• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-MET Thread

i'm not sure, i've never kept any of it around for long enough to figure that out ;)

Tryptamines are typically more unstable than phenethylamines though. However, I'd imagine with optimal storage conditions it should last quite a while. Refrigeration is probably a good idea, especially if its in solution.

The AcO's are more stable than the HO's and the fumarate salts are more stable than the HCl's so you should be alright. I've had a small amount in my freezer (powder, not soution) for a couple months without degradation.

So I took some around 10sh am and its 305 and i'm almost baseline a few visual effects still nothing major. VERY VERY SMOOTH, although for an hour i got these "brain zaps" that i couldn't explain.

This was the first trip I've had in awhile so when I felt the comeup coming on, I went and laid down with my dog and I don't know if I was in and out of sleep and dreaming or what it was but for awhile I kept thinking I was with other people on a beach or something, when it was just me and my pup laying in bed. I got these huge brain zap type things where like everything in my brain would just click really loud, but before I knew it 2 hours had gone by so I decided to get up and do some lawn work.

Boy was that entertaining cutting the grass and watch it grow right back :O.

Overall I'm sure I didn't get too heavy of a dose (eyeballed off the end of a steak knife, guessing ~25mg) and it was an awesome experience. Not much mindfuck at all (although the guy in the Qwest van working while I was enjoying my cig and mowing my lawn gave me some irky vibes), purely visual if you let it be like you really had to open your mind and be like 'SHOW ME SOMETHING' for major visuals, although there were some CEVs (tryptamine-like) most of it was OEV (when willing).

Probably only a ++ trip but a fantastic one, ready for a night of SoCo and beer.

buy a scale man, this one is likely pretty non-toxic, but a $40 scale could potentially keep you from having a bad time or dying.

Also, there's no way to know what 25mg of that looks like... All the 2c's & 4-AcO's have different weights, volumes, etc, so it makes your data completely useless for other BLers

ehh, i figure if there are 40 25mg doses per baggie, i can't be THAT far off, and with tryps the dosages are pretty forgiving, but I do plan on getting one, eventually.

WOWWOWOWOWOOWWW, after yesterday this compound has taken to my second favorite psychedelic, behind acid, and it is very close to taking over that spot.

Started the day by having about 5 beers and dosed at 3Pm so we would be tripping into the night. My friend and I tripped our NUTS off with the comeup taking around 15 minutes (dosed a knife tip poured into lemonade). The visuals on this substance are INSANE. The visuals get super super crazy if you can focus your mind on one are, I had the entire rug underneath my feet moving on my command like an orchestra.

We watched the baseball game and redosed a little less than the original dose when we were almost all the way back to baseline around 730 or so (not all the way, but most body stimulation was gone and visuals were very weak)...
I didn't think the redose would do much but damn, it brought (at least brought me) right back to a +++ experience with visuals once again going NUTS in my field of vision. It was finally starting to get dark outside (around 9) so we went outside and started playing with firecrackers, sparklers, and shot off a bunch of shells.
Took a trip to a park to set off some big boys and we were paranoid cops were just waiting for us to light it. instantly when we lit it , we both heard someone yell 'POLICE' and what I heard was "xxxxxxxx police, stop right there" and he heard "stop right there i'm calling the police." either way we fucking BOOKED back to his house and shut all the doors and garage and turned off all the lights in paranoia :D. Took us back to the good old days of doing stupid shit and running from the cops :).

We then watched Hot Tub Time Machine after 20 minutes of stupid phone ordering with DISH (funny as hell movie while tripping by the way). I love this substance, can't wait to get my 4-aco-dmt in.

I forgot to mention throughout the day we both drank about 12 beers, maybe 5 or 6 before the trip started, and 6 or 7 after we started tripping. I also forgot we redosed the redose with about half of the redose split between two (extra 5 or so mg each I would guess) around 10:30 or 11?. We then watched Golden Eye and it brought us back to the N64 game and we were geeking out about how funny it was that we knew all the missions from the game (although we both had seen the movie before). Started tripping at around 3, and didn't come completely down until about 2 am or so, maybe even 2:30. Another 2 hours of a cracked out feeling and I finally got some quality sleep, with INSANE DREAMS.

