. Thanks. :)

Oddly, this is how DMT always is for me. I seem to be unable to have the sort of experience that others describe. I either do not break through, or I come to and have no memory.

The last time I did DMT it was about a half hour following the consumption of rue tea and it helped 'slow' the trip's pace to where I was able to follow along and integrate as it progressed. I had music on which changed things a bit. Definitely recommend an MAOI pre-smoking or changa which will aid recollection a lot.

I think next time I try I will definitely have some rue beforehand.

Xork, after three score or whatever experiences I've accumulated, I started running into your problem. Not the same situation ver batim, but my experiences went from windy ethereal visuals which then transgressed over time into cartoony representations of my mind's mind reflecting upon itself. I'd come to with very little memory since all the 'scenes' of the trip happened so fast. In fact that last time, I could see the visuals pulsing with the music I had on in the background (Star Guitar) and everything that was happening, happened quite clearly and with an easily discernable point to it. Although it was a breakthrough dose I'm not sure if I really "broke through" considering I had the music anchoring me & smoking technique, but it was surely an improved experience from the integration and recollection perspective.

Has anyone here experimented with Tetrahydroharmine (THH) before? I have a gram of it and I only tried it once sublingually(25mg) with about 15-20 mg DMT vaporized.

It definitely extended the trip a little and altered it's character. The most noticeable affect was the comedown being considerably longer and more psychedelic. It has a much more gradual drop off which I like.

I think I might have to experiment with this combo again soon. Definitely has potential.

That settles it, I'll definitely use syrian rue (which has harmine, harmaline, and THH in it) next time. It's weird to me that I've NEVER had a proper experience before despite trying it now probably two dozen times.

^Yeah, if that's what it takes, go for it. Using an MAOI makes all the difference.

Shame that you have not had a proper DMT experience yet. You will come out of it a different person, if you do it right. A stronger, sturdier person with a new surety of his place in the Universe and a indescribable contentment with Life and your place in it. <3 <3

Good luck!

That settles it, I'll definitely use syrian rue (which has harmine, harmaline, and THH in it) next time. It's weird to me that I've NEVER had a proper experience before despite trying it now probably two dozen times.

If you get nausea easily, I recommend splitting your Rue seed dose in half and separate taking them by 30 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.