⫸STICKY⫷ Official "I CANT POST" Megathread....with Mega-answers

Forum Moderator

Bluelight Bot
Staff member
99% of the new user's complaints about not being able to post are due to a failure to activate their account. Please ensure that you do this before you log a Support request.

Upon registering, you will receive an email which will ask you to click on a link to activate it.

Please note that users who have not yet responded to the activation e-mail sent to the address they signed up with will only be able to post in the Support forum.

Still waiting for that email to arrive? Check your junk/spam folders. If you are a Gmail user, it will almost certainly be in your spam folder. Run a search for the term "Bluelight".

Nothing in the spam folder? Try asking the system to resend it by clicking here.

Once you have successfully activated your account you can post in existing threads or you can create new threads.

New Threads
To create new threads first click on the forum in which the thread will fit best. Clicking on the 'forum' tab on the top left of the website will bring you to this page which has a list of all of the forums as well as brief descriptions of the scope of the forum. Once you find the forum in which you wish to start your thread in (or the 'Homeless Forum' if you don't know where it belongs and you would like a moderator to move it to the appropriate place) click on that forum, and then click on the
newthread.gif
button which is located on the left of the page just above the other threads. From there you will follow the instructions below for making a post within a thread.

Posting in a thread
To post in a thread simply scroll down to the bottom of the page in which you are viewing the thread, and type your response in the 'quick reply' text box. After typing your response simply click the 'post quick reply' button on the bottom right of the text box, seen below within the NSFW code.
NSFW:
5Yo4k.gif

For more posting options you can choose to click the 'go advanced' button to the right of that. Lastly, if you would like to reply to a specific post within a thread you can click the
quote.gif
button on the bottom right of the post, and then follow the directions for posting in a thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everytime I try to start a new thread it says that I dont have permission? I am trying to ask some questions but I cant due to this problem. Any help would be great. Thanks

You seem to have posted here without difficulty. But to better understand what's going on - you need to tell us *where* you are trying to post (is it a closed forum or archive, is it a restricted posting forum like our NorthAmericanEvents, where o where are you doing this?). What error message is it giving - and if it is saying you don't have permission, is the top right corner of the screen indicating you are logged in? The more better info you provide, the better answers you can get. ;)

I cannot post in any of the Focus forums. Of course, those are the only ones I have tried to post in. Here is what it says when I try to start a new topic:

"KeSsX, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

You're account is still waiting for email verification. You need to go to your hotmail account and open the email that the site sent you when you registered and click on the link it provides. That should activate your account so you can post.

You may need to check in your trash/SPAM folder since some email accounts tend to direct the registration email into there rather than your inbox. If the email isn't there anymore, go to here and reset the password using the same email account - a new validation email will get sent to you.

TheLoveBandit said:
You're account is still waiting for email verification. You need to go to your hotmail account and open the email that the site sent you when you registered and click on the link it provides.

The key is not having the site resend the email, the key is to open the email and click on the link inside to activate the account. Your account is STILL waiting for that verification.

The thing is, I registered a long time ago. I must have deleted the e-mail on accident or something. So I need a way to verify since I no longer have the e-mail.

I've had a similar thing happen on a different forum (can't remember exactly what software though). Somehow my validation email was messed up, and the forum thought it had been sent when it really hadn't. The "lost password" button doesn't work because your account isn't valid, so there's no way of getting a new validation email without an admin doing it manually. And you also can't just re-register with a new name, because your email address is tied up with the account that's in limbo.

Not sure if our software has the same problem though, but it might be worth an admin checking whether or not the lost password button works for unvalidated accounts.

I'll have our Engineer check the software - but nobody else is having this problem, so I doubt it's a software issue.

Is the email address you have now a valid address in which you can recieve mail?

OK, I have looked at the software and I can't find any reason that the activation email shouldn't work.

I have re-sent the activation codes to your hotmail account

you should have:
1) received the activation email
2) followed the link in the activation email

Check your spam inbox for the email if it appears you don't have one...

If you no longer have that email account then i'm afraid there is nothing we can do for you, you will need to register a new account with a valid email address and activate your account that way.

"Error 601
Your computer does not have access to this function.
The reason is that you are visiting from a computer that is listed in an open proxy list.
To prevent abuse of our systems, we cannot allow new registrations from this IP address.

You might return after fixing this problem, or register from a different location.

Fixing the open proxy listing will require work on your part. Your computer may have ended up on a blocklist because you have (had) a virus or spyware which allows other people to abuse your Internet connection.

First, scan your computer for any viruses and spyware. Second, you or your ISP must take action to remove your IP address from the proxy lists. To see where your IP address is blacklisted, please visit www.openrbl.org and enter your IP address. You then need to go to the site of the blocklist and request them to remove the listing for your IP address. Often this is an automated process. At other times, it may be that you need to send email or have your ISP request the delisting. Usually the blocklist will then check if your IP address is safe and remove it from the list. When this is done, you will automatically get access to Bluelight."

this has to be the most difficult site I have ever had to register for. Any clue as to what the hell this error message is saying?

Well, I'd read the message as indicating

Your computer does not have access to this function.
The reason is that you are visiting from a computer that is listed in an open proxy list.
To prevent abuse of our systems, we cannot allow new registrations from this IP address.

You might return after fixing this problem, or register from a different location.

Which means, the IP you are coming in from is a problem. It then goes on to tell you how to correct this. At least, that's what the message is explaining to me.

Our engineer checked things out on our side so we don't have a software problem, and if following the instructions from the message is too difficult or isn't working, I'd suggest using his last recommendation - try creating a new account and see if it works.

when i sign in (under momentofclarity) it says "thanks for logging in" but then it goes to a page as if i was not logged in! The problem continues to happen- i re-registered under a different email address (clarifiedmoments) and it does the same thing! Could this be a software problem. Even when i choose forgotten password it says the same thing- ive been having this problem for a few months

Sounds like you have no cookies and/or you didn't check the 'Remember Me' box next to the login at the top right of the screen. What do you mean with the last statement 'choose forgotten password'? Are you asking for the system to send you a new password? I'm not sure what you are describing.

when i type in the "incorrect" password, there is an option to click on forgotten password. Then a temp password is sent in order to reset password, that is what i mean by that (sorry so confusing)! Even when i am sent a temp password, the same thing happens, it will say "Thank you, momentofclarity, for loggin in, then it goes to the page i had previously visited as if i had never signed in!