This substance is pretty visual both open and closed eyed, and does have mind expanding properties, but there was never any real mindfuck. My quote of the day was when I was laughing super hard with a beer in my hand for some reason I said "I feel like I'm gonna just melt"

Great 4th of July with a great friend.

3pm - first dose sharp, straight knife tip so I would guess around 25 mgs again
7:30 or 8 pm - first redose, comeup in about 10 minutes tripping HARD again
11 or so pm - small, small booster dose.

Last edited by a moderator:
^So it's great to just get fucked up, but it doesn't have much depth to it?

A shame, I was thinking about getting some, but this report put me of quite a bit.

^So it's great to just get fucked up, but it doesn't have much depth to it?

A shame, I was thinking about getting some, but this report put me of quite a bit.

it depends what you do on it. going to a baseball game and running from cops isn't going to bring out the depth to it. it is just going to be really fun.

There is some depth, but it was obviously blurred by the amount of beer being consumed. The head space was definitely trippy, and we had some in depth conversations about life, but I do not think it will take you very deep down like mushrooms or acid has for me in the past.

Coming up there is definitely some "body load" -- nothing near like mushrooms, just you feel kind of hot. It was also 90 and humid so that could have played a factor. When we redosed we didn't feel as hot, but the temp had gone down a bit so I'm not sure if it was just the drug or the drug+the temp or just the temp that did it.

If anyone wants to see what I consider a "knife tip" dose just let me know I'll shoot a pic.

My buddy acquired some of this 4-aco-met and wants me to be his lab rat. I am kinda sketchy on it but he says we need to try it sooner than later because it degrades somewhat quickly. Hoping that I can dig up some better info on it here on BL because I sure can't find anything on Erowid.

Sounds pretty good though from the TR's here (although I can certainly live without any police encounters)

Last edited:
4 co MET is the most visual/other effects substance i ever tried.
More visual than 4 aco DMT and fare less mystic or mind disturbing.

I haven't found it to be overly visual in the open eye arena, but CEV's have been amazing, especially when combine with cannabis and a small bit (10 mg) of oxycodone (btw I normally don't even like oxy, but for some reason I tried this combo and the euphoria is flooring).

Open eye visuals do take on a unique quality, I can pick out the distinct geometric patterns that emerge along the edges of objects pretty clearly. I'm pretty sure I could distinguish the visuals of this material from most anything else.

PS: Xorkoth I've added my contribution to your survey on this substance, referencing my first experience not combined with anything, for what it's worth.

my vendor stocks this. I am curious. is it long lasting?

also the muscle tremors is it true? I get muscle tremors on weed and psys and so far it has ruined some trips

i had some minor tremor on the comeup, and i took 28mg. They didn't last very long. In fact I was at a show some friends of mine were playing and I was looking for a good spot to do some video when they started, and I was thinking "shit, i want to get this song on video but i've got the damn tryptamine shakes" but as soon as i found a good spot my hands quit shaking, my legs still had tremor for a few more minutes, but not the duration of the song, and the video turned out quite well :D

I tried 20mg of 4-aco-met the other day. Really fun drug. Lasted about 3 hours. I'd describe its effects as a cross between mushrooms and caffein - thoughts were really racing. This is unlike my experience with 4-aco-dmt which was a bit more harsh (on the stomach and psyche) and was more of a trippy distorted high (visually and mentally). It played on my thoughts and emotions in a sort of confused and disorganized way whereas 4-aco-met was just stimulating and fun.

Well I would say find the dosage line were the confusion begins and use a dosage which is kinda high but not confusing. Then combine it with a good sativa strain or JWH-250. Don't overdo the Cannabinoids as you don't feel high or trippy anymore, more sober. After that start some meditation music, close your eyes and lay down. This induces a intensive and deep mystical/religious state BUT still clear and soberlike.

Does anyone know what the test results look like on 4-aco-met for the Simon's and Mecke reagent tests?

SO 4-ACO-MET is stronger than 4-ACO-DMT,i thought the dmt would be stronger.
I've access to both these and the MET is winning so far,what do people think of this because i love a good trip out and the MET seems more colourfull(then again im wizzing ) so whats the coo.;)