• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Taking MMO suggestions.

Forbosis.

Bluelighter
I'm looking at picking up an MMORPG again.
I've played WoW with much liking up until the end game which bored the hell out of me.
Mostly just looking for something to take up a decent amount of my time too keep me from doing drugs so much.

Suggestions?
DDO? LoTRo? WoW? (if the expansion made the endgame actually fun)
I'm looking for a game that has solid PvP, PvE is bearable but PvP makes everything more fun.

Thanks.

I'm looking at picking up an MMORPG again.
I've played WoW with much liking up until the end game which bored the hell out of me.
Mostly just looking for something to take up a decent amount of my time too keep me from doing drugs so much.

Suggestions?
DDO? LoTRo? WoW? (if the expansion made the endgame actually fun)
I'm looking for a game that has solid PvP, PvE is bearable but PvP makes everything more fun.

Thanks.

Honestly, nothing. Everything is trying to appeal to as large an audience as possible at the moment which results in absolute shit. It's like watching a sitcom on ABC or something.

The only game that has any potential at the moment is Darkfall and it's not looking very good at the moment because they can't find a US publisher. However, it is being released in Europe January 22nd.

I suggest watching Darkfall after the 22nd of January and seeing what people think of it. This game is our only hope.. GOD DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!

MMOs right now are in a state of "get as many subscribers as possible so don't offend anyone, make it completely retard friendly, etc, etc." Sometime in the near future when the MMO market has been fully discovered and releasing a huge pile of shit doesn't work anymore game companies will focus on niche games like PvP only, etc. Then we'll see some good titles again.

Just looked up a bit about Darkfall.
And not going to lie, it looks fucking raw.
Thanks for the find. :)

Age of Conan, Warhammer, WoW

all great MMOs to waste your time with :)

any of those will do, just depends on your playing style and how much you want to put into it

Age of Conan, Warhammer, WoW

all great MMOs to waste your time with :)

any of those will do, just depends on your playing style and how much you want to put into it

Age of Fail, Failhammer, and World of Fail.

AoC was so absolutely horrible and the company such gigantic dicks about their horrible game that everyone gave up on it on it now has like 10 people playing with more leaving every day.

Warhammer is just a huge pile of shit at the moment. Maybe in a year or more it'll be fun but right now it's not worth playing at all. I started a guild in that game and had over 200 members and I haven't logged in for 3 weeks. I checked my guild roster and no one out of all 200 members has logged in for the last week. Game is dying just like AoC.. no high end content.

WoW is for retarded people who like "raiding" which hands down has always been the least enjoyable part of any MMO ever created. Their PvP attempts are a joke.

Just looked up a bit about Darkfall.
And not going to lie, it looks fucking raw.
Thanks for the find.

Yeah the company lead is an ex Asheron's Call full PvP player. It'll never be pussified like every other MMO. Full player loot, etc. The only doubts I have are about the stability of their code and such. The graphics look good but the animations are a bit retarded. For full player loot and real hardcore PvP I'll put up with stick figures that have no animation though.

You can buy a european copy of the game and play on the 22nd if you don't want to wait. Just might not be able to play on other servers when/if they finally find another publisher.

I'm guessing it'll go like.. release in Europe.. publishers watch and see what people think.. then it releases in North America/Aus/Asia/Etc if everyone seems to enjoy it.

I'll be waiting to see what others think of it. The company is a small independant studio based in Greece and they seem to be so confident that their game will be awesome they aren't doing ANY marketing at all. Hope they're right.

Well, when you're saying that you are going to be giving an almost completely player created game on that large of a scale there are going to be some problems, but if they can get it released with most of the major issues fixed i'm sure it will turn out to be a solid game.

i'll forever be a fan of FFXI

i've also spent plenty of time playing a game called Dofus which is 2D but quite fun

Age of Fail, Failhammer, and World of Fail.

AoC was so absolutely horrible and the company such gigantic dicks about their horrible game that everyone gave up on it on it now has like 10 people playing with more leaving every day.

Warhammer is just a huge pile of shit at the moment. Maybe in a year or more it'll be fun but right now it's not worth playing at all. I started a guild in that game and had over 200 members and I haven't logged in for 3 weeks. I checked my guild roster and no one out of all 200 members has logged in for the last week. Game is dying just like AoC.. no high end content.

WoW is for retarded people who like "raiding" which hands down has always been the least enjoyable part of any MMO ever created. Their PvP attempts are a joke.

Yeah the company lead is an ex Asheron's Call full PvP player. It'll never be pussified like every other MMO. Full player loot, etc. The only doubts I have are about the stability of their code and such. The graphics look good but the animations are a bit retarded. For full player loot and real hardcore PvP I'll put up with stick figures that have no animation though.

You can buy a european copy of the game and play on the 22nd if you don't want to wait. Just might not be able to play on other servers when/if they finally find another publisher.

I'm guessing it'll go like.. release in Europe.. publishers watch and see what people think.. then it releases in North America/Aus/Asia/Etc if everyone seems to enjoy it.

I'll be waiting to see what others think of it. The company is a small independant studio based in Greece and they seem to be so confident that their game will be awesome they aren't doing ANY marketing at all. Hope they're right.

The devs have stated that you will be able to try the game before you buy it, something that gives me hope about this game.

Lotro, all day everyday. Silver lode server which is shutting down and moving to landroval...if you end up downloading and playing, please look me up, i am

buckyoseanessy
zackoseanessy
stevenoseanessy
jonusoseanessy
willyoseanessy

its fun, the pvp is pretty fun...you get to make a few different orcs, or warg, or spider, and play to get commendations that build up your character...the freepeoples are the regular players, like your elves, and hobbits..

However, the best part about the game is having to actually master your role in order to do pvp and you need an elite team that covers all the functions like a burglar for buff/debuff, a captain or minstrel for heals, a warden or guardian to tank with, and a hunter champion or loremaster to do dps. There are other classes that are also quite cool like the rune keeper. You are pretty much a glass cannon so your guardian will be constantly drawing agro off you, or if you have a warden he will be drawing agro and buffing your defenses.....

I can go on and on.